PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Jeep Wrangler Owners

Michigan Muskie
01-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I've decided to transfer out of my lease of an Infiniti G35 although I really do love the car. I just hate leasing and would rather buy something a couple of years old (let someone else suffer the depreciation) and own it instead.

I've always wanted a Wrangler. Especially the Wrangler X in dark blue for obvious vain reasons.

I know they are gas guzzlers and the days of smooth riding are over. But a 4x4 would sure be nice during these Michigan winters and the kids would love the convertible feature in the summers (so would I!)

Any reviews from current or previous Wrangler owners? Hard top vs. Soft top? Both? Manual vs. Automatic? (I'm leaning toward manual.) X vs. Rubicon vs. Sport vs. Unlimited?

Thanks!

Fred Garvin
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Michigan Muskie,

Were you the fella that wrote that Redford writeup on MM? If so, I really enjoyed that. And not just the hoops, thought it was a cool father/son slice of life.

Stonebreaker
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Living in Michigan.......just make sure it comes with a gun rack.

Michigan Muskie
01-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Michigan Muskie,

Were you the fella that wrote that Redford writeup on MM? If so, I really enjoyed that. And not just the hoops, thought it was a cool father/son slice of life.

Fred, yes that was my review on Redford - thank you. Without getting too sappy, the game was secondary to the company I kept.

Fred Garvin
01-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Living in Michigan.......just make sure it comes with a gun rack.

I've heard that Howard Dean wants the Democratic Party to become the party of pickup trucks and gun racks.

Stonebreaker
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
He is crazy enough to suggest it.

PM Thor
01-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Hey Mich, I can give you pretty much any info you want about Jeeps. I am a pretty involved Jeeper.

But first, there are some questions that you must answer. New or used? Going off road at all, or a mall crawler? Live or work in areas with crime? How many passengers would be riding? Do you want 4 door or 2? If you got a soft top, how often would you feel comfortable taking down the top and putting it back up? Garaged or open parking?