PDA

View Full Version : The road gets tougher

XU-PA
01-01-2009, 09:11 AM
I'd have to say that looking at the season thus far, and the rest of the way, Coach K-Mac is a genius for his scheduling alone.

My case for raising him to that level.
Right now according to the rpi, which I think is more improtant that the polls, XU is #30.
The have good wins (over top 100 rpi teams) over Indiana, LSU, Kentucky, Mich State and Georgia. Only one loss to a team over 100 rpi (Cincinnati).
His SOS ranking is at #36, pretty lofty for little Xavier? Lofty but necessary because he has 16 games left in the regular season, and 8 of those are against teams with rpi less than 100. I would guess he and his staff new the A-10 was rising to this lofty status, and the out of conference season was scheduled to prepare this group for a very difficult road.

Best of luck, I think they are as ready as they can be!

Bigbluebrotha
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Amen! Obviously the staff thought they'd be able to make some noise with Harris and Tashia and went after it. With Harris out, I think a 12-4 non-conference record is quite an accomplishment. The bigger names in the group are all in the top five in their various conferences and you never know when one will catch fire.

Happy 2009 to all, I'm interested to see how it all turns out for our ladies!