PDA

View Full Version : UMass Blows

dc_x
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
They lost at home to Jacksonville St. Jacksonville St. was picked to finish 10th in the OVC this year.

It's being reported that Doug Wiggins (transfer from UConn) is being suspended indefinitely for breaking and entering (link (http://www.dailyhampshiregazette.com/umsports/blog/index.cfm/2008/11/24/Wiggins-suspended)).

I thought this team would be really good this year with Lowe and Harris in the backcourt. But so far, the Derek Kellogg era has been a disaster. Once you lose at home to Jacksonville St. you can pretty much kiss your NCAA at-large chances good bye.

PMI
11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Same old A10 story. We always hear about these other teams not called Xavier who will be good this year or in a couple years, and we hear how the league will be much improved and blah. blah, blah. I refuse to believe it until I see it anymore. As far as I'm concerned, we should go 16-0 in this conference every year, maybe with an upset loss to Temple or St. Joe's every once in awhile. These other teams seem to have talent and experience and everything else and then they piss away easy non-conference home games and hurt all of us a little bit more in the long run. Which brings me to my next ground-breaking idea. Has anyone ever wondered about joining a new conference? Discuss.

Smails
11-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I do believe I just typed exactly what PMI said..so now there's an edit

This crap happends every year..we should do a preseason poll next season to guess which A-10 team barfs all over the floor in the OOC only to dash the post season hopes of an A-10 bubbler