PDA

View Full Version : Boothe's #33 to be retired

X-band '01
12-03-2008, 06:41 AM
It was announced during last night's game that Tara's #33 will be retired in a pregame ceremony against New Hampshire on Friday, January 3. Tara is currently an assistant coach at UNH on Kristin Cole's (another former McGuff assistant) staff.

xubball93
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
That is very cool and well-deserved. Boothe definitely ranks high among the great Lady Muskies.

XU-PA
12-04-2008, 06:03 AM
That is very cool and well-deserved. Boothe definitely ranks high among the great Lady Muskies.

"high" is the understatement of the world.
Nearly every offensive record belonged to her. Scoring, field goals attempted and made, free throws attempted and made, as well as rebounds.
As she left XU Boothe she was all everything, and the one mark she set, along with classmate Kristy Wallner would have to be classified as the tough as nails mark, a start in every game in her 4 years at X. Through all the nagging little injuries, and some big ones, she was there.

You guys might not remember, but I think she was a freshman for the big 4 OT game vs GW at the Cintas Center. STarted as usual, finished as usual, in fact did not come out of the game, played 60 minutes! After the game statistically she was averaging over 40 minutes per game for the season!
Boothe was everything that Xavier needed her to be, was a shining example for her team mates and for players to come. I think that the success they have now, might be in part due to the success she helped create, nothing like some wins and some star power to attract recruits. The retiring of #33 is long overdue. Her records give our current superstars plateaus to aim for.

I just wish I good be there to announce, Boooooooooooooooooothe!!!

Muskie
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I noted to my guest at the Miami game that the Women's "retired jersey" section of Cintas was lacking. Good to see Tara being honored.

X-band '01
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
To be fair, all the retired jerseys to date (with the exception of Fr. Hoff) are 2,000 point scorers; only 4 men and 2 women have reached that mark to date. Boothe will fill the void for the women; I suspect the reason Sato hasn't had his jersey retired is because Steve Thomas had just as notable a career (if not more so) than Sato did.

I'd love to see the Three Musketeers (Phillips, Levandusky, and Tuukkanen) of 2000-01 also have #5, #20, and #40 retired, but I don't want the retiring of jerseys to be cheapened, either.

XU-PA
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Agree 100% and more x-band.
Those 3, along with Retta and Amy put XU on the map with the elite 8 appearance, and really paved the way for the current success.
Remember that our guard duo did something no other guard pair in D-1 ball had done, 500+ assists and 1000+ points.
Very hard to be 2000 point scorers when the lineup is that balanced. Amy was 14.2 ppg in her career, Taru 14.1, Levandusky 13.8 and J-Phil 13.6 and Retta 11.
So could you retire one of those jerseys without the other 4??