PDA

View Full Version : Rpi

XU-PA
02-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Will be interesting to watch, along with our poll numbers.
Nice to see their top 20 recognition.

But we are on the cusp of having a "bad loss" when it comes to RPI.
The UC game has not hurt us in the numbers game as yet, but they are starting their late season "tank" having lost 6 in a row over the last 3 weeks, and their road gets no easier. as their last 6 reg season games are rpi 65 or better.
Real time has UC as a 95 rpi before last nights loss to the Hoyas.

spongebob
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Palm has UC projected out to get one more win, and finish at 93 RPI. Hopefully, they will hold serve on that and render that issue moot.

HomerCecil
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I think the bigger problem for the RPI will be playing Fordham (RPI 286).

spongebob
02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
True, but I think PA was probably looking more towards resume building for a tourney seed. It never looks good having one of those ? or ?? marks next to your name.

HomerCecil
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah, good point.

UC could very conceivably lose every game they have left. Still not sure how we lost that one. Sigh.

Bigbluebrotha
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
UC loss is definitely a stain, but the Ws over the SEC teams are helping out, in particular Georgia beating Auburn. Keep an eye on Mississippi State and Auburn Sunday. I don't think UC's loss is going to hurt the RPI as much as La Salle and Fordham.

XU-PA
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Realtime rpi today has UC as a 102 and a big ? next to that loss for us.
Not saying that is a mark that really knocks us off the top tier, it's not like a rhode island loss, but it makes the rest all that much more important, especially dayton on sunday and the game at temple on the 25th.

An interesting addition to realtimerpi, you can click on scouting report next to each opponent and see how the stats stack up.