Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Not to change the subject off of Tevin, but does anyone know what the song in the youtube clip is from?
    I've been racking my itunes for it - the thing of it is, I'm pretty sure it's a black metal song which seems a strange choice for a basketball highlights video.
    Doomed to watch Xavier games on TV since 2008. Still shirtless, though.

Looks like a smaller version of D Brown. And that's a good thing.

updated to reflect offers from X and others.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Thats a 3 right there. Quick enough to gaurd the perimeter, and is a slasher offensively.

That guy is exactly what we need in next years class. I think Ari Stewart sounds like a great option there too. I'd be happy with either, but not sure we need both.

I think a big PF would be our #2 priority.

I think we're set at the #2 for a while, with Graves, Dante, Cheeks and Redford all being options there.

PG feels locked up for a while also, with Cheeks and Holloway.

We're stacked at C for a while, but PF and SF is where we need to get some more depth in the pipeline. CJ and BJ are both gone after this year. That leaves a nice hole at the 3.

Gotta focus on 3/4 for the 2009 class. Thats why I was a bit surprised when we were down to the final 2 for Naji Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Thats a 3 right there. Quick enough to gaurd the perimeter, and is a slasher offensively.

That guy is exactly what we need in next years class. I think Ari Stewart sounds like a great option there too. I'd be happy with either, but not sure we need both.

I think a big PF would be our #2 priority.

I think we're set at the #2 for a while, with Graves, Dante, Cheeks and Redford all being options there.

PG feels locked up for a while also, with Cheeks and Holloway.

We're stacked at C for a while, but PF and SF is where we need to get some more depth in the pipeline. CJ and BJ are both gone after this year. That leaves a nice hole at the 3.

Gotta focus on 3/4 for the 2009 class. Thats why I was a bit surprised when we were down to the final 2 for Naji Hibbert.
    Nice post.

Both Baskin and Stewart are the quintessential "3"s that we're after, but as mentioned before, I don't think the staff would only take one or the other. I think if both wanted to come to Xavier, they'd take them both, call it a day and wouldn't be mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehose View Post
    I've been racking my itunes for it - the thing of it is, I'm pretty sure it's a black metal song which seems a strange choice for a basketball highlights video.
    The song from the Youtube Video is "Requiem for a Dream" its part of the movie score of the flm by the same name. A real good flick too.

- Naji could play the 3 at 6'6". Unfortunately he's going to no mans land. Must have been a good sell because I just don't get it.

- My thinking is that with BJ/CJ graduating and leaving a gaping hole at the 3, we need to fill those two spots with 3's as well. If issues come up due to grades, practice work ethic, etc. I would prefer to have another 3 than to go to a makeshift offense or defense.

From what I've read, Baskin should be classified as the "recruit most likely to come to Xavier."

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    My thinking is that with BJ/CJ graduating and leaving a gaping hole at the 3, we need to fill those two spots with 3's as well. If issues come up due to grades, practice work ethic, etc. I would prefer to have another 3 than to go to a makeshift offense or defense.
    I think you'll see Walsh at the SF spot, with Dante possibly getting some time there as well. So they don't necessarily need to get two SF in the '09 class, but one is almost mandatory.

Xman,

I just don't see Walsh being big and strong enough at this point. When looking at BJ and CJ I just can't see Walsh guarding them. Could he play there...yes. Could he play there effectively...physically I just don't see it....Maybe after a good year of lifting weights.

Plus with only 1 pure SF there would be a lack of competition thus a lack of pushing each other to be the best.