Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Wright

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    Xavier has not offered Cameron Wright, because the staff does not feel he is good enough for a 2010 scholarship
    So your saying he's not the Wright fit for Xavier *ba dum tish* Thanks everyone I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

In all seriousness Wright wouldn't be a good fit for Dayton because that would be too many "CW"s on one roster and UD mellonheads would get their dumb initial nicknames mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    Xavier has not offered Cameron Wright, because the staff does not feel he is good enough for a 2010 scholarship...dayton recruits lesser players for the most part...The only two that X would have taken is Chris Wright and Juwan Staten, although we are not really looking for a PG in the 2010 class...Brandon Spearman on the other hand is someone who X would take, although they have not offered him yet...I think that may happen when Spearman visits X, probably later in June.
    I would have much rather had Staten than Spearman.

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    I would have much rather had Staten than Spearman.
    Xavier does not need a PG for their 2010 recruiting class...Holloway will be a Junior and Mark Lyons only a Sophomore...Xavier is more focused on Dee Davis and Shane Larkin to add a Top 100 PG in 2011, which should be great, meaning that they could take over the reigns after Mark Lyons graduates when they are Juniors...I think Spearman would be more necessary if/when Jordan Crawford leaves Xavier...I do not think Crawford is going to stay at X for all 3 years...I think 2 years at the most, possibly 1, depending on how he does this year...I am not saying Staten is bettern than Spearman, or Spearman is better than Staten...All I am saying is that Xavier should definitely need a SG, much more than a PG for their 2010 class if they choose to recruit one...What we really need in 2010 are PF's, SF's, and C's, which are all our primary targets...That is why landing Latham is huge, because he is primarly a PF, but can also play, C.

Though Xavier may not have been hurting for a point guard in the 2010 class, they were still going pretty hard after Staten before he committed to UD.
    Last edited by kyxu; 06-22-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    Are you saying that about Juwan Staten as well? Because I'm thinking their guards are going to be stacked if they continue to recruit like this.
    That's some leap. Where has Staten been mentioned in this thread?

I believe the thread is about Cameron Wright. Period.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

ChrisFarley
    a june 13 article on the recruit.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...rs-161474.html

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    That's some leap. Where has Staten been mentioned in this thread?

I believe the thread is about Cameron Wright. Period.
    Someone else was commenting on the fact that they don't want a guy that UD is recruiting... That prompted the question: "Were you saying the same thing about Staten?" Because I would love to have him.

Cameron Wright committed to Pittsburgh today, fwiw.

Latham, Canty and Dee Davis.....the tradition will continue........

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Latham, Canty and Dee Davis.....the tradition will continue........
    Oh, I'm not lamenting Cameron Wright going to Pitt. I don't even think Xavier offered him a scholarship.