Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Austin visited Purdue this week and will be at IU's camp this weekend.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Austin is one of Indiana's "Elite Camp" invites. Tom Crean will get a good look at him and we'll know how interested IU is.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

IU has now offered Austin.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Per Jody Demling....Louisville C-J...

Etherington picks up IU offer

A little new for this Saturday evening as word comes from the Hoosier State that Hamilton Heights (Ind.) wing Austin Etherington picked up an offer from Indiana.

The 6-foot-6 Etherington is an intriguing Class of 2011 prospect.

He's a talented kid with a huge upside - in my opinion - because of his past history. He missed an entire season with a knee injury this spring is just getting back into tip-top shape on the court.

Etherington also has offers from New Mexico and Xavier and is also getting some serious interest from, Butler, Purdue and Northwestern among others. His father, Brett, played ball at Butler.

IU already has one commitment in the '11 class - guard Matt Carlino of Bloomington South.

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

The rumor running around the state right now is that the IU staff has put a time limit on Austin to accept his offer.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

From what I'm hearing the coaches love Austin...

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    From what I'm hearing the coaches love Austin...
    Saw in the It Takes 5 recap that we will be hard to beat out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by xu15 View Post
    Saw in the It Takes 5 recap that we will be hard to beat out for him.
    Don't know if that's a good thing.

Of course the next D-1 recruit I sign will be my first so...

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    Don't know if that's a good thing.

Of course the next D-1 recruit I sign will be my first so...
    Jody Demling in Vegas day 2:

•Indiana target Austin Etherington had the best game I have seen from him this afternoon also for Indiana Elite/Team Indiana. He only had 12 points but did a little bit of everything and made a huge play in a close game late on defense. People forget the kid only played seven high school games last season after an injury. He's going to be a star.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 07-24-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Freshman
    Just heard that Austin's family lost their home in a fire this weekend. I know he's a big target for us, but regardless if he commits to X or not-I wish his family well.