Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Blurb on recruit Dee Davis

...from the HeraldTimes ...

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/quickhits/?p=2052

It’s the summer. It’s a teenager’s job to sleep in.

So it’s easy to forgive South guard Dee Davis for being asleep at 11 a.m. Monday. It is equally forgivable that Dayton assistant coach Jon Borovich woke Davis up with a phone call.

Monday was the first day college coaches could call Davis.

Borovich was first, but Davis also heard from Xavier head coach Chris Mack, Michigan assistant John Mahoney and a coach at Ohio State. There were a few others, but Davis could not remember everyone.

Davis, who has offers from Purdue and Xavier, visited Xavier last week with South assistant coach Kyle Simpson. Davis was able to play in a pickup game with some of the current Musketeers.

He said former IU guard Jordan Crawford was “something else,” but that he felt like he was able to play with them. That is, when they were not fouling Davis to keep him from scoring.

The 5-foot-10 rising junior was invited to Indiana’s Elite Camp, but said he had mixed up the date and times and found out too late he had missed it. Oops.
    Chris Mack: "I just knew that I had a lot more passion for basketball than I did for hydraulic oil."

After reading that I'm more excited about Jordan Crawford than anything about this recruit. Losing Brown hurts, but I cannot wait to see Crawford out there.

I remember watching the blue/white games last year and Crawford was sick. In my opinion he was the best player on the court.
    - Bob Sacamano

Miller has stated that Crawford could be remembered as Xavier's best-ever shooting guard.

Anyone attending the postseason banquet will recall BJ Raymond looking across the entire crowd (3 different times throughout his speech) and stating, "You guys are in for a big treat ... and I mean a big treat!" when referring to Jordan Crawford.

The consensus was that Crawford was going to be our best player next year -- even with Brown returning, and comfortably so.

There is a very legitimate chance that we will only get to watch him for one year wearing Xavier blue & white.

I like the part about him missing the IU camp because he messed up the dates, whatver it takes to keep our competitors away.

Freshman

my opinion

Forgetting the dates was a tackful way of saying he's not interested in IU. I am impressed that this teenager showed his respect to our current players. Would be interested to know what Crawford thought of him?

Freshman

Agree

I agree with Boozehound that recruiting starts way to early. A kid with maturity will not commit until after their Junior season IMO. You never know what will happen in a coaching staff two-three years in advance.

There's an idea that bigger schools, like Duke, need to move in quicker with their recruiting, ratherthen waiting like they have done in the past, mostly because schools like Xavier land kids quicker because they get in quicker.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Xpectations View Post
    The consensus was that Crawford was going to be our best player next year -- even with Brown returning, and comfortably so.
    But just imagine Brown playing with Lyons and Crawford? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    But just imagine Brown playing with Lyons and Crawford? Nice.
    Trust me. I have. We would have been just stupid good next year with DBrown. You could put multiple lineups on the court with just ridiculous athleticism.

Imagine being able to put McLean, Brown, Jackson, Crawford and Lyons on the court together at the same time. That is some freakin' freakish athleticism.

Damn, what might have been.