PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Invitational

Flyer1407
11-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey guys, heading to Chicago to see UD play Auburn and Marquette this weekend. I know X went last year, wanted to see if you guys had any good places to eat / do and what not.

Also I know they have a club section, that you can get into during games or in between games and get something to eat. I got floor seats, does anyone know if I can get into it with those seats or do you have to have the club seats?

Thanks guys. And congrats on the win against Memphis.

muskiesdominate23
11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Flyer1407......hey there are a couple great resteraunts that are very good just out side the arena.......if you look there are alot of little great restraunts too..

muskiesdominate23
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM

BBC 08
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
*note...be sure to give credit to everyone who replies by cliking on the yellow star in their box.

You take the term rep whore to a whole new level. Also, we capitalize our words and use basic English grammar on this board.

muskiesdominate23
11-24-2008, 02:26 PM
What in the world are you talking about i never said that

xeus
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
What in the world are you talking about i never said that

I'm going to borrow a line from the great Cleo McDowell:

"Son, I'm only gonna tell you this once. You want to keep posting here, stay off the drugs."

payday
11-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Flyer 1407,

Re: Club - can only get into the Club with Club Seats - they checked ticket stubs at the door last year.

Re: Restaurants - couple chains around the Mariott, but the Sears Center is out in the middle of nowhere. If you go back toward Schaumburg, there are hundreds to choose from, but good luck fighting Black Friday shopping traffic.

Flyer1407
11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks payday

X-band '01
11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Flyer1407, is there a reason that UD already has both Auburn and Marquette lined up as direct opponents? Last year, they had a 4-team pod set up for the Chicago Invitational Challenge - Xavier was only guaranteed the game against IU after beating Kent State and IU had beaten Illinois State.

Flyer1407
11-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Flyer1407, is there a reason that UD already has both Auburn and Marquette lined up as direct opponents? Last year, they had a 4-team pod set up for the Chicago Invitational Challenge - Xavier was only guaranteed the game against IU after beating Kent State and IU had beaten Illinois State.

Not really sure.

The guaranteed games are UD vs Auburn, UD vs Marquette, N. Iowa vs Auburn, and N. Iowa vs Marquette.

The other 4 teams there will play a tournament.

xu95
11-26-2008, 08:21 AM
The arena is in the middle of nowhere. You will have to drive to get to any place good. About 10 miles a way is a Rainforest restaurant. I thought it was pretty good.

xu95

Muskie
11-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I believe they've changed the format slightly for more guaranteed match-ups this year.

Flyer1407
11-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I know last year you guys had more of a tournament set-up but did you guys just have the 4 teams there?

The last 2 home games vs Bethune Cookman and Mercer are part of the Chicago Invitational and then the 2 games in Chicago vs Aurburn and Marquette.

I believe Mercer, Bethune Cookman, Chicago State, and Texas Southern play the early games and play a tournament. And then N. Iow, Marquette, Dayton, and Auburn get guarantee games.

Thanks for the advice on the Rainforest Cafe. I went a while back and had a great time and will make it back this year.

payday
11-26-2008, 02:27 PM
There were 4 smaller college (although still Div. 1) teams who played each other, and 4 major college teams who did likewise. Last year, the winners played for the titles (both divisions) and the losers played for 3rd place. Not sure how it will work this year.

payday
11-26-2008, 02:33 PM
wanted to see if you guys had any good places to eat / do and what not.

Last year we drove up on Thanksgiving and had Thanksgiving dinner at Harry Caray's in Rosemont, about 30 minutes from where we stayed in Elgin. Reservations are necessary! Nice buffet dinner, with turkey and all the trimmings. Pretty reasonable, too, from what I remember - about $20 per head.