PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger dead

Fred Garvin
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
The actor from Brokeback Mountain was found dead in his Manhattan apartment.

He's another one from the superb Monster's Ball.

PM Thor
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Isn't he the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie?

Holy Rewrite Batman!

Drew's Crew
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Holy crap, no way. I have seen previews for the New Batman, "The Dark Knight" and he is the joker.

Not only that, but I have heard rumors that he does an absolutely unbelievable job as joker. From the short clips on the preview, he looks sicknasty.

Svoboda
01-22-2008, 03:52 PM
SUCK!

I think they are done shooting... I hope. He looked so sinister in the trailer.

BBC 08
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Well damn, here is one actor I'm gonna miss now. And yes, he looks like a great Joke for the Dark Knight.

ATL Muskie
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Sam the Butcher from Brady Bunch

Suzanne Pleshette

and now Ledger.

They come in threes.

PM Thor
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok, ATL, now link the 3 Kevin Bacon style.

Drew's Crew
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Freaky. Can't wait for this movie. God bless him and his family.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/HeathJoker.png

Fred Garvin
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
They said he has a two year old with Michelle Williams. I was just watching her in "Dick" a couple of nights ago. Man, Will Ferrell is fall-down-funny as Bob Woodward in that flick.

American X
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
The Dark Knight trailer is phenomenal. It almost made up for paying to see I Am Legend.

Now I am curious if The Joker lives or dies. As Batman's nemesis, I suspect he lives for a finale in a third movie.

ATL Muskie
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Ok, ATL, now link the 3 Kevin Bacon style.

Suzanne Pleshette starred on the Bob Newhart show with Bob Newhart who was in "Catch 22" with Buck Henry who wrote the screenplay to "The Graduate" which starred Dustin Hoffman and Ann Bancroft who was in GI Jane with Demi Moore who was in "A Few Good Men" directed by Rob Reiner who was Meathead on "All in the Family" and "Archie Bunker's Place" which featured Allan Melvin. "A Few Good Men" also featured one Kevin Bacon.

I'm sure there's a quicker way to link them but I like making simple things difficult just to be a douche.

XUdomer23
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
wow, it says it was accidental, but having prescription drugs surrounding you is pretty mysterious. either way it sucks because he was one of the better actors in H'wood and looks like a kickass joker

PM Thor
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Not to speak badly of the dead, but he did star in A Knights Tale. One of the worst movies ever made in the last ten years.

XU05and07
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
wow, it says it was accidental, but having prescription drugs surrounding you is pretty mysterious. either way it sucks because he was one of the better actors in H'wood and looks like a kickass joker

Surrounding him might be a little harsh right now, it could be people being misquoted and he only had the bottle of sleeping pills next to him...the truth will come out

xeus
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Not to speak badly of the dead, but he did star in A Knights Tale. One of the worst movies ever made in the last ten years.

Yeah, and he also starred in that movie about gay cowboy love. But it sounds like he was going to make up for all that as an awesome Joker.

Muskie
01-22-2008, 06:26 PM

oH C'MON... it's a great little flick... it always makes me want to go joust... I'm going to watch it tonight in your honor!

ATL Muskie
01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
oH C'MON... it's a great little flick... it always makes me want to go joust... I'm going to watch it tonight in your honor!

Brokeback Mtn always makes LH want to joust.

Muskie
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Brokeback Mtn always makes LH want to joust.

Wow... i walked right into that one... I'm going to watch Knights Tale... not the other movie!!!

XU05and07
01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Suzanne Pleshette starred on the Bob Newhart show with Bob Newhart who was in "Catch 22" with Buck Henry who wrote the screenplay to "The Graduate" which starred Dustin Hoffman and Ann Bancroft who was in GI Jane with Demi Moore who was in "A Few Good Men" directed by Rob Reiner who was Meathead on "All in the Family" and "Archie Bunker's Place" which featured Allan Melvin. "A Few Good Men" also featured one Kevin Bacon.

I'm sure there's a quicker way to link them but I like making simple things difficult just to be a douche.

Where does Heath Ledger fit in?

XU05and07
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Allan Melvin appeared in episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" which starred Ron Howard

Ron Howard was the executive producer of "Sports Night" which starred Joshua Molina

Joshua Molina appeared on "West Wing" which starred Bradley Whitford

Bradley Whitford made an appearance on "ER" (who hasn't by now)

For 1 or 2 seasons, Donal Logue was also on "ER" and was in the movie "The Patriot"

"The Patriot" starred the late Heath Ledger

ATL Muskie
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Where does Heath Ledger fit in?

Whoops.

Ledger was in Monster's Ball with Peter Boyle, Boyle was in Taxi Driver with Robert DeNiro, DeNiro was in Meet the Fockers with Dustin Hoffman, and so on.

ATL Muskie
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Allan Melvin appeared in episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" which starred Ron Howard

Ron Howard was the executive producer of "Sports Night" which starred Joshua Molina

Joshua Molina appeared on "West Wing" which starred Bradley Whitford

Bradley Whitford made an appearance on "ER" (who hasn't by now)

For 1 or 2 seasons, Donal Logue was also on "ER" and was in the movie "The Patriot"

"The Patriot" starred the late Heath Ledger

Suzanne Pleshette?

Raoul Duke
01-23-2008, 07:51 AM
That's weird. When I saw the preview for the new batman movie, I thought Jimmy McNulty was playing the joker. Incidentally, McNulty can be linked to Kevin Bacon as follows: McNulty to David Wenham (300), Wenham to Viggo Mortensen (lord of the rings), Mortensen to Demi Moore (GI Jane), Moore to Bacon (Few Good men).

XU05and07
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Suzanne Pleshette?

You already had done suzanne pleshette to allan melvin...so i came up with the rest