PDA

View Full Version : 16-0

DC Muskie
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm laying it out there this team will go 16-0.

We own this conference. We bail out programs who need our leadership, like SBU and Duquesne. We give others reasons to live, like our friends from Dayton. We provide an opportunity for people to see their team on TV, Like LaSalle or Charlotte. We sell cheese coneys and beers to those who like any food you provide, like SLU. Or maybe just SLU's coach.

Fact of the matter is, the Atlantic 10 would just be a group of schools wallowing in their own suckitude if it weren't for the Show being the Show.

And since we are the Show, we need to show our force by going 16-0 in this dumbass conference. Fordham? Are you kidding me? Our coach said it was a hard fought 26 point victory. Only the Show can fight hard to get to a 26 point margin and make it look so pretty.

16-0. I want to beat LaSalle so bad that Charlotte drops its idea for a football program. I want to destroy Temple so much that they have to wait years before deciding to rebuild the thing because the memories are just too much to handle.

I want to beat Dayton by such a margin that they change their name to the University of Never Going to Beat Xavier. They'd get about the same amount of exposure then those dumbass commericals they make.

16-0. That's our new nickname for this conference. Xavier plays in the 16-0.

PMI
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Make it 19-0. Atlantic City is the only city the tourney has been held that we haven't won in since we came in and took this conference as our own. I'm sick of that. Two straight years of not winning the tourney is two too many. I've gone the last two years to that dump only to lose a bunch of money and see us take a semifinal exit. Not again. None of these other clowns should touch us. 19-0. 2 seed.

golfitup
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, close to zero% chance of going undefeated during A-10 play this season.

AdamtheFlyer
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Lower.

It's close to 50/50 that X won't even be 3-0. It'll be the same old story...13-3 and a semi-final loss in AC. I think Miller loses that one on purpose.

Snipe
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I just want to focus on Rhode Island (which isn't an island).

DC Muskie
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM

You need to take that attitude to the Outhouse of Small Time Thinking. This is the House of Smack. Built on arrogance, and beating teams with players named Jimmy.

Say this to yourself in the mirror every morning.

16-0.
16-0.
We are the Show
16-0.

Rinse, repeat.

DC Muskie
01-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Lower.

It's close to 50/50 that X won't even be 3-0. It'll be the same old story...13-3 and a semi-final loss in AC. I think Miller loses that one on purpose.

You're giving us a 50/50 shot to beat Rhode (Not an ) Isand? We are not UD. We do not walk into an opponent's area and suck our thumb, while the home team takes our girlfriends to the local Sonic. No sir. We burn the house down with threes, dunks, and Winton Woods! Our bitches know who they walked in with. After the victory our ladies are treated to a night out at the local Red Lobster. Red Lobster bitch.

Same old story. A-10 Title. 16-0. Dayton makes another awful commerical this time featuring Mork and Mindy playing horse with Rudy Flyer.

Knobbers.

16-0!

PMI
01-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Lower.

It will be the same old story. 3 wins against Dayton, where if the Flyers could have found a way to take just one, they might be dancing, but instead Brian Gregory takes them to their more comfortable midget postseason where they are awarded an NIT road game and early exit.

As for us, I'm still going with 19-0. No reason to believe otherwise right now.

chico
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
It will be the same old story. 3 wins against Dayton, where if the Flyers could have found a way to take just one, they might be dancing, but instead Brian Gregory takes them to their more comfortable midget postseason where they are awarded an NIT road game and early exit.

As for us, I'm still going with 19-0. No reason to believe otherwise right now.

I agree. And I have no problem getting on my knees, looking Brian Gregory square in the eye and telling him.

DC Muskie
01-14-2009, 08:03 AM
You must be at least 5'3'' to be 16-0 in this conference.

Maybe they could do a commerical where all of their players are dressed as clowns. They BG could be the ring master and London Warren can make himself disappear like he always does.

Who is the happiest that Drew Lavender has graduated? London. Because now he keeps to keep his jock and his lunch money.

Knobber.

Masterofreality
01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
DC, I tried to rep you but "the man" won't let me, so I'll just say it here-

Best smack thread in the whole year of this board.

19-0, baby. 19-0. Smell the freakin' jockstrap. A glove is too benign.

The imposters who sleep and slog their way through the non-conference then all of a sudden decide to play after January 1 make me sick.

DC Muskie
01-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Here's what I heard what happened during the meeting of scheduling Dayton's non conference slate:

AD: Coach, next season is a big season for us. I'd like us to actually make the tournament this year and see if we can actually win a game in March. It's important, however, that we do this in complete secrecy. Since we already have no TV deal, and no one knows us outside of Beavercreek, we are off to a good start. We almost did it last year, but we couldn't beat LaSalle because Chris Wright was hurt, the gym had wooden seats, the refs called 400 more fouls on us, and well...you know the rest.

BG: Don't I know it. I even usued my step ladder to get a better view!

AD: Well, since the knobbers in this town will come out to see us no matter who we play, let's take a look to see who we can bring in. How about Troy?

BG: I think we can beat them.

AD: Good. How about North Carloina?

BG: Holy Jimmy Carter Boss! You're not serious.

AD: No munckin. I'm not serious. I meant to say North Carolina at Greensboro. Where the hell is Greensboro?

BG: North Carloina?

AD: Ha! that's why I hired you! Okay, Troy, Greensboro. How about Bethune Cookman?

BG: Is that an actual team or a person?

AD: No idea but they are division one.

BG: Sign them up!

AD: Alright to wrap it up we'll add a couple more...how about Wofford and Delaware St? We'll play some bigger name teams like Auburn, make sure the guys don't hit a three pointer during that one, let's keep it close. I expect to be around 14-1, 13-2 before we start our annual 8-8 season of Atlantic 10 play.

BG: This is easy!

AD: No, our non conference schedule is easy. With any luck, no one will get the sniffles, get depressed, kidnap themselves, or give large amounts of dog food. By the time the country witnesses us on the national stage they will see our great record depsite the fact we most likely will get blown off the court by a horrible UMass team.

BG: Sounds good! Maybe I can be mid season midget coach of the year in the Midwest like I was last year! I have that award hanging next to my picture of Jimmy Carter. My most treasured possession.

AD: Alright, now get out there and show some 1 and 2 star recruits, that they don't want to go to Jacksonville St! They want to play for the team that got crushed by the team that lost to Jackonsvile St!

BG: GOOOOOOOOOO DAYTON!

AD: You can get off my lap now.

Knobbers.

Masterofreality
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Bro,

You're en fuego!

blobfan
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Get ATL some onions and mustard cause he is on a roll!!!

I'm seriously crying here. The Dayton smack can never start too soon.

X is going 19-0 and I'm going to continue believing that until I'm proven wrong.

On to Rhode Island!!

DoubleD86
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
DC, that was quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet....that says a lot

Theo Huxtable
01-15-2009, 02:13 AM
DC, that was quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet....that says a lot
That is really sad if that is the funniest thing you have read on the internet? Have you seen my picuture? Either way it is a shame that UD is so bad that their main goal is to be ranked and make the NIT. Even if they were to beat Xavier this year it doesn't mean crap. I mean Xavier has beaten RI 11 times in a row. Eventually you got to win one. So go ahead UD and RI and beat Xavier. Bottom line is that Xavier will always be better than both of your programs no matter what. Even if you were to have a better year than Xavier it still would never compare to the program that Xavier has. The only thing Xavier has keeping them from being the best team in the nation is this awful conference.

DC Muskie
01-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Hello Everybody! Bucky Radio Guy here to bring you another wrap up of exciting A-10play where your Dayton Flyers won a thriller against the always tough out, Fordham Rams.

I 'm here with assitant coach Jon Borovich and coach we knew this wasn't going to be pretty, those Rams are always tough.

You're right Buck. This is a game about who doesn't screw up the most and with London Warren running our show, we know that would be a great challenge.

Jon I'm amazed that this team was able to overcome the bout of small pox that brought out just before the game. How did the team respond?

Well Buck Man, I can tell you cheering for the Flyers, let alone playing for us, will make anyone sick, so we had the experience of lining up our excuses in case we lost. I'm glad we didn't, because I'm going to need those on Saturday. Am I right? Hmmm? hmmm?

Ha! You are correct on that one sir! Anyway Jon, let's take a look at the box score and tell me where you see the places where the Flyers need to improve...

Let me stop you right there Buck. I don't need a box score to show me! I mean look at Kurt, our main man in the middle. 19 minutes, four fouls, and zero rebounds. Zero. Now you might think he needs to improve his rebounds and not hack so much. But our staff knows that we need to get him the ball more. The kid was 2-3 from the field. You can't teach that!

I also noticed coach that Mickey Perry went 1-5 from the field in 13 minutes spelling relief off the bench.

Very true Buck, very true. We need Lowery and Warren to be fresh when they chuck their shots from the cheap seats, so bringing in Perry gives us that consistancy of missing that is valuable to our offense. Especially when you have a center that provides you zero rebounds. It was a great game by Mickey.

The Flyers shot 29% from the arc, what does that tell you?

It tells me that we do a great job of transitioning our terrible offense to our mediorce team defense. I was happy to see us give up layup after layup from missing those long shots. It's important for us to give a team like Fordham, who has even less talent then us, and opportunity to make it a close game. Our fans appreciate it.

Well thanks coach. Jon Borovichwithic stopping by to give us his thoughts on tonight's thrilling UD victory over the Rams. For his appearance, the Dayton Daily News will provide home delivery to one lucky fan, specailly delievered by Head Coach Brian Gregory, who no doubt is audtioning for future employment. That's all from the House Doehner built and Sean Miller destroys, this is Buck Mucky Muck saying I'll see you at the next Dayton Disaster! Goodnight everybody!

DC Muskie
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
16-0 Bitches!

Emp
01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Im ready to drink the 16-0 koolaid after that rabbit-out-of-the-hat performance last night. This team is just lucky.

But perhaps someone should confiscate the meth pipe for just a few days down in DC? Security net for the Inauguration may snag DCMuskie on a rant.

Sean makes no extra effort to hype the tourney when he doesn't need it to get to the Dance, so 19-0 is a stretch.

DC Muskie
01-16-2009, 11:47 AM
But perhaps someone should confiscate the meth pipe for just a few days down in DC? Security net for the Inauguration may snag DCMuskie on a rant.

Does a meth addict rant like this?

How awesome is our team? We can throw the ball all over the place, our seniors miss some shots, we don't get much from our bench and we STILL pull out the victory.

Good Night Doris. Call me when we hit Atlantic City.

This conference should rename it's championship, the A-10 Baksetball Championships brought to by Xavier University. They should put the Blue Blob on every logo to sell tickets. People love to see the SHOW.

Did you see those dorks from Rhode Island in the blue shirts? What the hell was written on them? Kerney? What the hell does that mean? Kerney?

Is that some sort of Rhode Island cuss word?

Like "Kerney! We lost to Xavier Again!" or "Why the in Kerney can't we beat Xavier?"

I tell you why. Because much like the meth addict, Xavier can't get enough of winning. It's what we do. We wake up, fall out of bed and win 20 games. We brush our teeth and already we are in the tournent. By the time lunch rolls around, here are in the Sweet 16. Before we head home from work, we're in the back alley getting some more wins from a guy named Twist. We're firing up the victory pipe on the way home listening the New jack Hustler. We have a body count just like Ice T baby. Lock up the women and children people, get me security, call out the Air Force, because we are killing everyone along the Atlantic and in the Midwest.

We should redesign the logo of this conference. First off, it needs to be Xavier blue. There needs to be a star where Cincinnati would be and a note that says, Capital of the A-10.

You can have your Red Out, your Blue-out, your White-Out, your Whore-Out. When the Show rolls into town get ready for a Blow-Out.

16-0. Get the icing out Aunt Bea. The rest of the season we are eating cupcakes. You know this meth addict can't get enough of that sweetness.

Kerney!

XUglow
01-16-2009, 11:51 AM

It's not meth, but there must be some drug or alcohol problem somewhere if you think Red Lobster is the way to smooze the ladies.

BBC 08
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
It's not meth, but there must be some drug or alcohol problem somewhere if you think Red Lobster is the way to smooze the ladies.

Stop writing, it's getting in the way of me looking at your avatar.

XUglow
01-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Stop writing, it's getting in the way of me looking at your avatar.

Have I mentioned that she is Danish?

DC Muskie
01-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Smooze? I'm not interested in smoozing. Ladies love them some Red Lobster.

BBC 08
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Smooze? I'm not interested in smoozing. Ladies love them some Red Lobster.

It's those damn biscuits that get them every time.

Masterofreality
01-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Forgive us this temporary pause in the frivolity...

It is now Xavier's sworn assignment to go 19-0 just to keep DC's incredible comic juices flowing....

....Since none of his juices flow anywhere else.:eek:

xu15
01-18-2009, 02:56 PM
DC if I could rep you a hundred times i would.

nuts4xu
01-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I think DC was right and we are going to run the table in this league. The teams in this league will come to worship at the altar of Xavier and we will beat them down like the dogs that they are.

The path of the righteous team in this league is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil programs. Blessed are they, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherd the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And we will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know our name is "Xavier Nation" when we lay our vengeance upon thee.

pickledpigsfeet
01-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Flagship bitches!

Emp
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM

How awesome is our team? We can throw the ball all over the place, our seniors miss some shots, we don't get much from our bench and we STILL pull out the victory.

Good Night Doris. Call me when we hit Atlantic City.

This conference should rename it's championship, the A-10 Baksetball Championships brought to by Xavier University. They should put the Blue Blob on every logo to sell tickets. People love to see the SHOW.

Did you see those dorks from Rhode Island in the blue shirts? What the hell was written on them? Kerney? What the hell does that mean? Kerney?

Is that some sort of Rhode Island cuss word?

Like "Kerney! We lost to Xavier Again!" or "Why the in Kerney can't we beat Xavier?"

I tell you why. Because much like the meth addict, Xavier can't get enough of winning. It's what we do. We wake up, fall out of bed and win 20 games. We brush our teeth and already we are in the tournent. By the time lunch rolls around, here are in the Sweet 16. Before we head home from work, we're in the back alley getting some more wins from a guy named Twist. We're firing up the victory pipe on the way home listening the New jack Hustler. We have a body count just like Ice T baby. Lock up the women and children people, get me security, call out the Air Force, because we are killing everyone along the Atlantic and in the Midwest.

We should redesign the logo of this conference. First off, it needs to be Xavier blue. There needs to be a star where Cincinnati would be and a note that says, Capital of the A-10.

You can have your Red Out, your Blue-out, your White-Out, your Whore-Out. When the Show rolls into town get ready for a Blow-Out.

16-0. Get the icing out Aunt Bea. The rest of the season we are eating cupcakes. You know this meth addict can't get enough of that sweetness.

You can only hope to contain him.

Kerney!

Containment is out of the question at this point.

Er, what will they do with t shirts at St Bona...is that a brown out?

DC Muskie
01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
You've got to love our coach. Did you see what he said to Steve Wolf at halftime? He said you won't see the guys who don't pass play in the second half.

We were killing La Salle and Sean was threating to beat them with guys from the band. You know those band guys pass. In fact they pass so much, they forget to shoot.

Sean wants this team to be considerate. Drag then pass. A very important lesson in life. Don't hog it Tutu, drag it a little and then share the thing. We got four others guys who want some, CJ, so don't keep it to yourself. Don't let it hit the ground BJ! Good job, now we need another possession. Drag then pass!

I wonder what Dr. G was saying in his locker room... I bet he wasn't explaining the importance of passing. I bet he was asking about how his guys feel, if they needed anything, and make sure they had their freaking bags packed and ready to get out of dodge once Sean ordered the trumpet section onto the court and start launching passes from section 131! I bet Dr. G told the paper after the game that is was great to sit a real locker room. One that didn't actually have locks. One where you could stand on the oter side of the room and let your pieces hang out without the dude next to checking out your business by accident. I bet Dr. G thought is was cool they announced his players names before the game. And people actually reacted. They play in a library. Two years ago I was the loudest guy in that place. Ask BJ. Or Steve Wolf. Or Betty, the lady who now needs hearing aids.

I heard La Salle has a great class coming in next year. Yeah, I also heard this girl I like is going to call me back soon.

No seriously DC Muskie, she digs you, she's busy.

Whatever. Lady don't want to go to red Lobster, I'll call the band out on her ass.

I don't even kinow that means, but it felt good.

16-0. Flag-effing ship. Our band would kick your starting five's ass. They pass. You won't see anyone who doesn't.

Masterofreality
01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Another superb, f'ing rant.

A standard has been set. The question is, what will burn out first? The season, or DC Muskies' fire?

XUglow
01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't have much to add to DC's comments, so I will just toss in a picture. Everyone loves going 16-0 as much as they love... kittens!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2420/2216425155_eb26e1d895.jpg?v=0

BBC 08
01-21-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't have much to add to DC's comments, so I will just toss in a picture. Everyone loves going 16-0 as much as they love... kittens!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2420/2216425155_eb26e1d895.jpg?v=0

There's a kitten in there?

Bona84
01-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Nice kitten.
I'm hoping for 15-1, but not betting on it.

DC Muskie
01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
It's good to see SBU getting itself off the mat after the terrible, tragic scandal that rocked that campus a few years ago.

You saw the light. You saw that the only way to lift your program was to bring some Xavier in. Yes, you brought some Xavier into your life. With that, tonight, we plan to bring you a WHOLE HEAPING TON OF XAVIER TONIGHT! You'll be so full of Xavier, you'll be crapping out blue blobs for weeks. Whenever someone asks you a question like:

Hey Bona84, what you got going on tonight?

Your response will be:

Xavier, wel, I...Sean Miller. I think, Derrick Brown...I'll be going to Redford for three! the movies with, 28-0 run, some friends.

It will be weird to experience first, but after awhile you'll get used to it.

I noticed that SBU has a new Sports Studies major in your school of Education. That is awesome. Consider Sean Miller a visiting professor and the class he'll be teaching tonight is a cram course of major ass whooping 101. Sean has a PHD in destroying your self esteem, while studying, anything less then 26 win average means you are a failure, under Thad Matta. He'll be bringing in some scholars, like BJ Raymond, teaching the art of all of your hopes and dreams vanish by this three point shot, and CJ Anderson, who's favorite course is too teach you, I'm Winton Woods and I'm scoring no matter what. I'm not sure you guys are ready for Sean's Empty the Bench at the 10 Minute Mark just yet. We'll just stick to basics. Plus, the class only lasts 40 minutes, so we need to focus.

It's a pretty exciting time now to be apart of the Bona's family. They let a little Xavier in their lives and tonight Xavier will be Dallas to their Debbie in Olean.

16-0. Flagship.

Bona84
01-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Wish I had your time and imagination, DC. Looking forward to tonight.

PMI
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Looking forward to tonight.

I'm sure DC appreciates that, as it's the first time it's been said to him in quite some time.

Bona84
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sure DC appreciates that, as it's the first time it's been said to him in quite some time.

I see this is The House of Smack. I'll go back to thinking about that kitten picture.

Bona84
01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok. The Bonnies have been put in their place. I am now rooting for 16-0.

Congrats X. Keep it going. And, I hope DC had a good night.

nuts4xu
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure you guys are ready for Sean's Empty the Bench at the 10 Minute Mark just yet.

16-0. Flagship.

Another awesome rant, and he damn near nailed this one. We emptied the bench at the 5 minute mark which is still rather impressive.

It would not surprise me to see the Bonnies just close their program down after that ass kicking. Really....just go away.

Go far, far away. Cease to exist and stop embarassing yourself.

DC Muskie
01-22-2009, 07:05 AM
And, I hope DC had a good night.

I had a great night, thanks.

Did you Redford drop bombs from Buffalo last night? That kid could be in a remake of the Andy Griffin Show, but don't fooled. He's not bringing some fishing pole, he's got a cannon that just destroys people's spirit. Everyone had to leave early, trying to save whatever self esteem they had left in their pockets.

He were hitting foul shots, threes and putbacks. I think the only thing we screwed up was the layup line before the game. It was over right after they announced our starting lineup. The rest was just for Show.

Congrats on being the next victim. Your place in history is now in place.

16-0.

chico
01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I had a great night, thanks.

Did you Redford drop bombs from Buffalo last night? That kid could be in a remake of the Andy Griffin Show, but don't fooled. He's not bringing some fishing pole, he's got a cannon that just destroys people's spirit. Everyone had to leave early, trying to save whatever self esteem they had left in their pockets.

He were hitting foul shots, threes and putbacks. I think the only thing we screwed up was the layup line before the game. It was over right after they announced our starting lineup. The rest was just for Show.

Congrats on being the next victim. Your place in history is now in place.

16-0.

This team apparently also has the ability to make DC speak in tongues.

Not only are we destroying the will of opposing teams, we are destroying the will of the oddsmakers. Only an 11 point favorite last night? Only a 13 1/2 point favorite against LaSalle? Who's setting these lines, Seth Davis? They are undefeated against the spread in the A-10. I certainly hope Vegas keeps disrespecting this team, because they're making me a nice little nest egg. This team is not only a steamroller but a gravy train. Maybe we actually should be spotting teams point to make things interesting, or maybe D Brown should have to strap on extra weight like a thoroughbred.

Brad Redford is so money they should put him on the $100 dollar bill. He doesn't need a stick shift because he's automatic.

DC Muskie
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Somebody rep Chico for me, I can't do it. Classic.

West is Best
01-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Great work Chico.

Seriously, 16-0 is happening. It's science. If I was A-10 commish, I'd add 4 more teams to the league right now, just so we can be 20-0.

DC Muskie
01-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Great work Chico.

Seriously, 16-0 is happening. It's science. If I was A-10 commish, I'd add 4 more teams to the league right now, just so we can be 20-0.

This is excellent Smack talk. Notice the name.

West.

West is Best knows some smack talk.

Add four mo team go 20-0.

Sounds like the best smack line I have ever heard. From Top Jimmy at a conference I was at with him over one summer. At the conference "welcoming" with the other Jesuit schools that were there. And Top Jimmy looks around, and says, "Some nice schools here. Good schools. Like to bring my basketball team over and beat every last one of them!"

20-0. Rapture. Top Jimmy. Where's the tylenol?

Masterofreality
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I repped the Chico man.

B-Red on the C-Note. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Masterofreality
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
At the conference "welcoming" with the other Jesuit schools that were there. And Top Jimmy looks around, and says, "Some nice schools here. Good schools. Like to bring my basketball team over and beat every last one of them!"

20-0. Rapture. Top Jimmy. Where's the tylenol?

Top Jimmy. Nothing like smack from a Jesuit President. The absolute best President ever. That's the kind of legacy that lives on.

Father Graham is developing though. I heard him lay a little smack on uc during a halftime interview one time this year.

DC Muskie
01-23-2009, 07:42 AM
My eyes have witnessed the second best team in this conference, and my eyes don't lie. Dayton is one ugly chick.

Seriously, I need to use an example from personal experience to explain.

Let's say the A-10 is on-line dating. Xavier is like DC Muskie. Handsome, charming, doesn't have kids, isn't married, all of that. Let's say, Dayton is that one girl who looks like Rachel McAdams, but when you meet her in person, she is straight up Ugly Betty.

No wait, I take that back, she's Ugly Betty even uglier cousin, Coyote Ugly Kaite.

She writes about how awesome she is, hyping up some the things she has done, or seen. She'll tell you she likes to go out, have interesting conversation, that she's funny.

Until to see her from the floor seats at the Smith Center.

Coytoe Ugly Katie looks like a cross between the Predator and the Blob. You find out, she can't shoot from outside, she doesn't have a low post game, and she keeps subbing people in and out for no reason! Good God people she is a "Not Enough."

As in, there is not enough alcohol to make her look good.

You're embarrassed sitting there with your friends and Coyote Ugly Katie is strutting her stuff. You want her to stop. You ask her to stop. Finally, you excuse yourself to the bathroom and instead book it out of there, running to the next cell phone store to have your number changed because like an idiot, you gave it her before you met! OH NO! Coyote Ugly Katie is calling you as you desparately look for the closest AT&T store. Where is it???? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, back to us.

We are handsome. We love our mothers. We feed the hungry, give shetler to the homeless and beat people by 20 on their home court. There is nothing we can do however, to make Coyote Ugly Kaite look good even to our desperate friends, like Fordham find her attractive.

We have to go 16--0 now. Anything less and the rumor mill will be rampant suggesting we did it with this chick on the first date.

16-0. It's about honor.

DC Muskie
01-29-2009, 08:10 AM
What a boring game. What is there to talk about? Charlotte is horrible. And they must have picked their manatory bag of suck when they landed in Dayton. They drove for two hours to their execution. Who read them their last rites? Can you imagine what the trip down must have been like for them?

Oh Jesus, we landed in Dayton and now we have to go to The Show. And people all over the country are going to find out we are horrible.

What a way to spend a Wednesday.

I was seriously thinking Sean would send in the walk ons in the first half.

What can I say? Anything less then 16-0 in this conference is a failure. We need to grasp our greatness, squeeze the living daylights out of it, rub it all over our faces and kill people. I don't care if the other team is injured, stuck in the snow, has a horrible coach, or it's too cold outside.

I don't want us to go to Charlotte on the 29th. We should have the guys scrimmage each other, put in on ESPN U and make it interesting. At least I'd watch more intently. How many times can we watch BJ hit another three?

Oh look another three. Yup there's another one. We are now up by 40. Where's my TV guide?

I know I'm not the only who looks at these games and the only excitement I get is whether Xavier beats the spread. Our only real competition is Vegas baby. Fat guys named Guido have a better chance of beating us then a team full of division one basketball players who wear the same jersey.

Is there a mercy rule in the A-10? Jimminie Christmas. We need to establish a Karl Hobbs rule from now on. Xavier will play 5 on 6. If Xavier doesn't beat the spread the other team wins. If Xavier does beat the spread, the other team joins the MAAC.

I've got nothing left to say. I've said too much. Derrick Brown is now playing a game where he just gets rebounds and we still win by 75 points. Derrick must think to himself, What I am going to do today to keep myself in the game and not collapse from boredom?

Holy Cow, who's up next?

Masterofreality
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Holy Cow, who's up next?

UMess, at noon.

Kellogg's for breakfast.

XUglow
01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
If Xavier does beat the spread, the other team joins the MAAC.

The MAAC would be full by now.

Masterofreality
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Glow-

The masterofavatars.

Incredible.

pickledpigsfeet
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Another victory for THE FLAGSHIP!!!

GoMuskies
02-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

PM Thor
02-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Temple will feel our groin.

I HATE dayton.

DC Muskie
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
What's our record right now? 8-0? 10-0? All of these teams look the same to me.

What's the difference between St. Louis and Charlotte? About 20 days according to my notes.

What's up next? Temple? There is a lot of history going into this game...

This is a game that will demonstrate how two ships passed in the night. One ship, led by a man named Skip, passed on by a guy who lacked integerity and was brought into the dock by Sean the Almighty. Think of this ship as an ark if you will. We have two of everything. Shooters, defenders, mascots, rebounders, whatever. Sean marched them in two by freakin two. We've hit the promise land. The land of gum drops and lollypops. A land of Miss Muskies at every turn, and greatness from sea to shining sea.

This ark is Xavier. The Flagship.

The other ship, passing in the opposite direction was led by a guy who couldn't keep his tie around his neck straight. A guy who decided the only way he could coach was to wake up 20 years olds who were in college at 5:30 in the morning and and teach them the finer points of standing around in a 2-3 zone. A guy who went off on another coach in an epic tirade only this poster can appreciate. He scheduled big games, and lost. He scheduled more big games and and lost some more. Temple was like the guy in high school who would tell you he could beat up half the school, only to find out he was a bleeder. They used to have Marc Jackson and Marc Macon, now they can't find anybody named Marc. back to the ship analogy. Next the ship was taken by a guy who has a mustache. In 2009, no man can be taken seriously who wears a mustache. His ship has hit icebergs whose names bear Long Beach State and Buffalo. Who loses to Snoop Dog and and place where wings are the finest foods? A man with a mustache my friends. Temple could walk into BW3 and be down by 30 points. If you know what the hell that means, fill me in.

As we navigate this land of many riches, let's take a moment to reflect on the program that once inhabited this glorious place of glory.

There. That should about cover it.

When you log on to the Temple Univeristy web site, you don't see a tab for athletics. You know why? Because you don't promote the fact you have major college athletics when your teams lose constantly in every sport to Buffalo. Football, basketball, table tennis, jumprope. When Buffalo owns you people, you just have to sit back and take the beating I guess. I wouldn't know really. Maybe you hide it away, like on a ship, and send that ship to suckland. And what's with the Owl mascot? Do Owls do anything, except sit on their ass? Or tell you how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Ever see an Owl soar, or swoop down on a snake? I haven't. Course I can't say I was ever looking, but I do know that an Owl in My Cousin Vinny turned his head completely around.

I see where they have a player named Christmas. Wonderful. I'm sure mustache is on the recruiting trail for Easter and Arbor Day. Arbor day is awesome by the way. It seems Temple's stragery is to wow us with holidays rather then basketball players. Names like Raymond, Brown, Anderson. Those are basketball names.

Nevertheless, the once proud program that was Temple, now stands as shack of suckiness, and sucktitude. When I now think of Temple, I think of a great sucking noise, that a sucking machine makes when it is sucking at something. Tomorrow, I want everybody to take a moment and listen to that noise. It's foreign to us. Then spend the next few hours before you go to bed listening to the Counting Crows to get that sound of your head. Yes, I just mentioned the Counting Crows.

Sean will unleash his points parade two by two. Mustache and his lack of Marcs will not have an answer. The Iceberg they hit tomorrow at 7:00 will be like none of the other icecubes they have encountered. When the lights are turned on and the ref throws up the ball, we will find out that Christmas is more like Sweeties Day. Sweeties Day for three! Oh, just missed.

When we wake up on Friday, it will be just another day on the 16-0 island of glory.

Flagship.

DC Muskie
02-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Well another day, another dusting off of an A-10 program.

How good are we? Seriously, someone tell me how good is this freaking team?

Did anyone notice that while Olmos was doing his best Big Deli impression, BJ Raymond was playing horse with the Temple defense. A three here, a three there, here Christmas, hit this shot. BJ was a man among test tube babies. That crazy lady in California would love this Temple team.

Folks, this isn't your father's Temple. This Temple team plays man to man defense. Anyone else think that is strange?

I love this team. I love my school. Man is Jason Love awesome or what? While Olmos is out there perfecting his audition for Kickin' It Old Skool Part II on the floor, J Love decided he would kill him with baby hooks.

Here's a hook from the left. Oh, how about this from the right. You alright down there Doris? Can I get you anything for the obvious pain you seem to be in?

How about a nice tall glass of Beating YOUR ASS Juice, for our Spanish friend.

You know Love is absolutely bored. Kid took six shots, made all six and then headed to the locker room to catch the Lakers/Celtics match. Maybe there's a WII in there and he hasn't gotten to level 45 of something. J Love can only stop J Love. I expect next game to have Love play with one arm tied behind his back and a blindfold on. 6 for 6. Put this kid in a straight jacket. Tell him the wrong time for the game. Do something A-10 opponnents.

I couldn't help but wonder what our friends to the north are thinking when they see BJ Raymond. Surely they had dreams of a kid from Toledo hitting big shots on ESPN in Febraury for the 9th ranked in the country. I bet it kills them to see a 45 year man child out there playing defense really well, then turning around and dropping threes like it's a bad habit. BJ Raymond came to play. He couldn't miss if he wanted to. I hope Brian Roberts was watching. He must be used to that by now. Watching the SHOW churn out victories like butter.

Xavier is the sun of this conference. Everyone else rotates around us. We provide warmth and energy and light. ESPN knows when the The Show is on, it's the best show on television.

It was great to see Redford have his shot back. You go Brad. The Heater. Sean just throws him out there with instructions, once you get across half court and can see the rim, you bury them.

And he did.

Someone please, send me the obitz of this game. Who is saying the last rites for Temple? Can I get a prayer card? Can I get an AMEN! Brother Hammer is in the house. With a Jerry Curl. Brother was styling watching The SHhow. I wish I was there. I would burned down Temple's bus. Burn it.

Praise Jesus we are good!

I need to get back to work.

Masterofreality
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
AAAAAA,aaaaa-men. Amen, Amen!

JLove is the steak in the Philly cheesesteak. LaSuck is the smelly onions, Temple is the greasy cheese, and St. Joes is the empty bread with nothin' in between. Whenever J gets around his ol' homeboys from the hood, class is in session.

It's like he's got a vendetta or something.

Hey Temple, you thought you were too good for me? Take this sky hook from the rafters. Hey, LaSuck. Really thought your garage was going to lure me? Take this swat back in your grille. Hey Hawks, didn't think I was strong enough to climb up your Hill? Here's a pile of whoop-ass with rebounds on top.

The best thing that Philly teams can say is that they'll only be flattened by the Show Train once this year. Saves them a loss.

thefortyniner
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm laying it out there this team will go 16-0.

We own this conference. We bail out programs who need our leadership, like SBU and Duquesne. We give others reasons to live, like our friends from Dayton. We provide an opportunity for people to see their team on TV, Like LaSalle or Charlotte. We sell cheese coneys and beers to those who like any food you provide, like SLU. Or maybe just SLU's coach.

Fact of the matter is, the Atlantic 10 would just be a group of schools wallowing in their own suckitude if it weren't for the Show being the Show.

And since we are the Show, we need to show our force by going 16-0 in this dumbass conference. Fordham? Are you kidding me? Our coach said it was a hard fought 26 point victory. Only the Show can fight hard to get to a 26 point margin and make it look so pretty.

16-0. I want to beat LaSalle so bad that Charlotte drops its idea for a football program. I want to destroy Temple so much that they have to wait years before deciding to rebuild the thing because the memories are just too much to handle.

I want to beat Dayton by such a margin that they change their name to the University of Never Going to Beat Xavier. They'd get about the same amount of exposure then those dumbass commericals they make.

16-0. That's our new nickname for this conference. Xavier plays in the 16-0.

You, sir, are a shining example of true humility.

Why would you beating La Salle have any impact on our football program? Why does our football program matter to you? Jealous?

DC Muskie
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
You, sir, are a shining example of true humility.

Thank you. I am in all likelihood the humblest person you will ever come across.

Why would you beating La Salle have any impact on our football program?

Do you really want me to answer this? The point is quite simple really. We turn this league into a parking lot. Level it. Run programs like yourself, off the court. When you see how badly LaSalle gets beat, you will then start to look inward and see that starting new things is not the brightest idea, since the things you have are completely, without a doubt, worthless.

Jealous?

Man, I'm jealous of many things. Glow, George Clooney, pretty much anybody who has a grilfriend. I'm jealous of people who can show off their guns, and people are impressed. I'm jealous of people who have guns.

I'm jealous I didn't think of the Snuggie first, and of CEO's who get bailed out by the government. I'm jealous of people who can play basketball better me. So I'm pretty much jealous of everyone but those who wear the Charlotte 49er uniform.

However, I am, and will never be, jealous of a NASCAR town commuter school with the intent of starting up a football program.

Now. Back to me.

16-0.

Smell it.

XU Dozer
02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
fortyniner you need to take a lesson from that old song.....

you don't tug on superman's cape
you don't spit into the wind
you don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger
and you don't mess around with DC!

thefortyniner
02-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Smell it.

I do. It's called soap, man. You should try it.

Espe
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I do. It's called soap, man. You should try it.

Wrong. It's the glove.

thefortyniner
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
fortyniner you need to take a lesson from that old song.....

you don't tug on superman's cape
you don't spit into the wind
you don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger
and you don't mess around with DC!

This is the house of smack, is it not?

How much fun would it be if I took that lesson?

I will tug on Superman's cape. Superman is my bitch.
I will spit into the wind. The wind blows me.
I already pulled the mask off the old lone ranger. Then, I put it back. He's one ugly sonuvabitch.
And as far as DC goes... he's no Chuck Norris. I'll take my chances.

chico
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
This team will roll into Pittsburgh and show the Dukes what the flagship means. Vegas still hasn't caught on - 6 1/2? That should be the freaking halftime line.

We have 50 crazy fans invading their "arena" to show them what a true fan is.

You might want to give the snuggies to the Dukes, though, because this team send shivers down opponents' spines.

XU Dozer
02-07-2009, 01:43 PM
This is the house of smack, is it not?

How much fun would it be if I took that lesson?

I will tug on Superman's cape. Superman is my bitch.
I will spit into the wind. The wind blows me.
I already pulled the mask off the old lone ranger. Then, I put it back. He's one ugly sonuvabitch.
And as far as DC goes... he's no Chuck Norris. I'll take my chances.

It's not that it's not the place for smack niner, it's just that you are way out of your league when DC is on such a roll

thefortyniner
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
It's not that it's not the place for smack niner, it's just that you are way out of your league when DC is on such a roll

Who's more out of their league: Me or the Bengals?

XU Dozer
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Who's more out of their league: Me or the Bengals?

The Bengals? Where are you bring that from? Tell you what, do me a favor and focus your boys on beating the cryers on Sunday.

thefortyniner
02-07-2009, 07:02 PM
The Bengals? Where are you bring that from? Tell you what, do me a favor and focus your boys on beating the cryers on Sunday.

While I'm focusing on that, how bout your boys vs. Duquesne?

What's going on?

Please beat them... 15-1 will be much sweeter than 15-2.

thefortyniner
02-07-2009, 08:14 PM
DC Muskie... I hate to say this...

but...

Way to Jinx.

BiggieXU
02-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Is it that big a jinx after starting 8-0?

thefortyniner
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Is it that big a jinx after starting 8-0?
point taken. I didn't notice the date this thread was started.

still, save the 16-0 talk for when you actually are... 16-0.

Avoids sounding like the New England Patriots. 18-1 has gotta hurt.

Believe me, I wanted you guys to beat Doo-kez-nee just as bad as you did...

Too bad now that we can't chant 15-1 should we pull off the miracle at Halton.

Stonebreaker
02-08-2009, 08:47 AM
That blows.

DC Muskie
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
still, save the 16-0 talk for when you actually are... 16-0.

Man, I am sssooooo glad God didn't make me a Charlotte fan.

You only talk about stuff you have actually accomplished? So are you telling me if I wander over to the Charlotte board I'd see threads like this:

0-0!

or

50% from the Warm-up Line!

That is sad.

What fun is it for fans to talk about being 16-0 after it happens? Trust me, it's more fun to talk the smack during the run. Charlotte fans must talk smack when they have the runs.

15-1 baby. Get ready. Nothing is holding us back.

XUglow
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Me too, DC. You suffer enough as is. If he made you a Charlotte fan, that would just be piling on.

nuts4xu
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Me too, DC. You suffer enough as is. If he made you a Charlotte fan, that would just be piling on.

I too am glad God didn't make me a Charlott fan, but for just a couple of days I would like to live the life of xuglow (preferrably a weekend).

Stonebreaker
02-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Want to change the title to 15-1?

PM Thor
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I would gladly go 2-14 if both of Xaviers wins came against dayton.

I HATE dayton.

thefortyniner
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM

You only talk about stuff you have actually accomplished? So are you telling me if I wander over to the Charlotte board I'd see threads like this:

0-0!

or

50% from the Warm-up Line!

That is sad.

What fun is it for fans to talk about being 16-0 after it happens? Trust me, it's more fun to talk the smack during the run. Charlotte fans must talk smack when they have the runs.

15-1 baby. Get ready. Nothing is holding us back.

10-6

And I'm calling it now: Charlie Coley will dunk OVER Derrick Brown. None of this nuts-to-the-face that he gave Kaheim Seawright. He's going right over like he did on good ole Phil Jones (6'10, mind you... 6'10) at MM.

See, we don't only talk smack when we've got the runs...

...now, if you'll excuse me... I gotta drop one really bad...

American X
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I would gladly go 2-14 if both of Xaviers wins came against dayton.

Then you are a Class A MORON.

DC Muskie
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
10-6

And I'm calling it now: Charlie Coley will dunk OVER Derrick Brown. None of this nuts-to-the-face that he gave Kaheim Seawright. He's going right over like he did on good ole Phil Jones (6'10, mind you... 6'10) at MM.

Who's Charlie Coley?

danaandvictory
02-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Who's Charlie Coley?

He's the coach at Miami, you'd be shocked at his hops.

DC Muskie
02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
He's the coach at Miami, you'd be shocked at his hops.

Charlie Coley is going to dunk over Brown during the Charlotte game? Now I'm really confused.

thefortyniner
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Who's Charlie Coley?

Who is Charlie Coley?

Ask Stephen Curry. Coley posterized America's Favorite Poster Boy. Ask Kahiem Seawright, who got a great view of Coley's nuts.

Legend has it that Coley's incredible dunking ability was gained when he was given the winged shoes of Hermes himself. The shoes allowed him to fly over and around would-be defenders on his way to the basket.

Stephen Curry stood in his way. Stephen Curry got pwned. Kahiem Seawright stood in his way. Kahiem Seawright got teabagged. This is a man who shot down the so-called "flight club". Chris Wright thought he was the cat's meow after he dunked on nobody... until Charlie Coley took him to dunking school. Charlie Coley catches an alley oop below his chin and looks into the rim to see the dejected faces of the decimated defense below.

Charlie Coley dunked over a table and chair. Charlie Coley dunked over a man on an excercise bike. Charlie Coley dunked over 6'10 Phil Jones. 6'8 Derrick Brown will be easy.

Charlie Coley challenged Chuck Norris to a dunking contest. Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the judges and still lost.

Espe
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Who is Charlie Coley?

Ask Stephen Curry. Coley posterized America's Favorite Poster Boy. Ask Kahiem Seawright, who got a great view of Coley's nuts.

Legend has it that Coley's incredible dunking ability was gained when he was given the winged shoes of Hermes himself. The shoes allowed him to fly over and around would-be defenders on his way to the basket.

Stephen Curry stood in his way. Stephen Curry got pwned. Kahiem Seawright stood in his way. Kahiem Seawright got teabagged. This is a man who shot down the so-called "flight club". Chris Wright thought he was the cat's meow after he dunked on nobody... until Charlie Coley took him to dunking school. Charlie Coley catches an alley oop below his chin and looks into the rim to see the dejected faces of the decimated defense below.

Charlie Coley dunked over a table and chair. Charlie Coley dunked over a man on an excercise bike. Charlie Coley dunked over 6'10 Phil Jones. 6'8 Derrick Brown will be easy.

Charlie Coley challenged Chuck Norris to a dunking contest. Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the judges and still lost.

Oh, just like the first game. Maybe you can get 15 first half points next game.

thefortyniner
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh, just like the first game. Maybe you can get 15 first half points next game.

Charlie Coley will score 15 points himself.

DC Muskie
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Who is Charlie Coley?

Sorry not ringing a bell. But he sounds like he should be in X Games, or the circus.

thefortyniner
02-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Sorry not ringing a bell. But he sounds like he should be in X Games, or the circus.

Pretty sure he actually looked into the X-Games thing...

But after he saw what became of Tony Hawk... with the getting bored and starting a clothing line and whatnot... Coley decided to dunk on people.

XUglow
02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Who is Charlie Coley?

C'mon, DC. Coley is averaging 9 pts per game in about 30 minutes per game and has lead UNCC to 12th place in the league, AND they are only one game behind St. B for 11th place! Get with the program. We are talking about THE Charlie Coley!

thefortyniner
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
C'mon, DC. Coley is averaging 9 pts per game in about 30 minutes per game and has lead UNCC to 12th place in the league, AND they are only one game behind St. B for 11th place! Get with the program. We are talking about THE Charlie Coley!

At least Charlie Coley can beat Dayton...

XUglow
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
At least Charlie Coley can beat Dayton...

Yes, I would say at the very least, but you guys do have 2 wins, don't you?

thefortyniner
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, I would say at the very least, but you guys do have 2 wins, don't you?

Yes. We beat UMass as well. Ironically, UMass is Dayton's only other conference loss.

Transitive property says we own their souls.

note: it's depressing how far I have to reach now to bring anything to the smack board table.

XUglow
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Charlotte basketball smack talk...

http://www.midgetmafia.com/images/midget_wrestling.jpg
Buddy, we are ahead of GW and Fordham, and don't you forget it!

thefortyniner
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Charlotte basketball smack talk...

http://www.midgetmafia.com/images/midget_wrestling.jpg
Buddy, we are ahead of GW and Fordham, and don't you forget it!

Dude... don't underestimate the tenacity of a midget.

PM Thor
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Dude... don't underestimate the tenacity of a midget.

Believe us, we know. We just lost to Brian Gregory.

I HATE dayton.

GoMuskies
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
This thread is for the women's team? 10-0 so far.

X-band '01
02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
This thread is for the women's team? 10-0 so far.

The best they can do is 14-0, but that's looking like a very real possibility with Temple being the only road block left on their schedule.