Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Then I'm assuming grades will be no problem for Jones. His parents are apparently very smart people!

Skyline=YUMMY! (Yes, damn it, I used "YUMMY" just now.)
    Yummy like DeJaun Blairs ACl's? I think he covered them with chili beans and cheese
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Yummy like DeJaun Blairs ACl's? I think he covered them with chili beans and cheese
    Nice...the Blair ACL thing is still funny! (By the way...the f'ing CONGO!)

Sophomore
    So we know he was on campus again...

Any news on this kid?

Sounds like it's between Marquette and X for Jamail. Bino and Kelsey need to put the fullcourt press on this kid.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Sounds like it's between Marquette and X for Jamail. Bino and Kelsey need to put the fullcourt press on this kid.
    I agree. Check the link to see what an ESPN recruiting guru has to say about Jones. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...aul&id=4294027 .
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Heard from sources that is down between Xavier, Marquette, and UC actually. Apparently this kid is a freak of an athlete. Scholarships are limited at Marquette for the '10 class, but apparently Buzz is going hard after this as one of, if not his main, target.
    There is nuance, and complexity...

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by dto View Post
    Heard from sources that is down between Xavier, Marquette, and UC actually. Apparently this kid is a freak of an athlete. Scholarships are limited at Marquette for the '10 class, but apparently Buzz is going hard after this as one of, if not his main, target.
    He is not down to XU, Marquette and UC. He has 10 schools still in the mix. His decision might come soon but whomever started this rumor is off base. After he left UC this past weekend, he has made some comments that indicate otherwise about who he is down to. He seemed to be a very good guy and would be a great pick up for any school. I'm not trying to piss on a parade but nobody should believe this rumor.

If this comes from someone at XU, they should not say these kinds of things. Message boards get read by recruits an families and to make a decision for someone is not exactly the most impressive thing for a recrut to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    He is not down to XU, Marquette and UC. He has 10 schools still in the mix. His decision might come soon but whomever started this rumor is off base. After he left UC this past weekend, he has made some comments that indicate otherwise about who he is down to. He seemed to be a very good guy and would be a great pick up for any school. I'm not trying to piss on a parade but nobody should believe this rumor.

If this comes from someone at XU, they should not say these kinds of things. Message boards get read by recruits an families and to make a decision for someone is not exactly the most impressive thing for a recrut to see.
    Well the sources are Brian Snow from Rivals, he didn't say it is a sure thing its down to those 3 schools but he said it sounds like it, from talking directly to the recruit. Besides, whenever someone says according to sources doesn't mean you automatically take it to the bank. Someone heard something from someone who heard it from someone..... you said, its a message board, people come here to talk about Xavier basketball. Not like the guy called this recuit a thug or anything, merely suggested the 3 schools he's narrowed his choice down. So sorry Jones family, please don't hold this against X........

Good advice. If you care about Xavier basketball, you should always post under the assumption that the persons you are posting about are reading it AND that they care about what you say. Because they could. They arguably shouldn't care, but they could.

And why take that chance if you care about Xavier basketball?

Freshman

I apologize if this offended someone at all, particularly if a recruit saw this and felt this way. I heard it from a source, but apparently my source was incorrect.

Please do not believe me to be ignorant of the fact that recruits, families, coaches, etc. read message boards. Also, there are many other factors, besides what one person says on a message board, that "make a decision for someone". It certainly was not my intention to do so, as I was simply posting information that was given to me. Not being argumentative here, just saying that I don't appreciate being talked down to for posting information that was found to be incorrect.

In fact, I am actually in the camp that hopes Jamail ends up here at X. From everything I have seen on him, he would fit in fantastically at X, with his combination of freakish athleticism and all-around skill. I have been most impressed with Jamail, and wish him the best, no matter what institution he chooses to attend. Certainly that school and program will be blessed with a serious talent. Thank you.
    Last edited by dto; 07-06-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    There is nuance, and complexity...