PDA

View Full Version : Ta'Shia Phillips is A-10 POY

xuflash
03-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Congratulations!!! With the great season she had, she deserves this recognition.

Tudy Reed and Jerri Taylor Third Team.

Bigbluebrotha
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Congrats to Ta Shia on the great work, well deserved. Can't believe Tudy and Jerri aren't first or second team selections. I'll take both over Lisch any day!

Guess it's time to prove the voters wrong once again this weekend!

xubball93
03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Freaking awesome and well-deserved. She does a wonderful job representing X off the court with young fans.

X-band '01
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Can't believe Tudy and Jerri aren't first or second team selections. I'll take both over Lisch any day!

Anyone got Stanley Burrell on the hotline?

MuskieCinci
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
What are the chances Amber Harris plays in the tournament or is she completely shut down?

xuab
03-04-2009, 08:10 PM
What are the chances Amber Harris plays in the tournament or is she completely shut down?

McGuff was on the Sean Miller show this week. Here's how I wrote up what he said:

BL: Tara was my daughter's favorite until Amber came along. How's she doing?
KM: She's doing well and hasn't played at all. I'm proud of our other players by how they've dealt with it. Collectively, we've had a great season. Her rehab has gone well and is practicing. SHe's close to being ready to play. She needs to be the Amber Harris I know before she's in the game. From a timing standpoint, she's not ready yet. She really wants to play, but no decision has been made yet. It's close, but we're not there yet. Needs to show KM what she can do in practice this week and a decision will be made.

spongebob
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Congrats to all for the honors. Well done. I really thought one of the two between Tudy and Jerri should have been on the all-defensive team along side TP. It is kind of strange that the A-10 regular season champs have a relatively small representation on the honor list but then again, they are probably happier with the A-10 champs title. Again, congrats and good luck this wkend.

American X
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Very cool.

Congratulations, Ta'Shia.

XU-PA
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Superb T-Phil!! What was that drivel coming out of St Louis a week or so ago??

Very deserving of the honor, makes me wonder how tough a decision would have been for that spot had Amber not been injured. Has there ever been a CO-POY in the A-10??

spongebob
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
BTW, this didn't even cross my mind previously, but wondering why no love shown for Coach McGuff as A-10 coach of the year?? 25-5(13-1), RPI under 20, undefeated vs. Big Ten and SEC, nationally ranked, etc all without arguably your best returning player. I know the St. Bonny coach got 20 wins for the first time in like a gazillion years if not ever, but indeed, they only improved 2 games from last year(18-12). Kinda odd the more I think about it.Sounds to me like voting along party lines, so to speak and surely, the Saint Louis Coach for one was a nay as evidenced by the way she classlessly spouted off last week. Sheesh.

X-band '01
03-06-2009, 05:50 AM
I know it's a tired response to work with, but St. Bona has far less resources to work with than Xavier does.

cinskyline
03-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Congrats to Ta'Shia-- a well deserved honor. :)

cinskyline
03-06-2009, 05:54 AM
BTW, this didn't even cross my mind previously, but wondering why no love shown for Coach McGuff as A-10 coach of the year?? 25-5(13-1), RPI under 20, undefeated vs. Big Ten and SEC, nationally ranked, etc all without arguably your best returning player. I know the St. Bonny coach got 20 wins for the first time in like a gazillion years if not ever, but indeed, they only improved 2 games from last year(18-12). Kinda odd the more I think about it.Sounds to me like voting along party lines, so to speak and surely, the Saint Louis Coach for one was a nay as evidenced by the way she classlessly spouted off last week. Sheesh.

I agree, spongebob. I am shocked that he did not win it. I've been sort of critical of KM in the past, but he deserves every bit of praise that comes his way this year. He has really done a fantastic job.