PDA

View Full Version : Crosstown Choke

xubball93
12-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I hope the men don't play a second on Saturday the way the women played the final 5 minutes today...ugly.

Bigbluebrotha
12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Listened to the game on Web and it seemed as if our ladies in blue were outhustled to a bunch of loose balls. A lot of stuff batted around that the Bearcats simply got to first.

Statistically UC won the second chance points and I guess that where today's shortfall rests, also more turnovers for XU.

The Bearcats won the hustle categories and thus the keep the Kendle Cup. Maybe fatigue set in finally. Three games in a week and 10 games in about 25 days is a lot.

Hopefully a wake up call for XU.

The team gets a full week to think about it.

McGuff now 3-4 against UC.

On a side note, Mike said St. Bonaventure beat Michigan State during today's broadcast, so the next game just got that much more interesting. MSU was No. 21 in one of the polls.

I'm afraid our ladies may no longer be ranked after today.

Ugh! It was all going to so well.

XUfaninJAX
12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Even a blind cat finds a ball of yarn...

cinskyline
12-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Here's the big stat --- 2nd half 3 point shooting:

UC --- 6-13 46%

XU --- 0-8 0%

Add that to the fact that UC shot 50% overall in the 2nd half and you have a recipe for a late loss.

On the plus side, Special and April really played well today. April really seems to be getting a lot better at PF.

XURunner85
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
the 2nd half was so bad, we were shooting one and done and not getting rebounds after getting alot of rebounds in first half...but shot selections were bad, turnovers were awfull. I turned it off with less than 2 minutes to go, I couldn't take it....