PDA

View Full Version : XU Football

Dayton Home Boy
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Xavier has a football team. Did not know that. Since u beat dayton in bball every year. Come play dayton in football. Dayton Has a real team on the field not on the court. HAHA lol jj

xuirish
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Only if Dayton's best cheerleader..the human traffic cone is there

thefortyniner
01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Xavier has a football team. Did not know that. Since u beat dayton in bball every year. Come play dayton in football. Dayton Has a real team on the field not on the court. HAHA lol jj

Do you not have to take English classes at Dayton, as part of your gen ed requirement?

Allow me to edit for you:

Xavier has a football team? I did not know that. Since you beat Dayton that one astounds me in basketball every year, come play Dayton in football. Dayton has a real team on the field not on the court. I don't even know what that means HAHA lol jj

coasterville95
01-29-2009, 03:07 PM
As I mentioned in another thread: Since Charlotte is forming a football team for 2013, perhaps in 2011 or 2012 they will need some scrimmage games to preparefor their grand entrance into football.

We have a club football team, and are also an A10 school. Just think it would be neat to have an unofficial A10 conference club football game, it would give Charlotte some practice, and it would be somebody new and exciting for us.

Our football stadium was torn down decades ago, but there are some nice high school facilities in the area that we borrow.

* Note: I have no affiliation with the XU club football team other than going to the games, but it sounds like a neat idea to me.

nickgyp
01-29-2009, 04:21 PM
C'Ville:

Where did the news of Charlotte's team come from? Will it be non=scholly football? Seeing that U. Mass. Richmond, Dayton, Duquesne, Temple and Rhode Island play football.......well, travel costs could be prohibitive for X even if it was non-scholarship. Just thinking.

GoMuskies
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Nick, Charlotte has aspirations of building a I-A (FBS) program. They are not going to be playing Xavier once they get going. I think coasterville was just saying that maybe Charlotte would want to play a club game while they are transitioning to intercollegiate football (i.e. before the official launch of the program).

nickgyp
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
GoM:

That is what I thought C'Ville meant but I had not heard or read of Charlotte's plan. I did Google Charlotte football and read that the Bd. of Trustees voted to give football the greenlight with plans to start out lower D-1 and then move up to big D-1 with plans for a 15,000 sea t stadium on campus.
Didn't realize Charlotte has 22,000 students.