PDA

View Full Version : Mortensen gets lippy

Muskie
01-05-2009, 08:21 AM
From TSN (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=503548)

Mortensen said in an e-mail that he stands by his report.
"The Raiders have lost the privilege with me of running stories past them for comment," he said. "This stems from their history of denials to most stories I have reported -- as well as others in the media -- when those stories have eventually proven to be true. The latest example is I reported that Al Davis planned to interview Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and, of course, the story was trashed by a team spokesman."

Mortensen later clarified his comments.
"Upon further review, I should not have qualified any potential communication with the Raiders as a 'privilege,"' he said. "I'd say they have repeatedly diminished and discouraged efforts to reach out for an official comment based on the repeated denials of prior stories. It also would be an assumption on their part that I have not had any contact with the Raiders while reporting on this story."

Despite his clarification, this attitude is why lots of people hate the four-letter network.

drudy23
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GoMuskies
01-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Despite his clarification, this attitude is why lots of people hate the four-letter network.

I have no problem with him giving this sort of attitude to the Raiders. They surely deserve it.

XU05and07
01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Raiders deserve everything they get...Al Davis needs to remove his head from his @$$

Smails
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Al Davis died 2 years ago.....think "Weekend at Bernies"

Jumpy
01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Imagine how much Marvin would whine about ESPN sending another reporter to do Mort's job if he had said that about him.

Kahns Krazy
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
That's so gay.

xudash
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Al Davis died 2 years ago.....think "Weekend at Bernies"

Exactly what I think of when I infrequently consider that douchebag. He never made it out of the 70s. His polyester count must be 95%.