Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Per Indy Star Dawson committed to Michigan State today.

A small forward from the 2011 class committed to MSU bodes well for us in regards to Jakarr Sampson and Jalen Reynolds, though they are capable of playing the PF position as well.

Sophomore
    Jakarr Sampson is not going to happen. Jalen Reynolds is going to be the guy.

MSU not only got Dawson yesterday but his AAU teammate and PG, Trice. This is big time news for Xavier, because now MSU only has 1 scholarship remaining for the 2012 class. They have signed 5 guards/swing players in the 2011 and 2012 already, and with one scholarship left they are going to need to lock-up a big in 2012.

I believe this is huge news on the Gary Harris front, because everything I have heard said it currently is MSU and Xavier. Obviously, MSU can oversign by one, and if Harris waits until the late period MSU could make room for him, but I think this puts Xavier in the lead.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but just looking at the facts I would imagine we are in a better position.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Well, I was wrong on that one. Sounds like Dawson has been playing the "game" since June. Everyone thought he was Purdue's to lose yet he is saying he knew it was Michigan State since June. Congrats to Izzo. I have to say, I respect the hell out of him. Great coach, players love him, true to his employer-all the same qualities that Chris has for X!

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Jakarr Sampson is not going to happen. Jalen Reynolds is going to be the guy.

MSU not only got Dawson yesterday but his AAU teammate and PG, Trice. This is big time news for Xavier, because now MSU only has 1 scholarship remaining for the 2012 class. They have signed 5 guards/swing players in the 2011 and 2012 already, and with one scholarship left they are going to need to lock-up a big in 2012.

I believe this is huge news on the Gary Harris front, because everything I have heard said it currently is MSU and Xavier. Obviously, MSU can oversign by one, and if Harris waits until the late period MSU could make room for him, but I think this puts Xavier in the lead.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but just looking at the facts I would imagine we are in a better position.
    We were in the lead for Sampson for awhile and you're right, that will not happen anymore. It is still real early for Gary Harris.

Hope you're correct!

Why are you so sure Sampson isn't coming to X? He stated that he has not made a top 3 that was previously reported. X seems to still be in the running unless someone has additional information.

MSU will still take Harris. They have a scholarship left and most likely a guy or two usually transfer every year. I think were still fighting an uphill battle against MSU for Gary.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    It would have to be hard to say no to Tom Izzo. "I can guarantee if you come play for me you will play in the Final 4."

Although they do have to stay 4 years for it to be a guarantee, but still.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by madness31 View Post
    Why are you so sure Sampson isn't coming to X? He stated that he has not made a top 3 that was previously reported. X seems to still be in the running unless someone has additional information.
    Because we will be out of scholarships in about two weeks.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Because we will be out of scholarships in about two weeks.
    I guarantee you that, even if we are out of schollies, if Sampson wants to commit to X Mack will find room for him. Transfers happen all the time.