PDA

View Full Version : When do we let Dayton know that they arn't that good?

Theo Huxtable
12-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Dayton's biggest win isn't even a quality win according to the RPI. So when do we let UD know that they can't compete with XU? Do we let them know now or should we let them beat up on the cupcakes until they play us? I would rather have UD lose every game and the A-10 be dead last then see those arrogant punks have any success. I hate UD and I hope they show their true colors really soon. They are like a prostate exam. Everything looks good on paper but then you have to inspect them and thats when you realize they are full of Sh!t. When Xavier beats them this year it will totally make the fans understand just how far behind they are when it comes to a real program. Congrats on your huge win against Mercer and Bethune Cookman. Xavier is winning against good competition and they are playing like crap. This Christmas lets all thank God we are not UD fans. It has to suck to go to a school where White trash is the majority and the only exciting thing is that we just beat an awesome Mercer team. UD fans you must face the truth. Sure you might have a better record than Xavier once out of 20 years but eventually Jimmy Carter will be dead and you still won't win in Cincinnati. UD is a fraud and we will all find out very soon how much of a joke that program is.

Swifty
12-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm no UD fan by any stretch, but we should all be thankful for what they've done so far. Without them there won't be a chance for any quality wins in the conference. And RPI means little right now, Marquette was ranked, maybe overranked, but they are an NCAA team nonetheless.

Theo Huxtable
12-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Why would we want to be thankful for them? They belong in a different league than us. I expect UD to beat us at there place this year but they can't compete against a real team like Xavier. They are like rent in roll,. It looks great at first but eventually you have to face reality. You might have the funds at first, aka players, but when it comes to paying the bill, you got nothing. Dayton is a joke and it's time we get rid of them. I rather play Duquesne 12 times a year than play a pretender like UD. Screw UD!!!!!!

Swifty
12-05-2008, 02:06 AM
I expect UD to beat us at there place this year but they can't compete against a real team like Xavier.

If they can't complete then how would they beat us?

AdamtheFlyer
12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
According to the RPI, Xavier's wins against Mizzou and VT mean nothing. According to the RPI, UD's win over Wofford is better than X's win over Memphis. Man, thank goodness the RPI means everything in basketball.

We really don't know how good anyone is outside of UNC and Gonzaga.

mr. zimpher
12-05-2008, 07:20 AM
According to the RPI, Xavier's wins against Mizzou and VT mean nothing. According to the RPI, UD's win over Wofford is better than X's win over Memphis. Man, thank goodness the RPI means everything in basketball.

We really don't know how good anyone is outside of UNC and Gonzaga.

I'd say Notre Dame has stated their case pretty well so far.

Smails
12-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Get a grip Theo...nevermind, not possible. Like it or not, this is not your Father's UD team this year. They are far and away the the closest thing to XU talent-wise this crap ass league has to offer. Barring a complete meltdown, they'll be dancing in March and competing with us all year for the A-10 crown.

Kahns Krazy
12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
They are like rent in roll,. It looks great at first but eventually you have to face reality. You might have the funds at first, aka players, but when it comes to paying the bill, you got nothing.

Why do I have the feeling that you're the kind of mope that is a "Rent and Roll" customer?

etyahla24
12-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Barring a complete meltdown, they'll be dancing in March and competing with us all year for the A-10 crown.

Barring a complete meltdown...hmmm:rolleyes: But in all seriousness, you gotta root for anyone in the a-10 at this point who is gonna put a legit out-of-conference record, beat a good team or two and help us out. Who gives a shit it you can't spell Dump without UD. I'll root for Dayton until February 11 as well as anyother A-10 team that might actually win a game this year. So Imma put my Red Wings Shirt (Cuz God knows i would be rather dead then dawn the Red and Blue) and pull alittle for that school up North in the name of X!!!

Frank D.
12-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Get a grip Theo...nevermind, not possible. Like it or not, this is not your Father's UD team this year. They are far and away the the closest thing to XU talent-wise this crap ass league has to offer. Barring a complete meltdown, they'll be dancing in March and competing with us all year for the A-10 crown.

I'm no UD hater and by no means do I think this is going to happen again, but how quickly we forget last year when Dayton was the darling of college basketball in November and December after wins against Pitt and Louisville. How'd that turn out? What evidence is there that this is not your "Father's UD team". They've done nothing of note in recent years and just because they are off to a hot start does not really mean anything.

Could they continue this success and have a very good year? Of course - they appear to be very talented. But let's not get carried away here.

XUFinale
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Gotta agreee with Theo more for the essence of the arguement rather than the substance, while they may be the bringing the non-confernce standings of the league up, that doesn't surpass the need for some good ol'fashioned ignorant ass UD bashing. If UD lost every game from here on out I would be ecstatic, not because I want Xavier's league to weaken, but because UD is filthy piece of wet garbage. As far as I am concerned when I am bashing UD I don't really need evidence supporting my arguement, ya know why, because its UD....and they are vermin. They are up on their kool-aid thinking this is the year they actually take us, I agree with theo to say to them, no, you guys aren't half of us, you guys haven't won in Cincinnati since before I was born. So while i agree more with the responses in a basketball sense, the inner fan in me says that I should probably give them a heads up that they will drop a game against Fordham.

blobfan
12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
It pains me to type this and the Smack board may not be the most appropriate place to share this opinion. I'm sure a few posters will have profound trouble with the concept. I apologize.

Thank goodness for UD so far this year!

Unless a couple teams in the conference make a decent showing, we'll have to sweep the board, or come close, in order to get the respect we deserve come selection Sunday. Three wins over a ranked team could really help, particularly given our history of not being able to win the regular season and the tournament in the same season.

Still, you won't see me sporting UD colors. I'll just sigh with relief whenever they post a win.

On a side note, can I just say how greatful I am that they made Janell change their ad on the big board back to red and white? The first time I looked up and saw red and blue on OUR board inside OUR arena and is wasn't part of a UD player headshot, I felt ill.

nuts4xu
12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
dayton still blows.

XUOHTX
12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I grew up hating UC, then I went to college. I found that UD is far worse. I love beating UC and hate them during the shootout, but I hate Dayton all the time. I hate them when they play good teams, bad teams, A10, non-conference, anytime. Their fans/students are the worst. They consistently put an inferior team on the court and nothing makes me happier than watching them walk off their home court after a beating by X. I am a realist and realize that at some point we have to lose at UD and its going to hurt badly. But until then I relish in every opportunity I get to say I Hate Dayton.

DC Muskie
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Remember when Dayton was good?

No, me neither.

PMI
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't mind Dayton being competitive. I hope we beat them 4 times this year.

Michigan Muskie
12-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd say Notre Dame has stated their case pretty well so far.

Didn't UNC open a can o' whoop-ass on the Irish already?

Masterofreality
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
An ugly come from behind win against that power Akron tonight 54-50.

AdamtheFlyer
12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Which gives them one more road win than Xavier this year.

PM Thor
12-06-2008, 10:35 PM
dayton sucks donkey balls, and they wil be exposed soon enough. Just wait, it is coming. It's inevitable.

I HATE dayton.

Stonebreaker
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Don't they already know?

Theo Huxtable
12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
UD is up to its old tricks again. They finally play a good team on the road and they choke just like they always do. Now they are using excuses like this loss will make them better. They are young and they have to go through growing pains. They are talking about how awesome Creighton is and how they shot the lights out. Let me put this in a language they all can understand. Dayton is Dayton and what that means is you are a nice little Div I school which will make the NIT a lot and maybe get a bid in the big dance. However, your recruits no matter how good they look on paper are nothing but DIV I duds not studs like Xavier gets. Dayton once again will fall hard just like they did last year. I understand Creighton is a good team and Xavier has lost up there before but to all the UD fans who think they have turned the corner, think again. YOU SUCK!!!!!! and I love it :)

xu95
12-11-2008, 11:27 AM
The good news is I was very close to putting Dayton in my Top 25. Now I don't have to.

xu95

Cheesehead
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
This is the season that the Midget finally gets fired. Dayton will choke once again. For the A-10's sake, I wish they were better but just are not. It's not XU's fault that UD blows. Maybe they should hire Jimmie Binnie as Director of Basketball Operations.

XUOHTX
12-12-2008, 08:56 AM
I love having hatred threads for Dayton and UC going at the same time.

vee4xu
12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
This is the season that the Midget finally gets fired. Dayton will choke once again. For the A-10's sake, I wish they were better but just are not. It's not XU's fault that UD blows. Maybe they should hire Jimmie Binnie as Director of Basketball Operations.

Cheese, I agree that ud's fate this year will mirror past year's misery by the time the season ends. Where I hope you're wrong is that the midget gets fired. I want him to stay there as long as possible. He's the best thing that happened to provide outside help to XU's program in a long time. In fact, Xavier should have a recognition day for Gregory and place his name on the Wall of Fame for all of his help.