PDA

View Full Version : Match up is out!

Bigbluebrotha
03-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Well, it'll be Dayton or St. Louis in the first round. Both gave our ladies tough challenges. I kind hope it's St. Louis for the following motivational reason. These are excerpts from Shimy Gray Miller from the St. Louis Web story about the game a couple weeks ago:

Junior center Amanda Kemezys tied a career-high with 22 points, scoring 11 in each half and converting eight of her nine free throw attempts.

“She is a beast,” Gray-Miller said. “She’s a beast. And in my opinion, Amanda Kemezys is the best post player in the Atlantic 10 Conference because she does it on both ends. She doesn’t rely on her size or her strength. She relies on her skill and her hard work. Supposedly, (Xavier’s) Ta’Shia Phillips has been touted as the best post player in our conference and I think she’s a heck of a player, but I think Amanda outplayed her from beginning to end. Amanda Kemezys is the best post player in the Atlantic 10 Conference and I think she proves it night in and night out.”

and from the beast herself:

“I’m just really proud of the effort that our team just showed," Kemezys said. "We feel like we won that game and we were the better team. We are the better team, not just how we play, but the way we carry ourselves, the way that we play. The intensity and poise and the respect that we play with. I’ll take that team any day.”

and the big finish from the "best women's post in the A-10":

Consistency isn’t something our team is defined by, but I think when we play like this — we’ve had a couple other games like Wyoming and I can’t think of some others — but we’ve played hard and we’ve showed the type of team that we are capable of being," the junior center said. "We just said in the locker room that if we can play this way from here on out, then team’s better be scared. We’re just looking forward to meeting Xavier in that conference tournament.”

That ought to pump up the troops!

xu_fan
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Amen!!! and i hope we kick their tail!!!

X-band '01
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Please also look at the A-10 Standings thread that has the complete A-10 bracket as well.