PDA

View Full Version : St Joes

XU-PA
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Too bad the internet connection went down, or was I the only one?

A real barnburner, XU survives 42-41.

must have been a hundred lead changes, key to the game. 7 Minutes left, St Joes had just scored 10 straight over about 4 and a half minutes, led 38-29.
TV timeout and JT lit it up! 2 threes and a 2 for 8 unanswered points over 2 1/2 minutes. Special hit a jumper with 2 1/2 to go to get the lead back for good.
Musketeers nearly let it get away, missing the front half a one and one 3 times in the final minute, but defensively they held St Joes to just a lone 3 pointer in the final 6 and a half minutes.

Congrats ladies, Jerri T led the way with 13, Dee Dee had 10 clutch points. XU shot just 35% but held the Hawks to 26% and 2-19 from 3 pt.

xu_fan
01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Scary game! I was out on the icy roads and just made it home to watch the last 3 min on gametracker... I was nervous... Our free throw woes almost finally cost us a game but thank goodness we played enough defense to keep the lead... Should have wooped the hawks but I'll take it! A win is a win I guess!!

cinskyline
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Good road win by the ladies. St Joe's has managed to knock off a few good teams this year -- fortunately we are not on that list. :)

I don't think McGuff is going to be too happy with this win though. It's amazing how bad we can be on offense and still win games. 2 offensive rebounds for the game???? 3-8 from the line, 6 assists and 17 turnovers.

X-band '01
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
It's amazing what a suffocating defense will do. The Bonnie game on Sunday is looking more and more treacherous.

Bigbluebrotha
01-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Like PA, the part I heard sounded pretty exciting for a subpar game.

Great that JT is making the big shots in her senior year and you know who's been involved on a couple of those plays - you guessed it - Tudy Reed! She's really been a constant force of late on both ends of the floor - note the 10 defensive rebounds against St. Joe's.

This was a case of grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat. JT fires off eight straight in 2:23 while the defense holds on on the other end. Nice that the ladies showed character on a night they clearly didn't have it.

Mike did mention the team was not able to practice much before the game because of the weather here and in Philly. It obviously showed, but a road W is a road W, pack in on the plane and put in the vault for safe keeping!

Now on to the Bonnies, a three-point XU win on the road last year. After last night's performance it could be tighter than we'd like. Dig in ladies, dig in!