Tevin Baskin (Offer)

Position: SF
    High School: Trinity High School
    Home Town: Stamford Connecticut
    Number: TBD
    Height: 6'6
    Weight: 185

Offers:
    Xavier, Auburn, Umass, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John's, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Fairfield

Others Interested:
    Arizona, Clemson, Uconn, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Providence, USC, Virginia, West Virginia

Sophomore

Saw some video

I saw a video on youtube on this kid. He has hops but not to sure if he has game. Anyone know how good he is? Also I think he has a connection to our new assistant coach Book.

I've seen some video of him on Youtube as well, and he definitely has a connection to Book. Baskin plays for the New York Gauchos,an AAU team coached by Book. It's too early to tell if their previous relationship will pay dividends for X.

Tevin Baskin

Happened to be flipping around this weekend and caught some regional Fox Sports channel that had Baskins's team in the state finals. He played well (double figures) and had a dunk at the buzzer to seal the deal. The announcers mentioned that X was looking at him during the game. Looks like he has a lot of raw potential.
    Zip'em Up!

Some items recently written about Tevin. I'd love to get Ari and Tevin.

Tevin Baskin - If this kid isn't an elite guy, then I must be blind! The NY Gauchos wing stands 6-7 and is built like a strong safety. He attacked the basket with a vengeance and played with what seemed like anger. He was assertive, very aggressive and strong. He never seemed to tire -- played hard on BOTH ends of the floor and made some incredibly athletic and ferocious plays at the rim. His stock is rising fast for college coaches that need a fierce forward who thrives in transition.

SF, 6-6, 185
    With similar athleticism as Hall, Baskin is a high-motor player who excels around the basket. He is quick off his feet and has a nose for the ball.
    Baskin didn't get a ton of touches in the guard-oriented Gauchos' attack, but he efficiently got the ball in the basket when he had the opportunity. And you can always count on a number of defensive plays off of his hustle and athleticism.

Tevin Baskin of the New York Gauchos appeared to run out of steam against Boo Williams Saturday night, but he was a terror to opponents in pool play. With one of the best motors in the class, Baskins is constantly attacking the glass for rebounds, attacking the rim with the basketball and making defensive plays with his athletic hustle.

Tevin Baskin from the New York Gauchos looks great physically and played with great aggression against Karron Johnson.

Sounds like C.J. Anderson with D. I get the impression Baskin also lacks the ability to hit a jumper, something that would make Anderson nearly unguardable. Of course Baskin is still young and could develop that mid-range jumper if he doesn't have it yet (he may, just hasn't had the need to use it).

Sophomore
    I'm of the opinion that Tevin needs to be our #1 target. He has everything that we need at the small forward position. He is a great slasher, freak athlete, great rebounder, and has a high end motor. Of all the kids that Book is recruiting I think Baskin would fill a significant need with BJ/CJ and perhaps Derrick leaving after next season. I want this guy and think he will be a better prospect than Ari Stewart when its all said and done.

Here is the latest from the highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgaEbDIlevM
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

CJ can't dunk like that! Damn that kid is athletic, and his jumper looks pretty good too. I can see what they mean about his motor, looks like everyone else was playing in slow motion.

He is quick for his size and jumps damn high. His shot is pretty good as well.
    Not to change the subject off of Tevin, but does anyone know what the song in the youtube clip is from?

Let's just land both Stewart and Baskin.