Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Darwin Davis (COMMIT XAVIER)

Point guard
    Bloomington (IN) Bloomington South
    Ht: 5-foot-9
    Wt: 160 lbs
    Class: 2011 (High School)

Interest:
    Indiana, Iowa, Tennessee, Xavier, Butler, Ohio.

Offers:
    Xavier, Ohio, Purdue

Very solid floor leader, Drew Lavender like guard who is quick as hell and a nice passer. Being from Bloomington, I would imagine it might be tough getting Davis away from IU if they offer him.

We're in early, so that can't hurt.

I think some may overrate the lure of playing for IU for those from the state of Indiana, although he is from Bloomington so there may be a stronger connection.

Sophomore
    IU already has a verbal from a PG for 2011. I'm not saying they would not take two, but Darwin would have to compete with a player in his class for time.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

IU is under a lot of pressure from their fanbase to start collecting local talent. In my opinion they will get around to offering Davis a scholarship at some point. It will be up to Davis to determine if IU is really a plausible scenario by then.

Not to mention that IU has quite a logjam of scholarships in the 2008 and 2009 classes. We'll have to see how it plays out.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

XU offers Dee Davis

Bloomington South guard Dee Davis has added an offer from Xavier University and new Musketeers head coach Chris Mack.

The 5-foot-11 sophomore made an unofficial visit to the campus and added the offer to go along with those from Ohio University and New Mexico.

Davis averaged 13.2 points a game and helped Bloomington South to a 26-0 record.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

We just offered a sophomore who's only other offers are New Mexico and Ohio.

Huh.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

Huh.
    It's early. X is the first of what will likely be many major programs to offer.

Jody Demling, who writes a superb recruiting blog for the Louisville C-J,

had a recent blog posting re: Mr Davis....

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs...pg-talent.html

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

New Mexico eh? Wonder what kind of connections Steve Alford has kept in Btown

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

Huh.
    Xavier has definitely moved up in the recruiting world but they still have to get in early with elite players to increase their odds. Xavier has yet to earn the privilege to hold off on guys they like and offer late. With the 2010 class looking to shape up soon, Mack and Co. have intelligently shifted their attention to the 2011. Word is Dee has some great talent to him and I would love to see the Muskies land him.