Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junior vs A-Rod

Junior vs A-Rod

Say what you want about Paul Daugherty but the man hit a grand slam home run with his article in today's Enquirer.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...t+with+dignity

I am not saying his views aren't correct, but someone from SI.com wrote an article like that days ago.

I hate griffey and I hate A-Roid even more. Can't even open the article.

Nice article, long overdue.

Very true about Griff, kudos to him and his family.

Too bad so many in Cincinnati just couldn't accept him for what he was, a ball player. He was paid well, and performed well. That's all that should be asked and given.

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    Nice article, long overdue.

Very true about Griff, kudos to him and his family.

Too bad so many in Cincinnati just couldn't accept him for what he was, a ball player. He was paid well, and performed well. That's all that should be asked and given.
    I accepted the fact that he was a baby and a pu$$y.
    and, I didn't want to take up a large chunk of our small market payroll for a 3 hole hitter who bats .250 and was one of the worst 2-strike hitters in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I accepted the fact that he was a baby and a pu$$y.
    and, I didn't want to take up a large chunk of our small market payroll for a 3 hole hitter who bats .250 and was one of the worst 2-strike hitters in the lineup.
    All that being said, gg, Junior will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer and a guy who accomplished that without the unfair advantages enjoyed by many other of the recent "greats" of the game. And I believe your characterization of him as a baby and a pu$$y is a bit overblown. The fact is that if any of us had to make our livings with our bodies, we would have been just as hard-pressed as Junior to perform up to our previous levels of excellence given the severity of injuries he had.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    All that being said, gg, Junior will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer and a guy who accomplished that without the unfair advantages enjoyed by many other of the recent "greats" of the game. And I believe your characterization of him as a baby and a pu$$y is a bit overblown. The fact is that if any of us had to make our livings with our bodies, we would have been just as hard-pressed as Junior to perform up to our previous levels of excellence given the severity of injuries he had.
    Do you have proof he didn't do steroids? I know I don't.
    Just because he is not a meathead with big muscles, doesn't mean he didn't partake.
    He is so lazy that if he did participate in the roids, he would not get as big as A-Roid, Pujols, and Canseco because he wouldn't eat right and work out 24/7 (see Palmeiro, Rafael).

Yes, my characterization might be a little harsh, but I hate his salary and attitude that handcuffed the Reds for 9 years, even though not all of it was his fault.
    Leatherpants and Crap Lindner had a little to do with that pathetic signing.

I don't understand how anyone can hate griffey. His years as a ballplayer in cincy were a failure, but off the field he is a good guy. e.g. Befriending a family in NYC who lost their husband and father in the 9-11 attacks, making sure the little kid whose grandpa died at a reds game was taken care of. Sure we all wish the griffey years were more sucessful, but its just a game, no reason to hate the man.

I don't care about the 3,4, or 100 things he's done off the field. There are many players who do the same thing if not much more (see Wade, Dwayne).
    You like him, I hate him. We all have opinions.

Isn't Dwayne Wade being sued by his soon-to-be ex-wife for giving him an STD recently?

South Beach baby!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12