PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Ineptitude

Masterofreality
11-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Gawd, this league sucks.

Is there anybody out there any good? Furd-ham loses to Princeton, the second Ivy league team they've lost to. Richmond loses, St. Joes loses. I guess we can take heart by that GW win over the UMBC powerhouse by 6 points though.

Maybe Rhodee, who blew their game against Dook? Maybe Temple? Should I really think that Dookcane is for real? Ron Everhart is their coach. We all know about u dump.

Ms. Commish has done a good job on the TV side. Let's hope she can institute some standards to be met. This is sickening.

Fireball
11-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, I think we've gotten to the point with the A-10 where Memphis is in CUSA and Gonzaga is with the WCC. We'd better schedule STRONG out of conference, because we can't count on the other A-10 teams to help us at all.

Look at last year...some teams in the conference actually did well in their out of conference and put themselves in a good position, only to have those teams blow it in their conference play.

UD should be better than that. St Joe's should be better than that. Charlotte should be better than that. Those three programs have really disappointed me.

I don't expect much out of the rest of the conference.

jdm2000
11-27-2008, 09:45 AM
The Flyers have a real opportunity to help the A10 this weekend against Auburn and Marquette.

Masterofreality
11-27-2008, 02:32 PM
The Flyers have a real opportunity to help the A10 this weekend against Auburn and Marquette.

OMG! Now we're relying on the cryers to save the conference?

Don't count on it- from either the team or the midget.

AdamtheFlyer
11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I think we've gotten to the point with the A-10 where Memphis is in CUSA and Gonzaga is with the WCC. We'd better schedule STRONG out of conference, because we can't count on the other A-10 teams to help us at all.

Look at last year...some teams in the conference actually did well in their out of conference and put themselves in a good position, only to have those teams blow it in their conference play.

UD should be better than that. St Joe's should be better than that. Charlotte should be better than that. Those three programs have really disappointed me.

I don't expect much out of the rest of the conference.

That's the thing. In conference play doesn't matter near as much as OOC. Just look at UD last year. 14-1 OOC, 8-8 A10, ended #32 in the RPI, thanks in large part to A10 success OOC. Xavier took 3 of its top 50 wins from UD. A weaker UD might have put X as a 4 or 5 seed, and that may have changed the entire complexion of X's tourney run. At the end of the day we want strong play OOC, then let the conference play out however it may. The teams that succeed will benefit greatly, and those that struggle won't be hurt as much. Richmond going 6-10 in A10 play wouldn't hurt the league one bit if they were, say, 10-3 OOC.

It's the teams that go 5-9 OOC, 9-7 A10 that hurt the league. The A10's problem is having too many 5-9 OOC records.

Three weeks in and this year looks rough for the league as a whole OOC. We're already 4 games off the great WH's pace, and he admits to being conservative in his predictions.

And from tonight:

Arizona State 84
Charlotte 56

Yikes. Charlotte is an absolute disaster right now. I'm not sure they even have a true SG (Ian Anderson maybe, but he looks like more like a SF), let alone a capable point.