PDA

View Full Version : Women Muskies defeat Dayton @ Dayton

coasterville95
01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
The first of 4 regular season XU/UD basketball games has been decided.

Our Muskies defeated their Flyers 51-49.

X-band '01
01-17-2009, 04:00 PM
They practically stole that game from UD; the Flyers led much of the game before Xavier was able to wear them down for the final stretch run. UD started rushing their shots late in the game (and this was with a 7 point lead, mind you), Xavier finally started to penetrate the baseline and lane, and actually hit just about every clutch FT they had.

It seemed only fitting that Jerri hit a 3 reminiscent of Dante Thursday night. The Flyers could not even manage a final shot against the Xavier defense.

AviatorX
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
We Own Dayton

XU-PA
01-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Fantastic win, one that will show large at the end of the season when it's time to place for the tourney.

Dayton was #70 rpi

Nice work ladies, now head up here to the northeast and trash UMass!!!!

Bmuskie
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
X-band you are correct, that 3 at the end was very reminscent and to hear all the X fans go nuts at ud arena was great! X had shot terrible from outside in this game so when Jerri let that 3 go I was yelling "NO!!!!". Of course I went nuts when it went in.

DC Muskie
01-18-2009, 03:12 PM
GOOOOOOOO Dayton Knobbers!

Great win!

Bigbluebrotha
01-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Great that the team was able to hang with on a day then the shots weren't falling. Jeri hits a big one when it counted and credit Dee Dee and Tudy for making the hustle plays at the end to set up Jerri's big shot.

Listened to Mike and he was going nuts at the end. He also mentioned UD arena is very loud so it's nice our ladies were able to win one in a hostile environment. Hopefully this helps the team down the road.

cinskyline
01-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Great win for the ladies in a VERY hostile environment in a rivalry game. They've really done a great job on the road this year.

RPI is up to 15!!!!

Stonebreaker
01-19-2009, 07:20 AM
I gotta think AdamtheFlyer isn't doing much better than the UC fans this year.

spongebob
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
"Great win for the ladies in a VERY hostile environment in a rivalry game. They've really done a great job on the road this year."

I'll second that. One thing I've noticed about this team is that they dont let a slow offensive day affect them on the defensive/rebounding fronts. That's a good thing. Keeps them in every game and gives them a window of opportunity to take advantage, which is exactly what they did @UD. You've also gotta love your seniors rising to the occasion. Well done.