PDA

View Full Version : Xavier a 5

X-band '01
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Plays Gonzaga in the 1st round; would play either Pitt or Montana should they advance to Round 2 in the OKC region.

xubball93
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I can't believe it's been 2001 since the Lady Muskies won an NCAA game. Got turn that around this year!

xu_fan
03-16-2009, 06:29 PM
where is the game at?

Bigbluebrotha
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow, like the match-up hate the travel - that's a big time difference and our ladies haven't really responded well to that, see the Arizona State meltdown.

Regardless, I think it's winnable and I think our ladies have a great shot against Pitt if the Panthers make it through.

Let's say I'm X-cited about the thought of our Muskies getting to the Sweet 16!

X-band '01
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
where is the game at?

Seattle, right on the opposite side of the state. If this were the men's draw, this board would be screaming bloody murder at that selection.

XU-PA
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I hate how the committee hands out those regional gimmes to high # seeds. In fact I hate the whole home court deal in the women's tourney, isn't that supposed to change someday?

Playing the Zags in pretty much their backyard, then if the ladies get a win they have to face Pitt, not an easy road to get to the Sooners and the Paris twins.
Anyway, can't overlook the zags, they've got size, and they can score.
Tough draw, but have faith, K-mac put together a tough pre-conf schedule to prep them for just this type of scenario.
But at least we're not in Temple's shoes, they drew Florida for the right to play UConn! And Charlotte's an 11, playing Purdue for the right to meet NC.

X-band '01
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I hate how the committee hands out those regional gimmes to high # seeds. In fact I hate the whole home court deal in the women's tourney, isn't that supposed to change someday?

Easy, XU-PA. Don't forget that Cintas is hosting early round games next year.

But if it makes you feel better, Marist had to settle for a 12 this year.

Flexo
03-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Game time is 10 p.m. Saturday. The Pitt-Montana game is before ours.

xu_fan
03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
The writers on ESPN are already picking Gonzaga as a Cinderella... Seems to me like a lot of people are thinking that Xavier will go down in the first round... I think we'll be in the sweet 16... Anyone going?

XU-PA
03-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Easy, XU-PA. Don't forget that Cintas is hosting early round games next year.

But if it makes you feel better, Marist had to settle for a 12 this year.

Thanks X-band, 12 is just about right for Marist.
xu-fan, wish I could say I was headed west, been to Seattle many many times and it is wonderful this time of year. What a road trip it could be if money was no object, Friday in Boise for the Men, saturday in Seattle for the women, back and forth across the west to see both make it to the sweet sixteen!!

xu_fan
03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Money is always an object though and it sux! I was going to go no matter where it was but that might be a little bit too much for me... I checked prices of hotels/rentals and stuff in Seattle and everything seems to be much more expensive than in the tri-state!