PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dayton... The fun continues...

Titanxman04
12-14-2008, 11:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/whodeyflya/turbulance.jpg

God, that whole city sucks.

Flyer1407
12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Lurking pretty hard on UDPride huh? ;)

We have been kidding about that for awhile.

Titanxman04
12-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Can't sleep and online videos of West Wing and South Park can only keep me busy for so long. Shouldn't of had that coffee at 8... Dumb move.

xu15
12-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Not that I care either way...but obviously your creepin too 1407

Flyer1407
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Not that I care either way...but obviously your creepin too 1407

I like this board, specifically the A-10 part of it. It's a nice change of pace for Pride.

DC Muskie
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
1407 seems to be the last time Dayton won a tournament game. Is that where you got your handle from? From the glory days of Dayton basketball in the 15th century?

No seriously, Dayton was totally awesome before Christopher Columbus discovered America. Dayton was the talk of the unknown continent.

Flyer1407
12-15-2008, 04:23 PM
1407 seems to be the last time Dayton won a tournament game. Is that where you got your handle from? From the glory days of Dayton basketball in the 15th century?

No seriously, Dayton was totally awesome before Christopher Columbus discovered America. Dayton was the talk of the unknown continent.

Indeed it was, they were actually talking about the upcoming Final 4 trip. When it was discovered it was magnificent. Don't worry I'm sure Xavier will cross the Atlantic and get there....one day.

Cheesehead
12-15-2008, 05:20 PM
X's Final 4 is coming soon my friend. UD's took place before I was born, so you can't talk too much smack. They might be relevant again in another 40 years.

DC Muskie
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Indeed it was, they were actually talking about the upcoming Final 4 trip. When it was discovered it was magnificent. Don't worry I'm sure Xavier will cross the Atlantic and get there....one day.

This is what you come back with? Agreeing with me that it has been centuries since Dayton was relevant in college basketball? Holy Vasco de Gama Batman!

We now have electricity, democracy, and three point line son. You need to realize this isn't King Richard III's England you are in. Although it's a continuation of the winter of your discontent.

I just went medieval on your ass. How's that for a change of pace?

Flyer1407
12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Pissing matches on a message board, is pointless. So I wont poke the fire anymore, especially on a Xavier board. However, tradition is important to every program and I don't understand why any fan would belittle the past. Xavier celebrated an NIT championship from back in the day last year. I'm sure Xavier is proud of it, just as Dayton is proud of their past accomplishments.

XURunner85
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
But Xavier keeps having accomplishments to add on to the NIT one. What has Dayton got...........hmmmmm....nothing.

DC Muskie
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Did I miss something? Are we not in the House of Smack?

Be Gone lover of 1967.

Be Gone admirer of short shorts and games against guys named Digger.

Be Gone and don't come back.

boozehound
12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Pissing matches on a message board, is pointless. So I wont poke the fire anymore, especially on a Xavier board. However, tradition is important to every program and I don't understand why any fan would belittle the past. Xavier celebrated an NIT championship from back in the day last year. I'm sure Xavier is proud of it, just as Dayton is proud of their past accomplishments.

History is important, but it becomes less relevant when you haven't had any real success in 2 decades.

Notre Dame won a lot of football games wearing leather helmets (or no helmets at all) but that is cold comfort to their fans lately.

vee4xu
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
There is ancient history and recent history. ud fans have to reach waaayyyy back into ancient history for any success. The Roman and English Empires were great too, but now that America has been kicking ass for almost 300 years, who the hell remembers that?

ud = Roman and English empires

XU = The great US of A

Flyer1407
12-16-2008, 12:52 AM
There is ancient history and recent history. ud fans have to reach waaayyyy back into ancient history for any success. The Roman and English Empires were great too, but now that America has been kicking ass for almost 300 years, who the hell remembers that?

ud = Roman and English empires

XU = The great US of A

Who remembers the Roman Empire? That's the analogy you come up with? One of the most studied and highly thought of societies ever. Are you complementing UD or trying to put it down?

X-band '01
12-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Who remembers the Roman Empire? That's the analogy you come up with? One of the most studied and highly thought of societies ever. Are you complementing UD or trying to put it down?

Whether intentional or not, that gaffe right there fits the thread perfectly.

vee4xu
12-16-2008, 08:06 PM

You know what point I'm making. Not even a ud fans are that dumb. Are they? If so, then let me help you. The point is not that ud's success is forgotten, but that it has been supplanted by something much more recent and better. Hope that helps genius.

DC Muskie
12-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey Flyer-

I was watching the Hornets last night and couldn't help but see not one, not two, but three guys from the A-10 playing for New Orleans. And two of those guys went to Xavier. That's pretty cool huh?

I was flipping through the channels to see where I could find the Dayton grad play. I'm a big fan. I couldn't find anything, maybe you could help. Which one is it on?

Masterofreality
12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I was flipping through the channels to see where I could find the Dayton grad play. I'm a big fan. I couldn't find anything, maybe you could help. Which one is it on?

Try cable access channel 69 that carries the road conditions. You'll see an orange traffic cone.