Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madfan View Post
    Just heard that Austin's family lost their home in a fire this weekend. I know he's a big target for us, but regardless if he commits to X or not-I wish his family well.
    Where did you hear this? I see nothing in the local news.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Someone posted it on the Rivals message board.

Sophomore
    Thats terrible.

If you are one who prays, pray for his family.

Word around town is that Etherington is set to commit to IU today.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Word around town is that Etherington is set to commit to IU today.
    If this is true, I'd say the new strategy should be to take two wings for the 2010 class. Hopefully out of the group of Martin, Canty, and Jones.

I've just heard from a good source that Etherington has committed to IU.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Freshman
    Yep-heard it too. Poor kid-loses his house and hopes of being on a good team all in the same week.

IU really isn't too far away from being solid. I wish Etherington the best of luck.

I'm now really on the bandwagon for a Latham, Jones, Canty, Spoon/McKenzie 2010 class. Although I wouldn't mind Martin either.

Alex Etherington, a promising sophomore wing player in Indiana, went up for a dunk last month against Peru High School. As the video shows, he was badly undercut in a thuggish act by a coward on the opposing team. Etherington was hospitalized with bleeding on the brain and he had “temporary paralysis.”

Etherington’s OK now, but his major concussion will force him to miss the remainder of the season. His team won the game – his brother, Austin Etherington – scored 22 points and made the game-winning shot, but with the state tournament looming, the brothers will never play together again. Austin is headed to Indiana next year – he’ll be Cody Zeller’s roommate.
    You can watch the video of it here: http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011...is/#more-83409