PDA

View Full Version : I hate turkey

Muskie
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Channeling Guyfawkes.

I actually dislike turkey.

Stonebreaker
11-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I'll take yours. I love the turkey sandwiches after Turkey Day.

boozehound
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I'll take yours. I love the turkey sandwiches after Turkey Day.

I am actually not a huge fan of turkey myself. I prefer the stuffing. My Dad always makes stuffing with bacon and big chunks of sausage in it. That's where it's at.

Stonebreaker
11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Pecan pie. Mashed potatoes and gravy. MMMMM

eXdrummer
11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I love turkey, but hate turkeys. Dumbest animal ever...

American X
11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Channeling Guyfawkes.

It ain't cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.

xeus
11-25-2008, 09:48 PM
It ain't cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.

Trading Places. Nice one.

"What is ya, ignorant?"

Back to turkey - how do you NOT like turkey? Do you not like basic lunch meat turkey either? How about ground turkey burgers?

waggy
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
So you'll be having S-car go?

BiggieXU
11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not a huge turkey fan either, stuffing is where it's at, and mashed potatoes and gravy.

Snipe
11-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I like Turkey Day because it is one of the few days that I get to drink during the day and it is socially acceptable.

Do any of you crack beers or mix drinks while watching football and eating? I know that some do and some certainly do not. On my turkey day with relatives alcohol is encouraged. Betting on the games is too. My brother in law puts down money on-line and then I drink, eat and root for him to win money.

As for turkey itself, I prefer chicken.

GuyFawkes38
11-26-2008, 02:11 AM
There's no better feeling than watching a football game and feeling tired from those turkey chemicals which bring on sleepiness.

Smails
11-26-2008, 07:47 AM
It's the only day of the year that I eat cooked Turkey...I prefer dark meat (insert joke). It is also socially acceptable to be drinking by noon at my gathering. We actually start tonight with a bunch of red wine while my mother in law cooks the stuffing and then pick it up in the morning with bloodys and beer over football.

It's great to be an American

Jumpy
11-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm not a huge turkey fan either, stuffing is where it's at, and mashed potatoes and gravy.

You don't like turkey, but you like the bread that was shoved up it's ass to cook? There must be a piece of the puzzle missing.

I like freshly cooked turkey. I don't like leftovers and I despise the slimy lunch meat turkey.

Juice
11-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I believe in the holy trinity of thanksgiving: turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes with gravy.

I dont mess around with anything else besides those three because then you are just wasting space in your stomach for the other three.

Nigel Tufnel
11-26-2008, 08:57 AM
For those of you who don't like turkey, try deep frying one for Thanksgiving one year. I deep fried a turkey about 8 years ago and now my family demands it every year.

And for those who say deep frying isn't healthy...who cares? Its Thanksgiving.

I will say this....once you have deep fried turkey, chances are you will find a regularly baked turkey inedible.....

sweet16
11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
There's no better feeling than watching a football game and feeling tired from those turkey chemicals which bring on sleepiness.

"Tryptophan..........I think"

Jumpy
11-26-2008, 10:59 AM
For those of you who don't like turkey, try deep frying one for Thanksgiving one year. I deep fried a turkey about 8 years ago and now my family demands it every year.

And for those who say deep frying isn't healthy...who cares? Its Thanksgiving.

I will say this....once you have deep fried turkey, chances are you will find a regularly baked turkey inedible.....

Deep fried turkey is definitely the way to go. For all of you first timers out there, just don't be one of the 15,000 people that burn their house down doing it every year. And I can speak from experience (not firsthand, I just happened to watch a friend do it) even though the oil may not look very hot, IT IS. Do not stick your hand in it.

XUglow
11-26-2008, 11:03 AM
"Tryptophan..........I think"

Absolutely. Nothing like drug-induced sleep.

nuts4xu
11-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I like Turkey Day because it is one of the few days that I get to drink during the day and it is socially acceptable.

Do any of you crack beers or mix drinks while watching football and eating?

I certainly do. Vacations and Holidays are 2 of the exclusions to the "no beer before noon" rule I have about drinking. I usually do not start before noon, unless it is a holiday, I am on vacation, or there is an early Xavier game.

Other than that, I mostly never drink before noon.

American X
11-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Do any of you crack beers or mix drinks while watching football and eating?

Are you kidding? My Mom asks me to pop a bottle of champagne the moment we get home from church. Beer, wine, whiskey, poker, and cigars all day long. I have been to bachelor parties that are tamer than AmX family thanksgiving.

even though the oil may not look very hot, IT IS. Do not stick your hand in it.

But do throw an ice cube in it.

Jumpy
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
But do throw an ice cube in it.

Never thought about that. Does it explode?

American X
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Does it explode?

Like Derrick Brown and Jamel McLean riding a ballistic missile on a fast break.

Stonebreaker
11-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Hating turkey is rediculous. Especially when deer meat is the real culprit. What's the deal? That stuff is awful, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't taste like chicken.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/image/funny/funny_305.jpg

PMI
11-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I am amazed by the lack of turkey lovers here. There are few meals I'd rather have than a Thanksgiving dinner.

PM Thor
11-26-2008, 03:56 PM
I really dislike the entire Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey? It's OK, but I won't go out of my way to get it. Mashed potatoes? gross. Cranberries? Disgusting. Stuffing and gravy? What the heck, not a fan. What about the jello with mini marshmallows? What?

Then there is pumpkin pie. Who thought this one up? In what other capacity is pumpkin ever eaten except when you spit the seeds? The texture and flavor remind me of vomit.

The only thing I like is the green bean casserole. The only redeeming dish on Thanksgiving.

I will be sneaking a big old ham sammich on Thanksgiving. Ham, the food of the Gods.

I HATE dayton.

Jumpy
11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I really dislike the entire Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey? It's OK, but I won't go out of my way to get it. Mashed potatoes? gross. Cranberries? Disgusting. Stuffing and gravy? What the heck, not a fan. What about the jello with mini marshmallows? What?

Then there is pumpkin pie. Who thought this one up? In what other capacity is pumpkin ever eaten except when you spit the seeds? The texture and flavor remind me of vomit.

The only thing I like is the green bean casserole. The only redeeming dish on Thanksgiving.

I will be sneaking a big old ham sammich on Thanksgiving. Ham, the food of the Gods.

I HATE dayton.

I honestly think that you are the first person I've heard of that doesn't like mashed potatoes. I really don't know how I feel about that. I feel kinda icky.

Stonebreaker
11-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Let's face it. Turkey is a whole lot better if you don't have to prepare the meal.

BiggieXU
11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
You don't like turkey, but you like the bread that was shoved up it's ass to cook? There must be a piece of the puzzle missing.

I like freshly cooked turkey. I don't like leftovers and I despise the slimy lunch meat turkey.

The stuffing I eat is cooked in a pan, I don't know what you are talking about.

For Snipe, alcohol is HIGHLY encouraged in my family by everyone but Grandma.

gladdenguy
11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Thor, nothing is more depressing than the Easter meal of ham.
Raisin sauce on ham could put me in a much deeper state of depression.
Thanksgiving dinner is the best meal of the year, and like a previous poster I too prefer dark meat.

PM Thor
11-27-2008, 12:35 AM
On the scale of meat Ham is closer to Bacon than Turkey is, so Ham obviously beats Turkey every time, since Bacon is the Bob Barker of the meats.

I HATE dayton.

Fred Garvin
11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
I'll be at my brother's in Lebanon on this turkey day(notice I call it turkey day).

Today he informed me we'd be having ham for Thanksgiving. I called my other brother and he declared this "sacriligious."

I knew it wasn't just me.

And for the life of me I can't understand why someone would dislike mashed pots. And I'm not just talking Thanksgiving; I've been known to order a side at PRC when I'm going for the Gravy Grail.

XU-PA
11-27-2008, 05:36 AM
Annual ritual.
Several hours after dinner, when there's just enough room made. Has to be made without anyone else knowing it so I can get the prime leftover cuts.
One sandwich on cheap white bread, little stuffing, little cranberry sauce, lots of white meat. Tryptophan heaven!

Those who dislike the bird, INFIDELS!!!!!

PM Thor
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I will admit the Bird is the word.

I HATE dayton.

PMI
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
On the scale of meat Ham is closer to Bacon than Turkey is, so Ham obviously beats Turkey every time, since Bacon is the Bob Barker of the meats.

I HATE dayton.

Ham doesn't hold a candle to turkey, but their good mixed. I agree about bacon. It makes everything better.

Kahns Krazy
11-28-2008, 08:04 AM
I am amazed at the turkey haters. I can only assume you've had some poorly cooked turkeys in your time. A perfectly cooked turkey is one of the most delicious things on earth, and crispy chicken skin is almost as yummy as bacon. (Nothing is actually as yummy as bacon). Stuffing cooked in the bird, and homemade gravy from the turkey drippings. Deeeeeeeeelicious.

It's not all that hard to screw up cooking a turkey though. Overcooking and failing to let the meat rest for a minimum of 20 minutes after coming out of the oven can absolutely ruin a turkey.

I'm going to go make some bacon.

nuts4xu
11-28-2008, 08:24 AM
I will admit the Bird is the word.

I HATE dayton.

Oh you haven't heard? You haven't heard...that bird is in fact, the word? Oh ok.

DON'T YOU KNOW BIRD IS THE WORD, WELL EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT BIRD IS THE WORD!!

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/features/health/theskinny/blog/griffinpeter.jpg

Muskie
11-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Trading Places. Nice one.

"What is ya, ignorant?"

Back to turkey - how do you NOT like turkey? Do you not like basic lunch meat turkey either? How about ground turkey burgers?

I don't mind ground turkey... it's just the turkey texture I guess for lack of a better explanation.