PDA

View Full Version : Some humor from the UD Pride board

jdm2000
11-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Allright, confession time. Come basketball season, I really get into checking out the buzz around the internet. I go to the A10 board, here (obviously), UC boards occasionally, and other random links (for example, I spent lots of time at the Marquette board when they were conducting their coaching search). So I end up seeing a lot of these college message boards.

Which brings me to this: I don't think I've found anything weirder than a current thread at the UD Pride board. http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6802. I'm not completely clear on what happened here, but apparently it involves two UD fans--one who hates Ohio State football, one who loves it--a private message made public, and plenty of allegations about the posters' former lives on and off the internet. And it looks to be a popular thread.

Someone please tell me--what the heck is going on here? Adam? Anyone?

AdamtheFlyer
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Allright, confession time. Come basketball season, I really get into checking out the buzz around the internet. I go to the A10 board, here (obviously), UC boards occasionally, and other random links (for example, I spent lots of time at the Marquette board when they were conducting their coaching search). So I end up seeing a lot of these college message boards.

Which brings me to this: I don't think I've found anything weirder than a current thread at the UD Pride board. http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6802. I'm not completely clear on what happened here, but apparently it involves two UD fans--one who hates Ohio State football, one who loves it--a private message made public, and plenty of allegations about the posters' former lives on and off the internet. And it looks to be a popular thread.

Someone please tell me--what the heck is going on here? Adam? Anyone?

John R, the dimwit of UDPride, goes out of his way to disparage OSU whenever possible, because he knows most UD fans root for OSU football, while he does not. He even started a thread titled "Oh-Oh NO" after the USC game (which admittedly was funny, but unoriginal).

So when someone responds privately, away from the board, he just had to litter the board with his drivel that no one cares about.

I read the whole thing and lost 20 IQ points. Even for the internet...it's pretty shocking.

BiggieXU
11-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Was that last line an obscure Office quote, Adam? I'm impressed

jdm2000
11-24-2008, 09:21 PM
John R, the dimwit of UDPride, goes out of his way to disparage OSU whenever possible, because he knows most UD fans root for OSU football, while he does not. He even started a thread titled "Oh-Oh NO" after the USC game (which admittedly was funny, but unoriginal).

So when someone responds privately, away from the board, he just had to litter the board with his drivel that no one cares about.

I read the whole thing and lost 20 IQ points. Even for the internet...it's pretty shocking.

Thanks for the explanation. This John R doesn't seem to be a very popular guy over there, but he is also a "Brigadier General" for whatever that's worth.

AdamtheFlyer
11-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Was that last line an obscure Office quote, Adam? I'm impressed

I'm impressed someone got it, to be honest. If only UD Pride were as entertaining as Creed.

BiggieXU
11-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I have all the DVDs and watch them A LOT, maybe it's sad I got it.

AdamtheFlyer
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
It's not sad. I've been known to pop in a DVD and watch some episodes on a rainy day. Season 2 and the last half of season 3 were amazing.

Cheesehead
11-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Adam: no offense but I guess I don't care enough to waste the time. I started reading it and then I was like, "I don't care." I waste enough time on this board.