PDA

View Full Version : Football mini helmets

coasterville95
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I was posting this over at musketeerfootball.com (http://www.musketeerfootball.com) and thought some others might be interested in the mini Xavier football helmets the club team is selling as a fundraiser.

Details are being worked out on how they are going to sell them.

Right Side View: (This forum has a 4 pics per post limit so to see the left side you will have to hold this photo up to a mirror)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/3075506957_83c1ba0bc7_m.jpg

Front on view, what our opponents admire:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3029/3076338630_fa19110880_m.jpg

Back view, what they see after we get past them and are running to glory:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/3076339164_955bca7e8a_m.jpg

Inside view, note the padding to protect your mini XU football players head!:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3155/3076339416_b356485162_m.jpg

Muskie
12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm definitely in for one or two. Any idea on how much?

XURunner85
12-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I am definitely in for one or two also........

kyxu
12-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd be in as well.

coasterville95
12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
They were $35 at the games this year, or by mail order.

They are working on details for web sales.

Strange Brew
12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm definately in for one, possibly two.

ATL Muskie
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Hell yeah, those are sweet!

Muskie
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
how big a "mini" helmet?

XUOHTX
12-03-2008, 03:03 PM
hell yeah i want one!

i wonder why they went with the XU instead of just a big X on each side.

Muskie
12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
hell yeah i want one!

i wonder why they went with the XU instead of just a big X on each side.

Wanted to keep them from looking like St. X's?

coasterville95
12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
According to the football board, they are still working out sales details with the vendor.

A far as size, I'd guesstimate about 6" long front to back, maybe 5" tall, somewhere in that ballpark.

I think the XU as the logo is meant to be a throwback to the helmets worn in the 60's-70's but that could just be a wild guess. I'm also thinking that might get them around licensing, trademark rigths and all that kind of stuff.

nickgyp
12-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I have been serving as an an intermediary for these football orders. I am hoping to talk to the rep this week about direct sales through the football web-site. If that fails, then I will post the order forms on this site. Stay tuned.

Muskie
12-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I have been serving as an an intermediary for these football orders. I am hoping to talk to the rep this week about direct sales through the football web-site. If that fails, then I will post the order forms on this site. Stay tuned.

awesome Nick... if you want me to post something on the front page let me know.

XUOHTX
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
awesome Nick... if you want me to post something on the front page let me know.

Maybe we can get a Xavierhoops link on their forum as well. Since we know this is "Our Home for Xavier Musketeer Basketball!"

Muskie
12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Maybe we can get a Xavierhoops link on their forum as well. Since we know this is "Our Home for Xavier Musketeer Basketball!"

Hey... it doesn't bother me :)

People know where to find us. :)

nickgyp
12-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Still haven't heard back from my local rep but did place a call to him so as soon as I can post on how to order these helmets I will. As for the helmets' look, coach Powers advised me early on in 2006 that he wanted the club team's uniforms to resemble the ones last worn by the Xavier gridders in during the last years.

As someone who remembers those uniforms and even has a 1973 season poster, I remembered those uniforms to be very sharp including the white helmets with the multi blue stries as well as the "XU" slanted on the sides. When I first saw the team's helmets in the fall of 2006, I was impressed by the way they looked. Similar but a bit updated. The blue stripes and "XU" are darker than the ones from 1973 but very classy looking.

Anyone who saw the team this year in the first Miami game at Withrow HS when X debuted its white jerseys had to be impressed at how the team looked. Very sharp.

Last year, one of the player's parents had a custom XU mini helmet made for his son but I never could connect with that maker so I "re-invented the wheel" with my local supplier who worked with the photos I sent him and developed the mini you see. The results speak for themselves.

Many football organization use minis as a way to make money for the teams and the arrangement I have so far is very informal. But in a very tangible way these helmets lend credence and legitimacy to Xavier football. (maybe someday it would be nice to sell these via the bookstore.)

XUOHTX
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I have an empty spot next to D'Artagnan on my bookshelf in my office for a mini helmet. Way to make this happen Nick

Muskie
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I have an empty spot next to D'Artagnan on my bookshelf in my office for a mini helmet. Way to make this happen Nick

What kind of D'Artagnan? A stuffed one? A statue?

ATL Muskie
12-05-2008, 01:12 PM
What kind of D'Artagnan? A stuffed one? A statue?

http://www.birman.net/taroncats/Taron's%20D'Artagnan.jpg

nickgyp
12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
ATL:

If that is D"Artagnan and it is on a shelf, it must be stuffed but back to the helmets. I did receive a response from the local rep and he is amenable to direct sales via the web-site. I have e-mailed him the form that I have been using so far and I am hoping that he edits it into a form that I can post here.
I am working out the arrangements where a portion of the proceeds go to the club team directly from the seller. I have been forwarding orders w/payments to him save for the team's cut which I will donate to the team soon; and he would continue to need the order w/payment up front prior to making and sending the helmet (an arrangement that has worked fine thus far).

I will keep you all posted.

Muskie
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Cool Nick :) keep up the good work!

nickgyp
12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Guys still working out details on the helmets; I haven't forgotten; just need to speak personally with representative. I will keep you posted.

XUOHTX
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks man!

Sasha
01-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Wow, I just stumbled across this today. I graduated from X in '04 and have been in Texas, so man am I out of the loop.

I really want one of these helmets. I bet other alums would, too. Let me know when you get more info.

On a totally different note... someone mentioned that they had a picture of the old helmets. Is the mini helmet the same, or is it different? The reason I ask is that there's a site that this guy maintains called the Helmet Project (http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/). He's trying to find every helmet out there, including ours. So far, he hasn't been able to get a picture of a Xavier helmet from back in the day. Any chance someone has a pic they could throw up here?

Keep up the good work!

nickgyp
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Sasha and all:

I have not forgotten about the helmets; the holidays kinda diverted my attention away from this but I will be posting a new order form where the helmets cab be ordered directly form the gentleman with whom I have been dealing. Sasha: the minis are based on the older helmets but they are not the same. I may be able to post a picture of the old helmet from an old poster I have from 1972. I am aware of the helmet project site but I have not taken any formal steps to get a picture to the host.

Stay tuned.

XUOHTX
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow, I just stumbled across this today. I graduated from X in '04 and have been in Texas, so man am I out of the loop.

I really want one of these helmets. I bet other alums would, too. Let me know when you get more info.

On a totally different note... someone mentioned that they had a picture of the old helmets. Is the mini helmet the same, or is it different? The reason I ask is that there's a site that this guy maintains called the Helmet Project (http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/). He's trying to find every helmet out there, including ours. So far, he hasn't been able to get a picture of a Xavier helmet from back in the day. Any chance someone has a pic they could throw up here?

Keep up the good work!

He messed up and has us as getting rid of football in 1984.

nickgyp
01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Mini helmet order form: Just Print and complete and mail to Moe: Thanks for your patience!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier Mini-Helmet Order Form.
Please Complete this Form and mail to:

Maurice C. Lang, III
dba Moe’s Minis
1448 Evencrest Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45231-3310

Please include a check in the amount of $35.00 per helmet made out to “Maurice Lang, III”. Once your order and check is received, the order will be processed and the helmet(s) will be sent directly to you at the address listed on this form.

If you do not receive your order in 3-4 weeks, please contact me at (513) 515-1670 or at my e-mail address “moesminis@yahoo.com” and the status of your order will be determined. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these helmets will be donated to the club team.

The initial response to these helmets has been very positive and I am pleased to be a part of Xavier football. I appreciate your business and I look forward to providing you with a mini helmet that you can proudly display in support of Xavier football.

Xavier Mini helmet order form Date ordered: ____/______/______

Name: __________________________________________________ ____________

Street: __________________________________________________ _____________

City: _____________________________________________

State: _____________________________________________

Zip: ________ Ph: _______________________________

e-mail (if available):____________________________________

No. of Helmets::________ X $35.00 =$________________

******** Save a copy of this form for your records********

Jumpy
01-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Awesome. Already printed and ordering two. Thanks for bulldogging it, nickgyp.

XUOHTX
01-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Yes! Filling out the order form right now

nickgyp
01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
My initial order forms that were available at the football games included my hopes and thoughts that maybe someday these helmets would become available at the bookstore. Obviiously, I am biased but I think they are sharp and a very tangible sign of support for Xavier football. If the team can garner some financial support via the sales then that is good but even if the sales did not generate money for the team then I still would be of the opinion that the visibilty factor lends credence to what coach Powers and the guys are doing over on Victory Parkway.

XURunner85
01-07-2009, 07:44 PM
thanks nick...printed my form out, just need to decide if it is going to be one or 2 helmets...

nickgyp
01-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Runner:

Go for two; and use one as a hood ornament. Then you need to hook up your horn to the Muskie fight song...........

Muskie
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I'll be sending mine tomorrow.

nickgyp
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
How are the helmet orders going? Anyone?

nickgyp
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Just wondering: Anyone order and receive a helmet yet?