PDA

View Full Version : Gmail

GuyFawkes38
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
This is really cool:

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/autopilot/index.html

I've been hearing for a while now that Google has been working on this type of product (computing with actual intelligence).

XU05and07
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
It's their April Fools Day joke...last year they had an app that would be pre-date and time emails

GuyFawkes38
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
It's their April Fools Day joke...last year they had an app that would be pre-date and time emails

Yeah, I know. I was thinking the old timers on this board would believe it.

GuyFawkes38
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM

Ha, I remember that predate app. I thought it was real, until now.

muskienick
04-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Guy,

We "oldtimers" apologize for not yet having died, thus continuing to use up perfectly good oxygen, water, and other stuff that could be used by you 20-, 30-, and 40-something folks.

By the way, have you planned yet how you will orchestrate your own demise as you close in on your 50's or (gasp!!!) 60's?

I suspect that your opinion of "Life After Fifty" will modify drastically from its present form as you draw nearer to that benchmark!

GuyFawkes38
04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Guy,

We "oldtimers" apologize for not yet having died, thus continuing to use up perfectly good oxygen, water, and other stuff that could be used by you 20-, 30-, and 40-something folks.

By the way, have you planned yet how you will orchestrate your own demise as you close in on your 50's or (gasp!!!) 60's?

I suspect that your opinion of "Life After Fifty" will modify drastically from its present form as you draw nearer to that benchmark!

I didn't mean to use the term "oldtimers" in a negative manner.

I love people over 50.

Now do I believe that the over 50 group will ruin my generation to keep their ineffective and over funded medicare benefits? yes.

muckem muckem
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh God, here we go.

You start life in diapers and some folks end up that way. Everything in between is gravy.

wkrq59
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I didn't mean to use the term "oldtimers" in a negative manner.
I love people over 50.
Now do I believe that the over 50 group will ruin my generation to keep their ineffective and over funded medicare benefits? yes.
Ahem, from age 72---I too got the gmail message, but since I have been using gmail for about five years or whenever it first started I happen to prefer it over hotmail, yahoomail, operamail, and fusemail...try a lot and settle for 1. Got rid of aol and netscape a long time ago.
Now, about that crack re:Medicare....Have I introduced you to my two uncles, Louie and Guido?
Louie is a 357-pound Kodiak bear who visits your house and sh!ts all over your rugs. And Guido is the uncle who lives in Newark and takes good care to eradicate any problems that caused Louie to defecate on your premises. :D

blobfan
04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
"Two Gmail accounts can happily converse with each other for up to three messages each."

That's too funny.