PDA

View Full Version : Dayton- Planning to Storm

IVANHOE
02-10-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8454

This is really funny, all they do is argue back and forth about whether they should storm the court and make us really mad! that would be a pathetic display of basketball knoweldge if they stormed, but i wouldnt put it past them.

Plus, on top of them talking about storming the court, they have to win first. Extremely dillusional.

I didnt get past the first page, but it is very humorours, especially the guy who rips on the old alumni.

Lamont Sanford
02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Hilarious! Are they also planning when they'll break out the "OVERRATED" chant as well?

Fruits.

IVANHOE
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
it just goes to show that if they are planning to storm, that they are admitting that they are an inferior team to X - LOVE IT. Dayton is thinking like a mid major.

I didnt like that Missouri stormed the court last night. act like you have been there. storming the court makes it look like you were surprised you won.

ATL Muskie
02-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I like how they think it would make us mad. The only way it would make us mad is if BG was stomped to death in the crush of mouth-breathers storming the court. That would be disastrous for us b/c BG is the best thing to happen to Xavier.

GoMuskies
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
They would look really stupid storming the court after Xavier wins.

XU05and07
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
The guy that started the thread isn't that knowledgeable...

We have not been in the tournament since what 2003? We have not beaten X in what 3 years?

You made it in 2004 dumbass...I hate ud and I can tell you when you last made the tournament...go ahead and storm the court...it's going to be in a losing effort

The Artist
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
it just goes to show that if they are planning to storm, that they are admitting that they are an inferior team to X - LOVE IT. Dayton is thinking like a mid major.

I didnt like that Missouri stormed the court last night. act like you have been there. storming the court makes it look like you were surprised you won.

Generally I would agree, but I didn't really mind it. There are some times in big games when the team hits a game winner and the emotion just bleeds over into a storm.

I think Duke actually stormed one time when they beat an unranked Va Tech team, but it was because they hit a half courter to win it.

And given the point in time that I turned off the game last night, I was very surprised that Mizzo won.

IVANHOE
02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
When the court is covered with fans, it makes it onto ESPN, and that is what we are all crying about all the time.

This is how desperate Dayton is to make it on ESPN.

Its really pathetic, its like i turn on top 10 plays and i see derrick brown, and i am just not surprised anymore.

An X Fan
02-10-2009, 11:08 AM
When your team is 5-17 against Xavier since the calendar turned over to 2000, these are the sorts of discussions that you get.

Xavier is 9-0 at home (obviously, since that streak goes back nearly 3 decades), 4-5 at the Dump, and 4-0 in the A-10 tourney (1 Philly, 1 Dump, 2 Atlantic City).

Their season-making Super Bowl is only 1 day away. The start of our third consecutive 3-0 season against UD also begins in 1 day.

Emp
02-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm with The Artiste on the MO-KS game, and in general like the emotion spilling over onto the court when it is worthy.

Considering how we have owned Dayton, home and away, the relief of beating us would.....note I am using the contrary to fact conditional .... be a great expurgation of the collective Flyer nation frustration. Imagine how much (more) we would hate Dayton if they were beating us as regularly in the Cintas. We would be foaming. This is OUR HOUSE etc.

No one is talking about the Stan Factor. Stan was conspicuously pounding his chest on the Dayton scorer's table (or was it press row?) last season. That's rubbing it in if I am a Dayton fan. They will forever hate Stan the way they will forever hate Chris Mack. It's like Serbs and Muslims. Once Flyers get a madon, it never goes away. Hell hath no fury like a Flyer scorned. So that is stirring the pot as well.

As for MO, can you imagine always being second or third fiddle to the Jayhawks? Coming back from 16 points in the first half, that is exactly what you want from your team. A great victory deserves a court rush, would never deny them.

With all due respect, no one 19 years old (or 38, for that matter) and in the fever pitch of a game is thinking about looking good or "admissions" of being less of a program. We rush the court at the A10 tourney in Dayton, was that an admission that we were less of a program? Nah, just unrestrained joy.

LyonsIsFlyin
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Not suprised at all, Dayton sucks!

On a side note, I've been trying to remember if we've ever stormed the court at the 'Tas, I have horrible memory so I'm wondering if we ever have?

chico
02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
They can storm the court if they want. They should probably recall, though, that Duquesne also stormed the court so I guess they are implying that the two programs are on the same level.

The Artist
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM

On a side note, I've been trying to remember if we've ever stormed the court at the 'Tas, I have horrible memory so I'm wondering if we ever have?

The security guards make sure the students don't storm, which they can do as there are really only two ways to get out of the section. They did allow a controlled storm on senior day last year for the net cutting ceremony.

I think I'm going to storm my fridge for more beer when we win. You can tell me to act like I've been there before, but I'm going to do it anyway.

BBC 08
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Not to my knowledge. I know it was attempted a couple of times in the 2004-2005 season (oddly enough one time it was after the Will Caudle destruction of dayton) but each time it was stopped by Chief Couch and his gang of merry men.

Raoul Duke
02-10-2009, 11:43 AM
No one is talking about the Stan Factor. Stan was conspicuously pounding his chest on the Dayton scorer's table (or was it press row?) last season. That's rubbing it in if I am a Dayton fan.

I believe that was at the Cintas.

Ledgewood
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
dayton will not storm

victory will not be theirs

West still haunts their dreams

gladdenguy
02-10-2009, 11:55 AM
The security guards make sure the students don't storm, which they can do as there are really only two ways to get out of the section. They did allow a controlled storm on senior day last year for the net cutting ceremony.

I think I'm going to storm my fridge for more beer when we win. You can tell me to act like I've been there before, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I do hope against Dayton they will cut the nets down at Cintas for the A-10 regular season conference title as well as senior night. I've enjoyed that in the past.

Of course its not as much storming the court, just letting the students celebrate with the team. I love that.

IVANHOE
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM
These Xavier players have no idea the enviroment they will be walking into. Xavier is walking into a buzz saw, there is no tougher place to play than UD when it's a big game.

I just threw up in mouth a little bit after reading this little doozy on udpride. i can name alot of stadiums that are tougher than UD on a big game.

kyxu
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote:These Xavier players have no idea the enviroment they will be walking into. Xavier is walking into a buzz saw, there is no tougher place to play than UD when it's a big game.

================================================== =====

No idea? Wasn't last year a big game that UD needed to win for at-large consideration? We won that game, if I recall. And didn't we win there the year before?

Reading stuff like that just makes me excited for when we win tomorrow night. Xavier's not Fordham, and they're not St. Bonaventure. Dayton's not going to beat us shooting 36% from the field.

UD Arena...whatever. Xavier hasn't lost at home in the conference in like three years.

xubrew
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
i for one don't see what's so bush league about storming the court. if anything i think it's bush league to try and impress people by not storming the court.

i never agreed with the whole "act like you've been there before" argument either. it's as if once you've exerienced some success then you're never allowed to get excited about anything ever again.

besides, redford, frease and holloway HAVEN'T been there before. if you're really passionate about a team and a university, then you don't want it any less for redford, frease and holloway than you wanted it for sato, chalmers and miles. also, for the students, most of them haven't gotten to experience it either, at least not as a student. when i was in school the farthest xavier ever went was the second round (2002). if i were there last year i would have loved to party it up. i wouldn't have felt any responsibility to "act like i'd been there before" simply becuase the team went to the elite eight in 2004. what's the fun in that?? who exactly are you trying to impress when you "act like you've been there before??" we're fans. if we're so self conscious that we're worried about the impression it makes when fans get excited and storm the court after a big win, then we're wasting too much energy worrying about something that doesn't really matter.

if duke, maryland, north carolina, kansas, oklahoma, oklahoma state, oregon, syracuse, georgetown, wake forest and texas can storm the court, then why is it too good for ud or xavier to do it?? it's fun. it's spontaneous. those are some of the best programs in teh country who have made deep tournmanet runs within recent years, yet they still storm the court on occassion.

it was fun rushing when we beat uc in 2000. it was fun rushing when we won the atlantic ten tournament in 2006 even though the league wasn't all that good. i don't think we're bush league for having done so, nor will i think it bush league if it ever happens again.

PM Thor
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't it be great that when X wins tomorrow that our fans in attendance storm their court? That would go over well.

I HATE dayton.

ATL Muskie
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Storming the court, UD style.

http://www.stlcop.edu/about/images/Watermelon.jpg

Nigel Tufnel
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
This is the funniest thing I read on their board....pure comic relief....written by some dude named Swampy Meadows.....wow does this guy have a hard-on for X. Nothing like pulling out some game results from over 30 years ago......that game from 1971 will go a long way in determining tomorrow night's game. This guy needs some counseling.

It Is On!
BEVERLY HILLS (MI) -- The Charlotte game is in the books. Unfortunately, the proverbial “trap” tilt jumped up and bit the boys squarely on the butt. In spite of that painful fact, UD fans and the Dayton Flyers basketball team as a squad can now finally turn our collective focus to much more important matters:

It’s Time to Kick Some Xavier Butt!

Wednesday night at 7:00PM EST on ESPN Classic (make-good replay at 11:00PM EST on ESPN 2, since this showdown got shafted –- err -- shifted from the Deuce) the Flyers will face off against their arch-nemesissies from the south, the soon-to-be-no-longer-ranked-#9 Xavier Mouseketeers. Let’s face facts: the prelude to this game was not what either program wanted, but this should still be very interesting.

But first, a little history lesson for those of you with French accents.

Back in the day when I attended UD (and later when I worked in the Gem City) the Xavier game was greeted with all of the enthusiasm of a Monday morning Chemistry pop quiz. The ‘rivalry’ had less than zero relevance, if that is even possible. I can recall sitting in UD Arena, watching UD pummel the X men and thinking to myself “man, this isn’t even fun…these guys are awful.” Maybe it was this game in 1971:

Dayton 90

Eggsavior 62

Or maybe this one from 1978:

UD 70

Frogs 50

Those smarmy Xavier posters over on the Atlantic 10 Message Board are, of course, totally unaware of these facts or simply choose to ignore them. In their feeble little minds, Xavier has always dominated Dayton…haven’t they? They’re too busy over there high jacking UD game threads so they can tell us how bad we suck and how great X is to bother to look it up.

The thing about history, as George “Carlos” Santayana so eloquently put it, is that:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Can everything old actually be new again? Heck yeah and now is as good a time as any to start, wouldn’t you say?

What better way to deliver a message to the rest of the college basketball universe than to send the Musties skulking back down I-75 with a 2 game losing streak and their brightly feathered, 3 cornered hats stuffed down their puffy pants?

How better to wake up “St. Joe” Lunardi than to cut out X’s heart and stomp on it –- on his employer’s network?

Won’t the ghost of Stanley Burrell roll over in his mustard and relish resting place at such a turn of events?

Don’t you imagine that Dedrick Finn will let the (stolen) dogs out should this happen?

You can have your Chris Wright/Derrick Brown, Dante Jackson/Marcus Johnson or Kenny Frease/Kurt Hueslman matchups as far as I’m concerned. As a Michigan guy, the one duel that I want to see is Opie Redford vs. Paul Williams. You don’t think the UD freshman is looking forward to this? Is there a chance that BG and his staff have whispered “Mr. Basketball” in PW’s ear once or twice this week? Will it decide the outcome of the game? Probably not, but that doesn’t mean I still don’t want to see it happen!

Over on the FlyerHoops.net message board, poster “YOU ARE THE BEST” asked for “honest opinions” in regards to this question:

“Who thinks we beat X at home and who thinks we win both games?”

A lot of respondents danced around and predicted that UD will hopefully prevail at home and probably lose down south, while others of the more crepe hanging variety envisioned the end of the basketball world as we know it, with the Flyers bowing twice to the supposedly almighty Jesuits.

Not me.

I firmly believe that this is the year that Dayton has the athleticism, the depth, the defense and, most importantly, the attitude to take two from the Frenchmen. A healthy Chris Wright doesn’t hurt, either.

And if you ask me, those spiffy-looking alternate black jerseys that the Flyers will be sporting are just waiting to don the mantle of invincibility.

This game has all the makings of an instant classic and I expect UD Arena to be louder than it was last year for the Pitt blowout; noisier than back in my day when we disassembled #2 Notre Dame 97-82 in 1974; in short, I anticipate that the sound level in the “Dayton Decibel Dungeon” for this contest will be the yardstick against which all other UD games will be measured in the future.

In other words, ESPN has got it totally bass-ackwards:

In reality, this game should be airing on ESPN 2 at 7:00PM and then re-run on ESPN Classic at 11:00PM.

Flyers 65

Mouskies 48

GoMuskies
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Swampy is still so pissed that Redford won Mr. Basketball. It was about this time last year that he wrote an article discussing how ridiculous a notion it was that Redford would even be considered for Mr. Basketball. In other words, Swampy has a long history of being not only wrong, but way, way (think AdamtheFlyer) off the mark.

kyxu
02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Swampy Meadows is a pathetic human being. I remember when he got in a verbal brawl with someone on their board and challenged them to a game of one-on-one where he would "kick their butt". Guy's like 70.

And I'm not sure how his "those who don't remember history are condemned to repeat it" aphorism follows. How does that apply here? So if the Xavier players who are 18-21 don't remember games from 40 years ago that have no bearing on today, they're going to lose? Considering Xavier's recent success, one could argue otherwise. Ugh...it's not worth my brainpower.

Simply put, UD fans like Swampy Meadows live in the by-gone days. It's over, people.

STL_XUfan
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
The Mizzou storming last night was a little bit different. They didn't do it at the buzzer, instead the team ran over to the student section pulled the crowd onto the court.

PM Thor
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Saddest thing about Swamp is that they let him write "articles" and that people actually listen to his tripe, as if he has some great insight or whatever.

The dude doesn't understand that dayton hasn't done crap in a long, long time.

I HATE dayton.

bobbyboucher
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I would love to see our beloved "Q" lay the smack down on this loser but it would be an insult to "Q" to even allow some sort of debate with him

sylvester
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Not to my knowledge. I know it was attempted a couple of times in the 2004-2005 season (oddly enough one time it was after the Will Caudle destruction of dayton) but each time it was stopped by Chief Couch and his gang of merry men.

Chief Slouch can suck on my watermelons. I do vaguely remember such attempts. Did we storm the court at US Bank arena in 05-06? I recall running around that court with a good amount of students even though the games were not too packed.

danaandvictory
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
A list of teams that have breached Fort Watermelon since the '03-'04 season:

UMass (twice)
Duquesne (twice)
DePaul
Vanderbilt
Charlotte
Temple
Rhode Island (twice)
Eastern Kentucky
Cincinnati
George Washington
Saint Louis

Oh, and Xavier like five times.

Clearly, UD has the single most dominant home court advantage in the history of sports and no team has ever been prepared for the sheer cauldron of noise that is UD Arena.

BBC 08
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Chief Slouch can suck on my watermelons. I do vaguely remember such attempts. Did we storm the court at US Bank arena in 05-06? I recall running around that court with a good amount of students even though the games were not too packed.

Yeah, we definately stormed the court after we won at US Bank. Actually we stormed twice. The first time happened right after Cage's block, we thought time expired and so we stormed. In reality there was 1 second left on the clock, so as soon as that 1 second ticked off, we stormed the court. Easily one of the best memories I have of Xavier basketball.

Nigel Tufnel
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I have never been bothered by AdamtheFlyer guy....but after perusing their board for a few minutes for the upcoming game, I found this quote to be very interesting....

Xavier - I respect everything they've done on the floor. I respect Skip Prosser and everthing he stood for. The rest? I have no respect for them. Behind closed doors, no other athletic department I ever dealt with (over 100) does. Shady, two faced people. I'm so glad I'll never have to deal with those people in a business enviornment ever again. I would never name names in an anonymous way like this, but much of the X powers that be are not people I respect...when it comes to their job. This is why I mega-loathe them.

OK, I've spent about 10 minutes over there and I am done....I can feel that my IQ has dropped about 20 points since reading some of this stuff. Its hard to believe that X's athletic department is able to schedule anything with anyone...seeing as they are a bunch of shady, two faced people....

DC Muskie
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm not a fan of pulling stuff off of other boards and posting it here...but man, who is this guy?

Maybe it was this game in 1971:

Dayton 90

Eggsavior 62

UD 70

Frogs 50

Did this dude just pullout 1971 and 1978? This is his idea of smack? He called us Frogs by the way.

Seriously, you beat us by 28 thirty freaking years ago???? Oh man, you put me in my place! You showed me Sean Finn!

Those smarmy Xavier posters over on the Atlantic 10 Message Board are, of course, totally unaware of these facts or simply choose to ignore them. In their feeble little minds, Xavier has always dominated Dayton…haven’t they? They’re too busy over there high jacking UD game threads so they can tell us how bad we suck and how great X is to bother to look it up.

This is great. Look it up Xavier fans, we OWNED you in 1971! Yeah, you guys are always forgetting the beatdowns we gave you thrity years ago.

I'm a Browns fan. I'm pretty sure I don't walk up to my misguided Steeler friends and tell them how we used to kill them in the 50's. I also don't tell them to "Look it Up" in a Brian Urlacker before "Swagger" type moment. Beware the sword of Swampy Meadows! What kind of name is that anyway? Now I'm not clever with names, of course I have a feeble little mind, so I made it easy. Place (DC) then Muskie. Anywho.

This is a classic Dayton line.

Don't forget history, or you will be doomed to repeat it!

I have no idea how that is relevant to sports in general, or this series in particular. So I can't remember the game from 1978, so does that mean current Xavier teams are doomed to getting plastered by the Jacksonville Jet? Did you think Sean is replaying that 1971 beatdown at the hands of the Flyers to this team with the instructions, Hopefully our fans are not forgetting about this, because we are SCREWED if they are!

You know, non of this compares to the gem at the end...

Flyers 65

Mouskies 48

First off, that's three different insults about our school. That's brilliant. He went from "Eggsavior" to "Frogs" to "Mouskies." I don't even know what a "Mouskie" is, but apparently it is something that is incapable of scoring more points then the teams of 1971 & 78.

In case anyone missed what has happened since then.

The shot clock.

The three point shot.

ESPN

Kate Hudson

These are some great things since that major blowout by Dayton. Thank goodness this guy has set us straight in reminding us that yes in fact, there was a time when Dayton would beat us, and beat us badly. But then Kate Hudson was born, and life for pretty much everybody has been different ever since.

By the way, I just like to mention Kate Hudson. It doesn't make sense here. But neither does this.

A guy named Swampy Meadows

Pretty much that entire thread by a guy named Swampy Meadows.

GoMuskies
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
By the way, I just like to mention Kate Hudson. It doesn't make sense here.

The Chewbacca Defense. Well played.

Pete Delkus
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
These Xavier players have no idea the enviroment they will be walking into. Xavier is walking into a buzz saw, there is no tougher place to play than UD when it's a big game.

I just threw up in mouth a little bit after reading this little doozy on udpride. i can name alot of stadiums that are tougher than UD on a big game.

Dude has a point since Dayton has been irrelevant for so long. Why should a Xavier player have any idea about this game?

Over the last 10 years or so, UD basketball has received some residual good-will from the national media because of proximity to Xavier and because they share the same league.

Other than this, and a good record this year over a relative cupcake schedule and a Chris Wright dunk on Youtube, Dayton has been…ummm Richmondesque!

MFurey
02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I sent Swampy and email thanking him for setting me straight on what happened well over 30 years ago. He must still wear his varsity letter jacket around re living the glory days. He must not have known that London Warren starts for them when he predicted the score.

Dayton hasnt done anything relevant in college basketball in a very long time in a "what have you done for me lately" sports society.

bobbiemcgee
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I will "storm" @ Ford Field.

Frank D.
02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
A list of teams that have breached Fort Watermelon since the '03-'04 season:

UMass (twice)
Duquesne (twice)
DePaul
Vanderbilt
Charlotte
Temple
Rhode Island (twice)
Eastern Kentucky
Cincinnati
George Washington
Saint Louis

Oh, and Xavier like five times.

Clearly, UD has the single most dominant home court advantage in the history of sports and no team has ever been prepared for the sheer cauldron of noise that is UD Arena.

How can Xavier expect to win at UD Arena? I mean Eastern Kentucky barely pulled it off.

Xpectations
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Back in the day when I attended UD (and later when I worked in the Gem City) the Xavier game was greeted with all of the enthusiasm of a Monday morning Chemistry pop quiz. The ‘rivalry’ had less than zero relevance, if that is even possible. I can recall sitting in UD Arena, watching UD pummel the X men and thinking to myself “man, this isn’t even fun…these guys are awful.” Maybe it was this game in 1971:

Dayton 90

Eggsavior 62

UD 70

Frogs 50

The thing about history, as George “Carlos” Santayana so eloquently put it, is that:

Based on Swampman's historical perspective, I'd say the past has been repeated.

Even today, I sometimes sit in my seat at the Cintas Center and think to myself, “Man, this isn’t even fun…these guys are awful.”

PMI
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I think it would be funny if Xavier fans stormed the court after we beat Fordham at the Tas. You can argue when it is and isn't acceptable to storm the court all night long, but I'll bet no fans have ever done it against a non-rival at home when they were double digit favorites in the middle of the conference season.

XU05and07
02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I think it would be funny if Xavier fans stormed the court after we beat Fordham at the Tas. You can argue when it is and isn't acceptable to storm the court all night long, but I'll bet no fans have ever done it against a non-rival at home when they were double digit favorites in the middle of the conference season.

Should try it in against one of our buy games...

coasterville95
02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually ATL, that was taken at the Dayton Red Scare pre-game party on the campus green.

An embedded photographer shot this video at the last Alumni pregame party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG76egCZXfo)

And speaking of the Red Scare - remember these Red Scare videos (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=dayton+red+scare+xavier), I'm almost embarssed FOR them for actually posting these of themselves. Particularly this one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbNpwLO8bw)

powerofX
02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Actually ATL, that was taken at the Dayton Red Scare pre-game party on the campus green.

An embedded photographer shot this video at the last Alumni pregame party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG76egCZXfo)

And speaking of the Red Scare - remember these Red Scare videos (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=dayton+red+scare+xavier), I'm almost embarssed FOR them for actually posting these of themselves. Particularly this one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbNpwLO8bw)

"elite eight this year"....bwahahahahaha

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Storming the court, UD style.

http://www.stlcop.edu/about/images/Watermelon.jpg

Haha where di u find that photo? I think that might be at the St Louis College of Pharmacy. I believe I saw them do that one day last spring and I think one of the girls in the background has a st louis sweatshirt on.

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I sent Swampy and email thanking him for setting me straight on what happened well over 30 years ago. He must still wear his varsity letter jacket around re living the glory days. He must not have known that London Warren starts for them when he predicted the score.

Dayton hasnt done anything relevant in college basketball in a very long time in a "what have you done for me lately" sports society.

Hey, he's from Dayton not Elder. ;)

PMI
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Should try it in against one of our buy games...

Agreed. We should do it next year against some random team. Either we give them a good laugh which counts as good sportsmanship or we make them think they're better than they are giving them the confidence to go on to a good season and help our SOS. Win-win.

xubrew
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM

OH......MY.......GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:eek::eek:

i'm so stunned that i'm using capitol letters and emoticons...

vee4xu
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Hilarious! Are they also planning when they'll break out the "OVERRATED" chant as well?

Fruits.

As I posted on another thread, I can never figure out why other teams' fans chant overrated when they beat a highly ranked team. It seems to me that doing so diminishes the win. What you are saying in essence is that the team you just beat really isn't that good, and so neither are we. Instead, the chant should be UNDERRATED to make the point that they beat a very good team. Since X fans don't participate in such juvenile activity, it doesn't impact us, but if you're ud or Dookane and beat a highly ranked team, I guess that's what you say.

gladdenguy
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey, he's from Dayton not Elder. ;)

Don't go there.

vee4xu
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I have never been bothered by AdamtheFlyer guy....but after perusing their board for a few minutes for the upcoming game, I found this quote to be very interesting....

Xavier - I respect everything they've done on the floor. I respect Skip Prosser and everthing he stood for. The rest? I have no respect for them. Behind closed doors, no other athletic department I ever dealt with (over 100) does. Shady, two faced people. I'm so glad I'll never have to deal with those people in a business enviornment ever again. I would never name names in an anonymous way like this, but much of the X powers that be are not people I respect...when it comes to their job. This is why I mega-loathe them.

OK, I've spent about 10 minutes over there and I am done....I can feel that my IQ has dropped about 20 points since reading some of this stuff. Its hard to believe that X's athletic department is able to schedule anything with anyone...seeing as they are a bunch of shady, two faced people....

I tired to tell everyone here that adam is a prick.

kyxu
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM

You're not the only one.

XU05and07
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Agreed. We should do it next year against some random team. Either we give them a good laugh which counts as good sportsmanship or we make them think they're better than they are giving them the confidence to go on to a good season and help our SOS. Win-win.

Win-Win-Win

Espe
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Wow. I think I watched that 2nd video 10 times in a row a laughed harder each time.

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Don't go there.

:D

(just putting in more characters)

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't go there.

Cant believe I dont have any rep points for that one yet. Man tough crowd.

Edit: Thanks Coasterville :) and StrangeBrew

Knew some people would come around there.

XURunner85
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
OMG did the President of the Red Scare, Davey Asshole, say they will make the NCAA this year and go to the Elite 8.....I am surprised he didn't claim they were going to win it all this year.....Oh I think we need a way to have that play over and over on the front page, with "Need a good laugh??" over the video.....Way to go Mr President Red Asshole....

Strange Brew
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
The second scare video:

Watched with the sound off and I swear I thought it was either a special olympics' press conference or a support group for virgins anonymous.

nuts4xu
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
What a bunch of homos.

X Communicator
02-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Your Pontiff-in-Chief has been busy working customer service over at the indulgence department, so he hasn't had much time to spend with his flock.

He does urge the faithful to check out the delightful dance of of a UD Co-ed at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6uB1j0nfk

Tossing out a big plenary I to the prior poster on this one. See you all at 6:30 mass, no exceptions, that's an edict.

Bmuskie
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Just a quick note for any Xavier fans going to ud arena for the game vs dayton, be careful! We have all heard the horror stories and some of us have experienced it. What their fans do to the other team's fans is unpleasant (at times criminal ie. assault, etc.) and an embarrassment to the A-10 as well as the christian faith. So go have fun, root X to victory but be careful. We need you guys to come back strong and ready for more X games here at Cintas.

goxavier84
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
One rep point will be awarded to the person who answers the following UD Arena trivia question correctly:

When was the last time the UD Arena Court was stormed and who exactly stormed to court?

Xpectations
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
One rep point will be awarded to the person who answers the following UD Arena trivia question correctly:

When was the last time the UD Arena Court was stormed and who exactly stormed to court?

Was it the A-10 Tournament in '04, stormed by XU fans?

goxavier84
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Was it the A-10 Tournament in '04, stormed by XU fans?

That is absolutely correct. Another great moment in UD Arena history. Rep point granted.

Xpectations
02-11-2009, 04:44 PM
That is absolutely correct. Another great moment in UD Arena history. Rep point granted.

With only 13 posts and low repping power, you're hurting my rep RPI and SOS.:)

coasterville95
02-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Security camera footage of the UD Locker Room:

Click here for video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpvjf_JNREY)

AdamtheFlyer
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM

This from the guy who jumped on a high horse about me name-calling. Must have a lot of black kettles in that glass house.

I'm the prick because I have actual experience with the administration, and had every intention of keeping those feelings away from this board out of respect for those in charge who I have nothing against, but attacking players and players families off the court are perfectly ok, and even to be celebrated. Is that the gist?

thefortyniner
02-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Halton Arena comes to my mind.

Back to reading the rest of the thread, my views on storming to come later...

GoMuskies
02-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm the prick

Pretty much.

surfxu
02-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Security camera footage of the UD Locker Room:

Click here for video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpvjf_JNREY)

That one is great. Thanks.

thefortyniner
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM

duck... duck... duck... duck... duck...
GOOSE!

Now, as promised... my views on court rushing.

I don't think it inferiorates any program. At my high school, rushing the field was a tradition after every home football win. Didn't matter who it was, we would rush out and greet the team at the fifty yard line. Had our basketball gym's seating not been 8 feet above the court, we would have done the same for basketball (we did rush after beating then #3 in-state West Rowan... And my dumb ass jumped over the railing rather than running down the stairs. Bad idea.)

Rushing the court or field is something that is unique to college sports. Sure, it happens at high schools, but at most schools the crowds are insignificant. I don't see it as admitting inferiority to another program. Rushing the court is like boiling water... during big games, especially if they're close, the tension builds... and builds... and builds. If that tension and excitement builds to the point that the student section can't hold it, it spills onto the court. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.

We have an alum on our board who constantly starts a thread which says "If we win, DO NOT rush court" before big games, as if it's something that is planned. He did the same thing when we hosted Clemson this year. He didn't have to remind us that we're a "superior program" to Clemson... we knew that. Statistically, we've been to the tournament more, been there more often, and we embarrassed the hell out of them at their house last year. But when the game came around, and Halton was as raucous as I've ever seen it... it started to build. We forced a turnover down by 1 with 1.6 seconds left... Harris got a shot off for the win... and missed. We didn't care who was a better program, in that instance I don't think it would have mattered if it were Clemson or Duke or NJIT... had that shot gone in, we would have rushed. It's not about being surprised that you beat a team... it's about being caught up in the moment of an extremely dramatic victory.

Now, if they're 'planning' to rush the court, well... that is just pathetic.