PDA

View Full Version : D. Brown vs Chris Wright...Who is Better?

XavierDayton
12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Being a fan of Xavier and Dayton, I was asked by a UD fan who i though was better. I told him that was a tough question, but gave Wright a slight edge just so we wouldn't get an argument. I think it is a toss up. Both are freak athletes. D. Brown is a better shooter. I think Wright is better at driving to the basket. I would give Brown a slight edge at rebounding. I really don't know who is better. Both could be playing at the next level in a couple years.

Snipe
12-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Brown is more mature and a better player. Chris Wright is legit. That kid is good.

jcubspoe
12-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Pandora's box is now open.....shades of Burrell vs Brob? I'm sure we'll always here from X fans that DB is a champion, warrior, ect, ect....even if CW is proven to be a better player. Obviously I'm biased, but CW is better...more explosive. Look at the numbers. CW has played almost 2 years less basketball and is putting up better numbers everywhere...PPG, RPG, STL, and Blocks. I know, I know....if DB played for UD he'd be putting up better numbers then CW cause he would have too. Offensively there really isn't much difference but on D CW is clearly ahead, unless you don't believe the numbers.

DB is probably more polished at this point and doesn't look as raw as CW but the sky is the limit for CW.

A fan of both? Ummmmm...ok. I'm a fan of both the Red Sox and Yankees too.

BlueGuy
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Being a fan of Xavier and Dayton...

Strangest thing I've ever heard.

Tardy Turtle
12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Being a fan of Xavier and Dayton

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/dctownes/headasplode.gif

XavierDayton
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Thats what happens when you are born and raised a xavier fan then go to dayton for school

American X
12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Being a fan of Dayton

I fixed your post.

Swifty
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I would say hold back on this for a little bit. What is the sample size on Wright at this point, like 18 games or so. And what good teams has he played at this point, Marquette and Louisville for sure and that might be about it. He really didn't play against Pitt and he didn't play much against Ohio State although the dunk was nice. Nothing against the kid I think he is a beast but I would like to see him play some A-10 games and actually go up against D Brown at least once before I say who is better. And jcubspoe while I will acknowledge that Wrights numbers are better except for ft shooting, 3pt%, and assists it must be figured into the equation that D Brown has not been playing at full strength to start the year. I will say though that it bodes well for Wright that he is being compared to Brown in his second year out of high school when Brown is in his fourth. Wright should be something to see the next few years.

jcubspoe
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
I would say hold back on this for a little bit. What is the sample size on Wright at this point, like 18 games or so. And what good teams has he played at this point, Marquette and Louisville for sure and that might be about it. He really didn't play against Pitt and he didn't play much against Ohio State although the dunk was nice. Nothing against the kid I think he is a beast but I would like to see him play some A-10 games and actually go up against D Brown at least once before I say who is better. And jcubspoe while I will acknowledge that Wrights numbers are better except for ft shooting, 3pt%, and assists it must be figured into the equation that D Brown has not been playing at full strength to start the year. I will say though that it bodes well for Wright that he is being compared to Brown in his second year out of high school when Brown is in his fourth. Wright should be something to see the next few years.

I can agree with this. The thing I like about CW is that, as you said, he's only played about 18 games (22 actually I believe with about 4-5 of those being in very limited minutes due to injury) and is, imo, further along at this stage then what DB was. The question is, will CW continue to get better this year and next and in so doing leav no doubt as to who was better? That's the issue at this point.

blobfan
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Pandora's box is now open.....shades of Burrell vs Brob? ...

What's a Brob?

American X
12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
What's a Brob?

When your dog eats something off the sidewalk, then a few blocks later comes to a halt, goes into the full body heaves, and yacks up the mystery item. That's a Brob.

XUOHTX
12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Thats what happens when you are born and raised a xavier fan then go to dayton for school

How do you sleep at night?

PMI
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I went through a stage where I was actually both a blood and a crip. Dayton gear worked very well as a matter of fact.

Raoul Duke
12-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I went through a stage where I was actually both a blood and a crip. Dayton gear worked very well as a matter of fact.

Did you ever give anyone the fluffy fingers (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffy%20fingers)?

Smails
12-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Your parents deep down are ashamed of you

DC Muskie
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Are we talking about the Real Chris Wright, or the Fake one?

Because if we are talking about the Real Chris Wright, then I would say it's impossible since they play two different positions. But if we are talking about the Fake Chris Wright, well I don't talk about made up people.

I don't buy into the Fake Chris Wright myth. He stole another player's name, who is legit, and he plays for Dayton. He's like Dayton's wet dream.

Seriously. Dayton made this kid up from pixie dust and pop rocks. Local kid stays home, takes the Flyers to the Final Four, goes first round to the NBA.

Yeah right Dayton fan. And I'm going to hump Mika Kelly all day on Thursday because I she's so into my personality.

So back on topic. The Real Chris Wright is a good player. The Fake Chris Wright does not exist. I'll go with Kaw Kaw.

DC Muskie
12-09-2008, 05:05 PM

What the hell?

Did you live under power lines as a kid?

vee4xu
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
You have to be from another planet to even consider comparing Brown with Wright. The question doesn't even dignify a response, but that never stopped me before. Brown is so much better and seasoned than Wright and has accomplished so much more that to compare them is like comparing Superman (Brown) with Clark Kent (Wright).

jdm2000
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
It's hard to tell. On the one hand, D. Brown had 16 rebounds in 16 minutes or whatever in the NCAA as a freshman.

On the other hand, Wright is apparently outrebounding Brown this year.

On the other other hand, Wright plays next to Huelsman, so there are a lot more rebounds available to grab, if you know what I mean. Brown plays next to J. Love, a rebounding machine.

On the one hand, Brown can make a jumper consistently. On the other hand, Wright can jump really high.

I'll go with Brown.

jdm2000
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM

Hmmm....

This doesn't compute on so many levels....I feel like the computer forced by Matthew Broderick to play Tic Tac Toe at the end of WAR GAMES...

PMI
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I think DC is talking about Georgetown's (and *spit* St. John's High School) Chris Wright. He's nasty, but is a guard. No Dayton player is better than D Brown, and that would be Derrick Brown, not Dee Brown of the piss-poor Wiz Kids.

Smooth
12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Could Mighty Mouse beat up Superman?

Have you ever seen the movie Stand By Me? In one particular scene, the boys debate whether or not Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman. One kid says "No way. Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman is a real guy. There is no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy."

I think we all know who Superman is.

nuts4xu
12-10-2008, 06:47 AM
When Chris Wright wins a championship, plays in the post season, or even plays a full season--you might be able to compare the two. Until then, CW will be classified as a very good dayton player. Way too soon to even compare the 2.

It's apples to oranges at this point. Brown is a champion and is in his 3rd season. CW has played one injury filled season which ended with no post season. Brown took his team to the elite 8 last year. What tournament did CW play in last year? I honestly can't remember?

Why in the world would someone raised a Xavier fan even consider dayton? Did you ignore all the banners and relevance that is up on that Cintas Center wall when you were at the games?

jdm2000
12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Why in the world would someone raised a Xavier fan even consider dayton? Did you ignore all the banners and relevance that is up on that Cintas Center wall when you were at the games?

As Cinderella once sang, "You Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone." Perhaps he/she went to Dayton to allow them to better appreciate the goodness of Xavier.

blobfan
12-10-2008, 01:10 PM
When your dog eats something off the sidewalk, then a few blocks later comes to a halt, goes into the full body heaves, and yacks up the mystery item. That's a Brob.

Aaah! That's why it sounded familiar. I get the Dayton link now. Everytime my dogs make that sound it comes with a smell that reminds me of driving on I-75 somewhere around mile marker 53.