PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems

waggy
01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
What systems do others here run?

Picked up some anti-virus pop-up BS on my computer, and before I figured out how to get rid of it I downloaded Internet Explorer 7. I tried Firefox twice now, and have had problems with it both times.

My windows version is XP Home - original to hard drive from Dell factory. I like the new page views of IE7 and pages load fast (which is a big problem I was having with Firefox, along with pop-ups).

My problem since downloading IE7 is on pages like this forum the scrolling functions are "jumpy" - not smooth. Almost like the computer can't respond quickly enough to the input from the mouse. However, all other functions are fast.

I'm currently downloading service pack 3 for windows XP, hoping that solves the problem. Any ideas from others running/encountering something similiar. Thanks in advance.

wkrq59
01-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Waggy. Please contact Guy Fawkes38 to verify what I am about to tell you.
You have only one problem--MICROSOFT or as my son-in-law calls it Micro-Sh!t. Your operating system is one that is always susceptible to viruses, worms, trojan horses, and BSODs, (Blue Screens of Death) indicating a system crash.
Your solution is simple, if you have a computer with a cd-dvd attachment internal or external. The solution is also FREE. GuyFawkes38 has the PCLinuxOS disc I gave him, a disc my son-in-law downloaded from the internet and burned.
The Linux -operating systems NEVER have viri, worms, Trojan Horses or BSODs. I've used several Linux based oses for 10 years now and never had a problem. I've used several Linux Mandrivas with firefox and other browsers. I've used PClinuxOS, two versions, and never a problem and my system automatically updates itself if I set it to do so.
It would take way too long to explain Linux and with my limitations, I wouldn't be accurate.
Seriously Waggy, contact me at daybear813@gmail.com
and I'll try to help. Do not invest any more money in anti-virus or pay to have someone "fix" your computer. Your best solution is free and no matter where you're located, I should be able to help.:D

GuyFawkes38
01-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Yes, Q is 100% correct (he showed me the light a while back). I was expecting to encounter some issues with the transition. But it couldn't have gone smoother.