Justin Gant

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

A rising sophomore that is starting to draw some major attention.

Terre Haute (Ind.) North forward Justin Gant already has four offers and is getting a number of other big-time looks. Rick Bolus of High Potential Recruiting Service ranks him as one of the top 15 underclassmen in the Hoosier State. (Remember, eight underclassmen have already committed to Division I schools).

The 6-foot-8, 190-pound Gant already has offers from Bradley, Iowa, Indiana State and Rice. He's hearing a lot from the Hoosiers, Xavier, Purdue, Illinois and Butler.

Gant has been to a couple of Indiana games, went to a recent game at Illinois and has also made unofficial visits to Xavier, Purdue and Butler.

While he's still a ways from making a decision, Gant said his list is not limited to those already recruiting him. But - as you can tell by the list - he'd like to stay in the Midwest.

"I wouldn't want to go too far," he said. "The system and the coach are big for me. I want to be able to play in a system where I can play my best and a coach whose style I like."

Gant, who plays AAU ball for the Indiana Elite program, averaged 18 points and eight rebounds a game for his Terre Haute North team. He said he's likely to narrow his list of schools down this spring or summer.
    Balls of Steele!!

Justin Gant - PF

Position: Power forward
    High School: Terre Haute (IN) Terre Haute North Vigo
    Class: 2011 (High School)

Interest:
    Indiana, Xavier, Butler, Ohio St., and Purdue

Offers:
    Bradley, Indiana St., Iowa, Southern Illinois, Evansville
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I hear that Gant is extremely interested in X.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

"Sentir le gant !" - Smell the Glove

Justin has picked up a few more MVC offers.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Ha! That's the first time I saw that. 4 of the 5 coaches listed as recruiting Gant are Butler guys. That's hilarious. Need to get Scott Drew in there.

Freshman
    Committed to Indiana State yesterday.