PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Fancy Moses...What the hell is going on in Warren County?

Nigel Tufnel
02-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Man, I live in Warren County but don't work here....I'm completely and totally out of the loop in Warren County and am completely apolitical...and that's how I like it. But this is pretty crazy stuff. An elected official calling another elected official "girly" and a "puss." :eek: He did it on the record and has refused to apologize. Wow. Personally, if that is his opinion, fine...but airing it publicly with the name calling....just wow.

I do think the Judge was out of line....if you haven't seen the video, he was going way too far with the begging and pleading....he also was lucky he didn't get charged with intimidating and threatening an officer when he said the officer's career would be ruined if he arrested him. Kudos to the officer for remaining calm.

For anyone who followed this story, I will say this...a lot of people thought the Judge got a better deal than most because he was a Judge and were angered that his license wasn't suspended....that is simply not the case....he got the exact same sentence anyone would have gotten under the circumstances in Clinton County.

The ironic part of this whole thing is that this particular Judge, when he was on the municipal bench in Warren County, had a reputation for being very harsh on people convicted of OVI. While he didn't get special treatment in Clinton County, he would have received a much harsher penalty had the same fact pattern and case been in front of him.

Here is a link to the story:

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20090211/NEWS0108/302110063/1001/NEWS

Frambo
02-14-2009, 09:49 AM
The commissioner, Kilburn, has always been a loose cannon. I'm surprised he keeps getting re-elected.

Nigel Tufnel
02-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I didn't know that....like I said, completely out of the loop in Warren County. But the public name calling from an elected official makes Warren County look very hillbillyish. Hell, even in little backwoods Clinton County, the county officials have enough sense not to call people names on the record.

The Judge's actions were a result of him being drunk....what is the commissioner's excuse for acting like that? self righteousness?