PDA

View Full Version : Temple's RPI - 48

Snipe
01-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Temple's SOS rank is 4th in the nation. The RPI is 48th. They are only 8-8.

Because of the SOS and their poor record, they stand to jump in the RPI more than other teams when they win. Right now Temple is a top 50 win for us. If they go on a streak and win some games it would be interesting to see where they could go.

Where is MHet when you need him?

DC Muskie
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Right now Temple is a top 50 win for us.

Did we beat Temple? I must have missed that.

Fred Garvin
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Did we beat Temple? I must have missed that.

Snaptacular.

xeus
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Right now Temple is a top 50 win for us. If they go on a streak and win some games it would be interesting to see where they could go.

Yeah, but that Auburn loss is gonna hurt.

jdm2000
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Just another example of how you can't tell early on what will be a "quality win" or "bad loss." I remember UD fans talking about how they had four quality wins after beating Pitt and U of L--counting Miami and Holy Cross as quality wins. But conference play kicks in, and you see where teams are really going to fall in the RPI.

I think that X should end up with a good number of OOC quality wins-- Indiana, Kent St., Kansas St., Virginia, and maybe even Auburn and UC. In fact, I wouldn't have said it at the time, but I think that if X could only win one between Miami and Kent St., Kent St. is the better choice.

XU Fan
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM
In fact, I wouldn't have said it at the time, but I think that if X could only win one between Miami and Kent St., Kent St. is the better choice.

No doubt Kent is the better win (if we would have beaten Miami). Not only was it helpful in terms of advancing in that tournament and getting to play Indiana, but Kent is pretty clearly the better of the two and a nice win for X.