PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrr

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I hate ESPN

HomerCecil
03-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Don't have it in DC either (obviously we get Virginia). Jayda Evans of the Seattle Times is a fantastic writer, and she'll probably be blogging (she blogged the Pitt-Montana game, and she actually is more focused on Gonzaga, I'd think). She's also got some other entries about Xavier.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/storm/

HomerCecil
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM
In fact, now that I read, I think the Seattle Times has given Xavier more coverage this week than the Enquirer has the entire season. They have a feature on Ta'Shia that anchors their tournament coverage.

Am glad to see Dustin Dow is in Seattle, though. I assumed the Enquirer wouldn't be able to send anyone out to Seattle.

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 10:03 PM
ESPN 2 and ESPN-U are showing the same game!
The only way I can see the game since I have Time Warner, is to pay $129 for pay per view. ESPN360.com only allows certain ISP's access to their online broadcast.

CBS has outdone ESPN at sports coverage!

HomerCecil
03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Ta'Shia has a double-double with 5:00 left in the first half. Amazing.

Can't throw the ball into the ocean, though. Shooting 29 percent.

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 10:08 PM
In any case, it appears T-Phil came to play.
she's got 12, 25-24 Zags up with 3 minutes in the half.

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 10:18 PM
T is 6 of 10, rest of the team 6 of 25.
But only down by 3 at the half.

I'm interested in knowing how a full half goes by with only 9 fouls, total!
Let's Go X!! Let's Go X!! Let's Go X!!

cinskyline
03-21-2009, 10:29 PM
The defense is plenty good enough to win. The offense though is dragging us down once again.

Why do we miss 500 layups/easy shots every game?????

Ta'Shia showing why she's one of the best players in the country.

Taylor 0-3 in the 1st half with 3 TO's --- a senior has to step it up!

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Wheels are coming off, 38-28 16:35 to go

HomerCecil
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Wheels coming off... Down by 10. This is a familiar postseason theme.

Actually, the defense isn't that great. Gonzaga's shooting 43 percent — we hold people to 32 percent, normally.

Cheesehead
03-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Channel 214 on Directv in case folks can't find it.

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Wheels back on! 60-57 Zags with over 4 minues to go.
T-Phil a monster game! 26 points 18 boards.

XU-PA
03-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh Well, 66-57 Zags, minute and a half to go.

A fine season, but the post season bugaboo bit the musketeers once again.

HomerCecil
03-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Down nine with 96 seconds left. Pulled to within three, but couldn't get over the hump. Similar to last year's game.

Going to get to see the end. Woohoo, ugh.

Cheesehead
03-21-2009, 11:31 PM
well, that sucked. Hopefully the men take care of business!

DAllen15
03-22-2009, 12:29 AM
X shot 24-73 tonight, which is hard to do, resulting in yet another early NCAA exit for the Lady Muskies. McGuff doesn't seem to have the key to winning in the postseason. Another good season ends abruptly.

xubball93
03-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Dammit. I really thought this was going to be the year the women made a run. TaShai was a beast again, too bad she got very little help.

Still, their going to be loaded next year with a healthy Harris and some returning guards.

XU-PA
03-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Gotta agree "93" they will truly be a loaded team.

It's a selfish hope, but I hope that Amber will reconsider, take this year as a red shirt and come back for 2 more years. I keep thinking about 2 more years watching her and T playing together. Honestly it brings back memories of Tyrone and Derek a decade or so ago, and the tandem of Sam Bowie and Mel Turpin at UK.

I doubt that Amber reads our ramblings, But if you see this let me tell you that I look back on my years at XU as some of the most enjoyable. Don't get me wrong I love where I am now, but often I think back and wish I could go back. That's one of those weird thoughts that pop into my head as I buy a lottery ticket, what if I could go back to college????

My questions about the team come more at the guard spot for next season.
What happened to Tyesha? Was she hurt, or was her inexperience the reason for her not coming off the bench for more than just a token 5 minutes. I'm hoping that a point guard tandem of Tyesha and Special can get this team back to the promised land.
Also, will Der-ryka be able to develop into a competent backup in the post? Less than 3 minutes per game this year and less than a point per game is not enough for her size and ability.
Finally, when do we get back the Mo Hester that showed so much promise in her 1st 2 years?
Mo, stick with it, you've got the talent, you've got the drive, just put them back together!

whiteyxu
03-22-2009, 11:15 AM
What I want to know is why Gonzaga got practically a home game, when we were the much better seed. I'm not saying we couldn't have won anyway, just noticing something that seems a little unfair.

Gonzaga got to play in Portland for their men's team, which is fine with me b/c they are a 4. But why does their women's team - a 12 - get an even bigger home field advantage? Doesn't make sense to me.

Bigbluebrotha
03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, what an anticlimatic end to the season. I just a bit in shock from the whole deal, but when your best scorers don't score, you're not going to win. Team just caught the funk at the absolute worst time.

I really, just simply can't believe it. Did all the right things during the season. Gonzaga probably better than a 12 seed and our ladies had to get all the way to Washington, but really they need to overcome those situations if they want to be considered a true "national" program.

Congrats to Ta'shia for a big game. She did her level best to keep XU in it and competitive. I really feel for Jerri, what tough way to end a career. Thanks to Tudi as well and similar feelings as she wasn't herself in that game.

Still a lot to build upon, hopefully a bitter taste serves as motivation for next season. Outside shooting will now be the big question. Keep working ladies and better things will come your way.

Thanks for an exciting season, it was fun following your progress.

Now let's all get behind the men and get them to the Final Four!

XU-PA
03-22-2009, 01:55 PM
What I want to know is why Gonzaga got practically a home game, when we were the much better seed. I'm not saying we couldn't have won anyway, just noticing something that seems a little unfair.

Gonzaga got to play in Portland for their men's team, which is fine with me b/c they are a 4. But why does their women's team - a 12 - get an even bigger home field advantage? Doesn't make sense to me.

That's one of those idiotic quirks on the women's side.
It's too bad that it was so far that the ladies had so little support in the stands. the top teams get heavy consideration, and the middle of the pack teams regularly get pushed into corners, it's just the natgure of the way the women's game is now. As the game grows in popularity I think it will begin to mimic the treatment on the men's side. Another thing is the crappy tv coverage given the women's side by ESPN, it was a joke from top to bottom, especially the analysis in between games from the studio.

I really think that this program is just a couple of lucky breaks away from being a perenial top ten team, It will be fun watching them next year

Bigbluebrotha
03-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Tennessee (5) and Ball State (12) played in Bowling Green, Ky.

X-band '01
03-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Tennessee isn't playing anymore this season.

But getting back to Saturday's game, it was painful watching our backcourt play. You hate to see Tudy and Jerri shoot the way they did in their last game, but a lot of their shots late in the game came strictly out of panic. That was something that the schedule was designed to prepare this team for (and also prepare them to play in a remote location), but once the final exam came around, they froze like LL Cool J in a Swagger commercial.

Clearly the team lost its swagger at Temple and never got it back. Hopefully the team regroups over the summer and comes back strong for 2009-10. With the opening round games at Cintas next year, there is no excuse remaining to advance.

Bigbluebrotha
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
The point there was Tennessee didn't have to travel nearly as far as a 5.

AMEN on the other thought, the team also needs to figure out how to win important out-of-conference, go or go home road games. Granted it did so in the 08-09 conference tourney but the one before that was at Cintas.

xu_fan
03-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Just arrived back in Cincinnati from Seattle... Very disappointing apperance once again in the NCAA tourney... Really tough draw to play all the way out west against a Gonzaga team that is much better than a 12 seed... Then again it is what it is and McGuff scheduled tough games on the road this year in case that exact scenerio played out. I think the girls played tough but some times the shots just arent falling and Jerri and Tudy couldnt get the ball to go in the rim for anything... I hope they both know that we all loved watching them at Xavier and wish them all the luck in the world in the future....

On to next year I guess... Hopefully with Amber back and a couple new shooters coming in Xavier can be even better, which I think they will... I love basketball so much I hate when the season comes to an end... Very depressing lol...