PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Near The Cintas

Woodburn
12-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Just arranged last minute tickets for tonight's game. http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif I'm in Indy, and due to work, we will be pushing it to get into town by game time. Any rec's for a close hotel? I know it's an obvious question, but I haven't been back to campus in a couple years. Thanks in advance...

drudy23
12-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I would just stay downtown...5-10 minute drive.

xeus
12-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I agree with drudy - stay downtown.

Lamont Sanford
12-23-2008, 09:35 AM
The Quality Inn on Montgomery Rd in Norwood has the Wings and Rings on the first floor though. You might be able to pick up a nice Norwoodian for the night.

xeus
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
The Quality Inn on Montgomery Rd in Norwood has the Wings and Rings on the first floor though. You might be able to pick up a nice Norwoodian for the night.

Um, until a couple months ago I seem to recall you and your wife were Norwoodians. Just sayin'.

XU-PA
12-23-2008, 09:55 AM

Nice Norwoodian?? As in nice to talk to?? Nice to look at? Either way, very very rare species!!

Not that I'd be afraid of downtown, but it's either a dump and you park on the street (or did that place close down) or you pay $300 for a room and the parking garage.
I'd go to the Union Centre area, stayed in a Marriot up there in the spring, very nice, good staff, breakfast buffet. You just have to control the gag reflex when the see the UC initials on the I-75 overpass.

The Artist
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
My vote goes to blue ash.

Smails
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Nice Norwoodian?? As in nice to talk to?? Nice to look at? Either way, very very rare species!!

Not that I'd be afraid of downtown, but it's either a dump and you park on the street (or did that place close down) or you pay $300 for a room and the parking garage.
I'd go to the Union Centre area, stayed in a Marriot up there in the spring, very nice, good staff, breakfast buffet. You just have to control the gag reflex when the see the UC initials on the I-75 overpass.

Union Center is South Dayton. The Hyatt, Westin or Hilton downtown are very nice and the rooms are not expensive. Plus, being on fountain square this time of year is pretty cool. Huge Christmas tree, outdoor ice rink, train display...downtown is where it's at.

ballyhoohoo
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
If you are coming from Indy and gte off at Mitchell, there is the Holiday Express right at the exit. White Castle just down the street for late night snacking

Lamont Sanford
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Um, until a couple months ago I seem to recall you and your wife were Norwoodians. Just sayin'.

Touche. But we're not nice former Norwoodians. We've been naughty this year.

ATL Muskie
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Snipe's house.

payday
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Here's a link to a deal I saw on Travelzoo this morning for the Millenium Hotel downtown. $69.00, supposedly 40% off. May be worth considering...

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/chicago-hotels/506730

blobfan
12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
If you are coming from Indy and gte off at Mitchell, there is the Holiday Express right at the exit. White Castle just down the street for late night snacking

That or the one downtown are probably the best bets. I think the Westin on a weeknight is $159 or less and that would be right over the square.

Who the heck wants to drive in from Indy and stay in a hotel in West Chester? Unless they want to hit IKEA the next day, it would make just as much sense for them to stay in Florence.

jdm2000
12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Stay downtown. West Chester will have plenty of folks shopping anyway, which will make your drive out there a nightmare.

If you're looking closer to campus, you could try the Marriott at UC. But it's at UC.

Has anyone stayed at the Vernon Manor recently? I stayed there a few years ago, and it was sort of a cooler older hotel.

Otherwise, go with the Hilton, Hyatt, Westin, or Millenium downtown.

LyonsIsFlyin
12-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Union Center is South Dayton. The Hyatt, Westin or Hilton downtown are very nice and the rooms are not expensive. Plus, being on fountain square this time of year is pretty cool. Huge Christmas tree, outdoor ice rink, train display...downtown is where it's at.

Dude, that is harsh. I happen to live up here and I take major offence to that. Though it isn't the best place to stay right now, major traffic in union centre and 747, sucks.

Muskie91
12-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I know its in the axis of evil, but there is a Marriott over by University Hospital. I think its called Kingsgate. As we all know from the crosstown shootout, that's less than 4 miles from the Tas...