Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10 Reasons Why It's Great to be a Dayton Flyer

Just a few reasons why you chumps could only wish you were members of the Flyer Faithful.

1. It's great to play in an Arena that was built 40 years ago. It doesn't matter if I have an awful view of the game from whichever seat I get because that way I don't have to watch the Flyers lose to Xavier!

2. We get to see our home grown basketball talent on ESPN all the time when they are playing for Xavier and OSU!

3. EGGZavier fans love to brag that the Muskies made the Elite 8 in 2008, but we made the NIT elite 8 so that's definitely a push.

4. Nothing says we are a proud Catholic School like giving it the secular name of University of Dayton.

5. We have the nerdiest band in the world.

6. Our Coach is the shortest in the NCAA meaning he gets a major tactical advantage during games.

7. We win games in the NCAA tournament!!! Once a decade or so.

8. It would suck to beat the team we view as our biggest rival at their place. I'm so glad we don't do that.

9. We looked totally bada** in our black jerseys that we wore at Cintas last year. The Tshirts we wore as warmups made us look like the BIG TIME program we are.

10. London Warren is our Point Guard.

Nuff Said have fun in the "Top Ten" and "Second Weekend of the NCAA Tourney" next year. Losers.

Somebody was bored today.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Come on, boozehound, I rather enjoyed it.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I didn't say it wasn't funny, I just said that somebody was bored today.
    Eat Donuts!

reps for effort...most honest flyer fan i've ever met (sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    You're just jealous because we had Jimmy Binnie for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers!!! View Post
    You're just jealous because we had Jimmy Binnie for 4 years.
    You're right. When Jimmy Binnie is on the same floor as Xavier, Xavier tends to win. If we had him for the last four years, dare I say Xavier wouldn't have lost a game in that span?

I love the post, it brightened my day. I knew that this was a joke as soon as point 2 was made, that "We get to see our home grown basketball talent on ESPN all the time when they are playing for Xavier and OSU!"
    Not that seeing your "home grown basketball talent" isn't a good thing, but when it's for ANOTHER TEAM, especially your rival, then it's just funny and I know that this is a joke. well done to you for brightening my day.

I HATE DAYTON
    "The kid tried to jump with me and that was his first mistake."- postgame interview with Jamel McLean after defeating Wisconsin 60-49

Talk about can't judge a book by it's cover. I almost neg reped you on thread title alone. Now I am glad I took the time to read that. Hey when we get a new scoreboard next year maybe UD arena can get our old one, it would be a huge upgrade from that relic you have now.
    Last edited by coasterville95; 04-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    - David Bowers ('95)

11. Xavier fans struugle with what to do in off-season. Foks... 1) Basketball season 2) Watemelon season. 3) Repeat. Figure it out. Advantage Dayton.