PDA

View Full Version : Watermelon...

AviatorX
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I am trying to piece together the watermelon and Dayton basketball relationship. I think I understand that Keith Waleskowski had a fetish for them or something? Can someone PLEASE just explain the relation of this sometimes-seedy fruit to UD basketball? I'm sure Snipe would be happy to fill me in.

XU Fan
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
This site has a lot of the background information:

http://www.daytonplayers----watermelons.org/ (http://www.watermelon.org/)

AviatorX
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
This site has a lot of the background information:

http://www.daytonplayers-----watermelons.org/ (http://www.watermelon.org/)

haha....to think I actually wondered if that site could be real.

X-band '01
01-21-2008, 05:56 AM
I'll have a go at the history here - please fill in any facts that I may have missed.

On one of Pablo's old boards, NJ!NP! posts a thread called "Keith and Sean's Workout Video - Adult" on the board. Needless to say, NJ!NP! was getting ripped a new one by all the posters on the board; for some reason people don't like to watch 2 dudes dry-humping pieces of fruit. Pablo would later post the same video on the Dayton boards, and needless to say they weren't happy about it either. One of our fans (PMI2311) suggested that they didn't like the video because it "hit a little too close to home for them," thus setting the table for an urban legend. That was also a time when Pablo's board got a lot of traffic due to MM having server issues at that point, and when Shadow saw the thread, he tried to contact Pablo to help moderate that chatroom board. Needless to say he was denied.

Pablo would also go on to give chin nuts to UD fans on WHIO's Flyer Feedback after an A-10 Tournament game, send a watermelon (wrapped in the Enquirer's game recap of David West's 47-point performance) via FedEx to Keith Waleskowski's dad the year after PW tried to sue Pablo for the video, and buy watermelon hats for the Xavier students to wear at the XU-UD games during the 2003-04 season.

nuts4xu
01-21-2008, 06:06 AM
There is nothing to do in dayton, and the women are quite frightening. Therefore, urban legend says, men in dayton will often turn to the large ripe fruit called a watermelon this time of year.

It is cold, and to generate friction, and to attempt to exorcise the baskeball demons that have cursed the dayton program the past few decades, ud fans will sacrifice a watermelon and shoot their jizz inside. They are some sick folks in that one horse town known as the ghetto gem city.

Snipe
01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
My sources told me that Campus Security in the Ghetto actually busted Keith and Sean humping the fruit. A big cover-up ensued. Then someone leaked one of the tapes to Pablo and he ran with it on the net.

It actually happened. I read it on the internet. Now you did too.

AviatorX
01-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone for filling me in. Hilarious!

American X
01-21-2008, 11:14 AM
for some reason people don't like to watch 2 dudes dry-humping pieces of fruit

That video did not show dry-humping. Sickos.

Fred Garvin
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks everyone for filling me in. [/QUOTE]

So said the watermelon.

Pablo
01-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Apparently Horshack (who was Nuts4xu) didn't like it or me. Not if thats true - well oh well I could care less.

GO Xavier

American X
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Pablo,

Arnold was an imposter nuts4xu. The real nuts4poodles is alive and well here.

I was hoping you would show up with the tale of the Fedex watermelon.

Stonebreaker
01-21-2008, 11:16 PM
While I appreciate the story, I'm not sure bringing up negatives in the past between members is helpful to this site. Let's keep history where it belongs.

Pablo
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Stonebreaker et al. I meant no disrespect to Nuts - I was trying to state the obvious that this person changed his moniker after he stole a name from a well known and liked poster - and then quasi attacked me.

I have never had a problem with Nuts - and he knows it.

Sorry for the confusion

Arnold Horshack
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I had scouted out this board months ago. It was a wasteland of inactivity. I signed under nuts name on a lark thinking this place would get an occasional straggler. Once it started to pick up I came back and played around for a few days. I thought nuts would like the moniker when it became a legit board, so I gave it up. It's not like I thought this identity hijacking would ever see the light of day. I guess this makes us even with quasi-attacks.

nuts4xu
01-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I haven't read much of Horshack's past work, and really didn't find this site until Xeus emailed me. But I would imagine it didn't take long to figure out Arnold was a fake nuts. I haven't launched an attack or quasi attack on anyone in too long to remember.

My only beef with Pablo is after all these years, he has yet to find his way to my seats with an extra Mich Ultra in his hand. I imagine that beef will die soon enough.

Fred Garvin
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Mich Ultra? You should just have him bring you a beer.

Stonebreaker
01-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I'll be at the game tonite with my dad. I'll be the one in section 201 with a grey Notre Dame sweatshirt on. Any beer or hotdogs brought over would result in nice reps. :D:rolleyes:

Filthy Chilean
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll be at the game tonite with my dad. I'll be the one in section 201 with a grey Notre Dame sweatshirt on. Any beer or hotdogs brought over would result in nice reps. :D:rolleyes:

Why would you wear a Notre Dame sweatshirt to a Xavier basketball game? Better yet, why wear a ND sweatshirt?

xu2006
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
By now we've all heard about the infamous watermelon story, but I must admit that I've never actually seen any proof of its existence... Is anyone able to offer any reliable support to the story?

Pablo
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Proof that the ud players did the act or that the cartel acted with swift and decisive action when threatened by a paper tiger?

Stonebreaker
01-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Why would you wear a Notre Dame sweatshirt to a Xavier basketball game? Better yet, why wear a ND sweatshirt?

1) I don't have Xavier gear
2) I don't want to wear my UC gear
3) The sweatshirt is grey (sorta X'ish)
4) It's always appropriate to wear ND gear anywhere :D

nuts4xu
01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
You are the mod of this board, and you have no Xavier gear? I have no issues with ND gear, but my man, step up and fork over $30 for a Xavier sweatshirt or something. Hell, you can get a hooded sweatshirt at Dave & Barry's for less than $15.

If that doesn't work, and you are strapped for cash, go to Walmart and pick up a blue shirt of any kind. That is better than a gray shirt with a school other than Xavier on it.

Arnold Horshack
01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I haven't read much of Horshack's past work, and really didn't find this site until Xeus emailed me. But I would imagine it didn't take long to figure out Arnold was a fake nuts. I haven't launched an attack or quasi attack on anyone in too long to remember.

My only beef with Pablo is after all these years, he has yet to find his way to my seats with an extra Mich Ultra in his hand. I imagine that beef will die soon enough.

People actually thought I was nuts4xu. I had to deny it several times. But now they know that I am really a sweathog.

Stonebreaker
01-24-2008, 03:09 PM
You are the mod of this board, and you have no Xavier gear? I have no issues with ND gear, but my man, step up and fork over $30 for a Xavier sweatshirt or something. Hell, you can get a hooded sweatshirt at Dave & Barry's for less than $15.

If that doesn't work, and you are strapped for cash, go to Walmart and pick up a blue shirt of any kind. That is better than a gray shirt with a school other than Xavier on it.

I have a sticker of X, does that count?

nuts4xu
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
No Stoner, that doesn't count. You have UC gear, now trade that crap in for some blue and white.

nuts4xu
01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
It isn't like I had a trademark on the moniker, and if you had to use my name to enable people to think this site was legit, what can I really say about it. It is a little odd, and since you voluntarily gave up the name for your sweathogness, I don't have any real issues with the plagerism. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose.

What is your moniker on MM or Rivals? Just curious.

Stonebreaker
01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
No Stoner, that doesn't count. You have UC gear, now trade that crap in for some blue and white.

LOL

Please call me Stoney. The name is what I go by on every other board. Blame it on X23.

nuts4xu
01-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I just can't get over you having Bearcat gear, but no Xavier gear. You are a mod on a Xavier message board, and you want to know if its ok to wear a gray ND sweatshirt to the ud @ Xavier game?

You seem like a good dude, and I appreciate your mod skills on this site. But until you represent you can't call yourself one with Xavier Nation.

You do realize how awesome we are, don't you? Then why no gear?

Sorry.

Stonebreaker
01-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Easy now. Your concerns are duly noted. We'll see what happens, I may get something within the year.

boozehound
01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I think that watermelon story is about the funniest thing that I have ever heard, particularly the part about Waleskowski's dad.

PMI
05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm bored and this is the first time I'm reading this thread. X-Band, were you just going on memory or is the old Pablo board still accessible? I remember I went back on it years ago after it already shut down and could still read our old posts. If it's still up does anyone have the link? My memory of watermelongate is a bit rusty but X-Band's account seems pretty accurate from what I recall. It was a long back and forth of Xavier vs. Dayton, straight up, and we rattled them very badly and got under their skin in the worst way. It was very funny. Their adamant denial only made them look worse. Imagine grown men vehemently deny that they have sex with watermelons rather than just rollin their eyes or laughing about it. I only wish someone had footage of Mr. Waleskowski opening up a watermelon in the mail. RIP Pablo.

Kahns Krazy
05-12-2009, 04:49 PM
The old Pablo board was deleted. I sure wish I had an archived copy of that site. The Skillet stories alone would be worth publishing into a book.

PMI, Pablo's brother delivers the best retelling of the whole watermelon hilarity. Hopefully, you can make it to the second annual "Drink a beer with Brian and 300 of his closest friends" event.

This thread reminds me that you can still rep Pablo. It's been over a year, and I still laugh out loud at some of the shit he pulled off.

If you think Dayton and all its fans are melon-humpers, rep Pablo!

Fred Garvin
05-13-2009, 01:03 AM
I miss Pablo. And Skillet for that matter. That place was bedlam.
I also miss Kent Blasingame/Roscoe with his psycho clown avatar.

Kahn's doesn't miss Filthy Conservative all that much.

PMI
05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
What ever happened to Skillet? That dude was a piece of work.
Garvin, I hope I never have to see that clown again.

Damn, what a... um... "off color" board that was. Not sure Xavier University would have admitted any affiliation with that one. BTW I must spread it around before I rep Pablo again. One of you write something funny.

chico
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
That board was out of control, which is what made it fun. Is skillet still alive or did his liver finally give out?

I had a hard time keeping all the alter egos in line, though.

I think the fact that board was around made it easier for this board to get going. It was clear that people were growing tired of the regime (i.e, shadow) on MM.

PMI
05-13-2009, 12:40 PM
This board is a very nice middle ground between Pablo's old one and Gary and Shadow's circle jerk. I guess that's why I turn to the smack forum in an attempt to help bring at least one section of XH a little closer to what Brian provided for us back then.

Kahns Krazy
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
What ever happened to Skillet? That dude was a piece of work.
Garvin, I hope I never have to see that clown again.

Damn, what a... um... "off color" board that was. Not sure Xavier University would have admitted any affiliation with that one. BTW I must spread it around before I rep Pablo again. One of you write something funny.

Xavier's specific lack of interest in affiliation with that board is precisely what ended it. From what I understand, Pablo happened to hear that there were certain people at X that really hated that board. His love for Xavier exceeded his love for the smack, so down it came.

I haven't heard from Skillet in a while. I hope he's well. That dude loved his booze. He also farted on a chick to break up with her. That's classy.

PMI
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Xavier's specific lack of interest in affiliation with that board is precisely what ended it. From what I understand, Pablo happened to hear that there were certain people at X that really hated that board. His love for Xavier exceeded his love for the smack, so down it came.

I haven't heard from Skillet in a while. I hope he's well. That dude loved his booze. He also farted on a chick to break up with her. That's classy.

Sounds about right. I guess I can't expect everyone involved in the Jesuit University to appreciate the same ruthless humor as I do. Still, nothing will ever touch that board, regardless of the fact that we only had a few dozen regulars at most.

Homeskillet would be a tremendous addition to this board and this forum in particular. I always thought The Truth was hilarious too. I wonder what happened to him.

Alright, enough reminiscing. I have a hockey game to pregame for.

Fred Garvin
05-13-2009, 08:35 PM

I distinctly remember ATL saying he'd got an email from Brian shortly before his death where he'd expressed the desire to restart his board.

And "certain people" at Xavier are really uptight. They should direct their disdain for the board that routinely attacks players and players' parents for that matter.

Pablo's Brother
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Brian/Pablo loved that board. He liked that it was on the edge of acceptable behavior and loved tweaking UC and UD whenever possible. He lived in fear that someone from X would figure out who is "Pablo." (He thought it would impact his seats!) That worked for awhile until the NCAA tourney in Knoxville. We were getting overserved before the first game with many XU officials. One of our idiot friends (Harry) walked right up to us (at a table with at least five people employed by X) and said "hey, what's up Pablo?" The X guys looked like they found the missing link, Brian was stunned/pissed beyond belief, and Harry had no idea what the hell he did. Our answer was to drink more red bull and vodkas (the devil's drink) and try and find Mrs. Matta. Probably a good thing we never found her. Brian was so hung over he chipped a tooth at waffle house the next day. How in God's name can you do that?

Pablo's unveiling did not stop some of the Cartel's covert ops, but it laid the foundation for this board. (Remember, Brian "stole" Gary's board and taunted him?). Brian loved Xavier and killed the board only when it became known to him that some players and recruits disliked some of the comments. I think it was gone the next day. His hatred for UD had no bounds. He actually tried to rent a billboard on I-75 North near the UD Arena. He was going to do something with watermelons and Keith Waleskowski. Unfortunately, he did not have the jack. Can you imagine what would have happened if he pulled that one off? It would have been glorious!

Fred Garvin
05-20-2009, 03:08 PM
A billboard by UD Arena with reference to Jim Swampy Meadows. That's doable if we went with the fractional investment approach. America has gone collectivist so why not us.

PM Thor
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Brian/Pablo loved that board. He liked that it was on the edge of acceptable behavior and loved tweaking UC and UD whenever possible. He lived in fear that someone from X would figure out who is "Pablo." (He thought it would impact his seats!) That worked for awhile until the NCAA tourney in Knoxville. We were getting overserved before the first game with many XU officials. One of our idiot friends (Harry) walked right up to us (at a table with at least five people employed by X) and said "hey, what's up Pablo?" The X guys looked like they found the missing link, Brian was stunned/pissed beyond belief, and Harry had no idea what the hell he did. Our answer was to drink more red bull and vodkas (the devil's drink) and try and find Mrs. Matta. Probably a good thing we never found her. Brian was so hung over he chipped a tooth at waffle house the next day. How in God's name can you do that?

Pablo's unveiling did not stop some of the Cartel's covert ops, but it laid the foundation for this board. (Remember, Brian "stole" Gary's board and taunted him?). Brian loved Xavier and killed the board only when it became known to him that some players and recruits disliked some of the comments. I think it was gone the next day. His hatred for UD had no bounds. He actually tried to rent a billboard on I-75 North near the UD Arena. He was going to do something with watermelons and Keith Waleskowski. Unfortunately, he did not have the jack. Can you imagine what would have happened if he pulled that one off? It would have been glorious!

I wish we could raise some money and actually do this for next year, alas, I know there are better ways to honor Pablo out there. Oh to dream. It would have been the best ever. Ever I say. Yes, I'm drinking now.

I HATE dayton.

Pablo's Brother
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I wish we could raise some money and actually do this for next year, alas, I know there are better ways to honor Pablo out there. Oh to dream. It would have been the best ever. Ever I say. Yes, I'm drinking now.

I HATE dayton.

One last thing. He was also going to have 20 watermelons FedEx'd to UD's team at the Donoher Center prior to the XU game at the Dump. He actually called up the operations people from UD Arena and asked for the exact shipping address. Told them to expect a shipment from Nike and that an ESPN camera crew (actually some of his idiot friends who worked for a local station in Cincy) would be accompanying them. Brian was this close to executing his plan and stopped at the last second because he thought it might get the watermelon humpers outraged enough and cause them to win. I had to agree with him. However, it would have been frickin' awesome and probably made national news. Brian, would, of course, found a way to blame Snipe, Filthy Chilean, and ultimately Gary.

PMI
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Great stuff PB. I'm in support of the billboard or the watermelons. The revelation of his identity is funny to me because I actually remember talking to him about both of us keeping our names hush-hush when that board was up. Part of what made it great was the secrecy. Hell, I was still in high school when I hopped on over there. If I had posted under my real name I'm not sure I'd have had as warm an invitation to Xavier. It was taboo over there, but it was damn entertaining. I was never officially a part of The Cartel or anything like that, but from what I gathered over the years and from my experiences with Pablo, some good work was done.

I think sending watermelons to UD, even if not right before an X game, should be given strong consideration.

PM Thor
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
One last thing. He was also going to have 20 watermelons FedEx'd to UD's team at the Donoher Center prior to the XU game at the Dump. He actually called up the operations people from UD Arena and asked for the exact shipping address. Told them to expect a shipment from Nike and that an ESPN camera crew (actually some of his idiot friends who worked for a local station in Cincy) would be accompanying them. Brian was this close to executing his plan and stopped at the last second because he thought it might get the watermelon humpers outraged enough and cause them to win. I had to agree with him. However, it would have been frickin' awesome and probably made national news. Brian, would, of course, found a way to blame Snipe, Filthy Chilean, and ultimately Gary.

Oh
My
Gah...

I wish I could be half the man that Pablo was. This is how legends are made. (sadly, I can't dare to try to pull these kinds of things off, with my job, and the fact that freakin everyone knows who I am, I would rather keep my job over humiliating dayton, however tempting that is)

I HATE dayton.