PDA

View Full Version : XU vs Rhode Island

XURunner85
01-24-2009, 06:38 PM
at the half the ladies have a comfortable lead...33 to 12...

xubball93
01-25-2009, 06:31 AM
What a beatdown - 69 to 29!

X-band '01
01-25-2009, 07:05 AM
In my best impersonation of Gary Griffin, I am going to say that URI did improve as the game went on. They scored 5 points in the first 10 minutes, 7 points in the 2nd 10 minutes, 8 points in the 3rd 10 minutes, and 9 points in the final 10 minutes. I kept having flashbacks to the men's GW-Saint Louis game last year in which the Billikens managed 20 points for the entire game.

Even the officials were taking it easy on URI - a number of calls that went against Xavier last night seemed like nothing more than an attempt to keep the Rans from getting embarrassed even further.

xu_fan
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure I've seen such a demolition in a long long time... Our team is playing so well right now... It seems like everything is clicking and we just seem oh so balanced... Every night there are multiple people that could possibly put up big numbers for the Lady X'ers... I'm just hoping that they don't peak too early and lose their swagger because right now they look really good...

OX09
01-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Half time score: URI 12, Ta'Shia 12

Owned

Bigbluebrotha
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
No kidding! That was one awesome effort all around. Nice to see the ladies put away an inferior opponent early and often.

St. Joe's should provide a stronger test this week, but it looks as if everybody available got some time. Always nice to keep the rust off.
Looked like Megan did some good things.

Tried to listen, but the audio didn't come on. Anyone have any info? Are they still doing it? I hope so, I don't get to make many of the home games, but I like to at least listen when I can.

Keep it goin' ladies!

XU-PA
01-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow, just Wow!

spongebob
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
It was dominating for sure, and it could have been far more so. They got a little sloppy at times(turnovers). Regardless, nice win. As BBB said, take care of business, early and often, and leave no doubt.

My favorite part of the evening was the starting lineup intros. You know how the kids these days jump and bump into each other? Well, when TaShia and April did, the rest of the team fell to the floor, I guess implying an earthquake or the like. I got a kick out of that.