PDA

View Full Version : First NBA game

Kahns Krazy
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM
The old lady's old man got us tickets to the Bulls-Nets game Saturday. I've never been to an NBA game. I'm looking forward to it, kind of. I hate watching the NBA. I'm just assuming that being there is far more exciting.

golfitup
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
If you have floor seats then it should be a very good experience for you. Those guys are just all freaks no matter what team you see.

XUglow
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
I think that you will probably be amazed at the speed on the court. TV doesn't do a good job of showing off just how fast they can go.

Kahns Krazy
04-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I doubt they're floor seats, but I'd be surprised if they're in th rafters. Hopefully a fun experience.

Cheesehead
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
The good: they are great athletes. The dad: it's still the NBA.

If you like players taking 5 steps, little or no defense, more one on one stuff than actual plays, then you'll love it!

MHettel
04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
If you are lucky, you'll find yourself watching a close, meaningful game in the 4th quarter. Those are exciting.

If you are unlucky, it will be like watching a pre-season football game. Almost no passion in the NBA

Its amazing what you'll see in person that you dont see on TV. I watched the ball change possession 4 times and Rasheed Wallace never crossed halfcourt. just stayed and played defense. Shot, rebound, run, bucket, shot rebound run bucket. Wallace just stayed back on defense, and the pistons ran.

xuwin
04-02-2009, 03:33 PM
These guys play 80 regular season games, about 20 preseason games and another 25 or 30 playoff games a year if they go far in the playoffs, so, it's almost impossible to put out the same continuous effort that you see in the college games. They are also playing 48 minute games. I think part of playing effectively in the NBA is learning how to conserve energy without hurting the team.

MHettel
04-02-2009, 06:56 PM
They should expand the roster by 3 players for each team. One team will realize that they can play 3 'lines" and sub every 2-3 minutes like hockey. the tempo and the excitement will skyrocket.

mdavid6123
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I absolutely love NBA. My first game was a couple years ago when LeBron scored 29 of the last 30 for Cleveland when they beat Detroit in Detroit and after that I have been going to games up at the Q ever since.

D-West & PO-Z
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I like the NBA but I used to LOVE it when I was a kid.

I am a Knicks fan and the rivalries with the Bulls, Pacers, and Heat that the Knicks had just didnt get any better. I used to hate the Heat more than any other team in sports.(More than the Cowboys, more than UC, more than the Braves or Phillies.) I used to hate Reggie Miller more than any other player in sports.(PJ Brown was up there too but for different reasons.) Now I still follow the Knicks and like the NBA but dont have that same feeling I used to about it. Ever since Ewing retired and LJ left and Houston and the rest of the gang it has been different. The players on those other three teams left too and the Knicks just havent developed that type of rivalry with any other teams since. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the Knicks demise and being terrible but even if they get back to being a top team it wont be the same as it was then. A Knicks Heat game was must see TV and so was a Knicks Pacers game. I miss those days.

Pablo's Brother
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Wife got us tix to watch Jordan and the Bulls play Tyrone Hill when when he was with the Bucks. Like the beer guys walking around with mini kegs of Sam for $7 buck a 20 ounce. Had to have four just to make sure everything worked. They are fast - and almost too good. Nodody missed. Jordan missed three all night and that included warm ups. But, that was Jordan. Not much passion. Still can't get over the music playing during the plays. Liked the zeppelin (not Led) flying around inside the stadium. No strippers though. Bottom line; enjoyable, made me appreciate the College game more, and I have no real desire to go again. However, I might be tempted to see New Orleans in Indy. Lastly, bring your ATM.

Kahns Krazy
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Wife got us tix to watch Jordan and the Bulls play Tyrone Hill when when he was with the Bucks. Like the beer guys walking around with mini kegs of Sam for $7 buck a 20 ounce. Had to have four just to make sure everything worked. They are fast - and almost too good. Nodody missed. Jordan missed three all night and that included warm ups. But, that was Jordan. Not much passion. Still can't get over the music playing during the plays. Liked the zeppelin (not Led) flying around inside the stadium. No strippers though. Bottom line; enjoyable, made me appreciate the College game more, and I have no real desire to go again. However, I might be tempted to see New Orleans in Indy. Lastly, bring your ATM.

I'd have to say this was about my experience. We had good seats, lower level about 30 rows behind the bucket. Game got close at the end, but people seemed far more interested to find out if they would win a free big mac (Bulls score 100 or more in a win) than if they would win the game.

Glad I was there, no rush to get back.