coasterville95
11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
They go for $40 each at catstix.com

Mark 3 Pointer
11-24-2008, 07:40 AM
He speaks the truth I just got mine.

The Artist
11-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I was planning on waiting until the students didn't claim them.

xavierdude
11-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I was planning on waiting until the students didn't claim them.

Same here. Then they sell them for like 25 or something.

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't wanna take that risk. Just got a boatload of them. PM me closer to gametime, I might have some leftovers.

GoMuskies
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I was going to say that someone should buy a block of these. I checked and it would have let me buy 10. Unfortunately, I won't be in town.

The Artist
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't wanna take that risk. Just got a boatload of them. PM me closer to gametime, I might have some leftovers.

I didn't take the risk either, I just thought that was the only way to get them.

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I was going to say that someone should buy a block of these. I checked and it would have let me buy 10. Unfortunately, I won't be in town.

Yeah I figured I would have a lot more fun there with 10 of my friends being drunk and obnoxious with me. And the more X fans I bring with me, the bigger the X cheering is and the smaller the UC cheering is.

Win win.

xeus
11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
I just bought 6 in section 115. Where are the rest of you guys sitting?

coasterville95
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I didn't even try lower bowl, I saw the tickets for sale and thouhgt lower would be gone.

I'm in 221, that's centercourt, but I'm up high.

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 09:52 AM

I have about a dozen in section 116

ballyhoohoo
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Section 115 lower bowl, bringing another X fan. Spread the word to all X fans you know, lets turn 5/3 blue

The Artist
11-24-2008, 09:59 AM

115 as well. I think I'm row L, seats 5-8.

danaandvictory
11-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm in 221. Should have gone for lower bowl. I agree we need to spread the word. I went to the UC-UD game with friends a couple of seasons ago and the UD presence in the upper bowl was unreal, probably at least 50-50. Laughed the Bearcats right off their home floor.

Obviously this is going to be a bigger deal since UC sucks substantially less and it's the Shootout but if we can get a couple thousand X fans in the building it can't hurt.

Muskie
11-24-2008, 10:01 AM
The system must be down. I can't get in.

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 10:02 AM
It may have become overloaded.

I am bringing 12 X fans with me, we will have an entire row in 116. We should all buy up as many tix as we can afford, even if we don't need them. We will have no trouble finding X fans to take them off our hands in a couple weeks.

Jumpy
11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Sweet. I'm in for 4, section 115, just like you, xeus. I'm in row 13, seats 1-4. You?

coasterville95
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I just bought two more - this time in 115.

I'll probably put the 221 tickets up on eBay after UC sells out.

Edited to add:
Just got my email from UC - thats 115, row 16.

Note: I just checked all the usual Cats boards - not a word of the single game onsale on those boards yet. Let's hurry up and get a nice big beautfiul block of blue and white going on in the student section.

drudy23
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
What's the "fan friendliness" at an X-UC game in the Shoe?

Is it like being in Cleveland for a Browns-Bengals game (horrendous)...or is it like how we treat opposing fans at Cintas (I've never seen a problem).

The Artist
11-24-2008, 10:13 AM

Is it like being in Cleveland for a Browns-Bengals game (horrendous)...or is it like how we treat opposing fans at Cintas (I'm never seen a problem).

I've been to two X games at UC and have never had a problem.

And to correct my earlier post, I'm in row 11, not L

Muskie
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Just picked up 4 lower level.

Muskie
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Is support for UC basketball really this low? I count at least 50 tickets on here that were bought buy people this morning at face value. When was the last time that happened.

xeus
11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Is support for UC basketball really this low? I count at least 50 tickets on here that were bought buy people this morning at face value. When was the last time that happened.

2 years ago.

Muskie
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
2 years ago.

Seriously? It used to be IMPOSSIBLE to get a ticket to a XU-UC game at the Shoe.

West is Best
11-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Seriously? It used to be IMPOSSIBLE to get a ticket to a XU-UC game at the Shoe.

2 years ago I bought tickets to the game the night before from UC's online ticket office. Terrible seats, terrible game... but I was there for it. Apparently its a football school now.

Its going to be great to see all the Blue in the lower level.

Lamont Sanford
11-24-2008, 11:04 AM
xeus -

Will you be wearing your cape again this year?

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
JUST BOUGHT 10 MORE!

We are going to dominate this arena. I am so excited. I will post later if I have some leftover.

xu95
11-24-2008, 12:02 PM

I think I am sitting with Xeus in Section 115.

xu95

muethibp
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I think I am sitting with Xeus in Section 115.

xu95

I just bought 6 in 131.

The person that said that this happened two years ago was absolutely right; the student tickets went for sale and were easily purchased for at least a few days by anybody that wanted them.

coasterville95
11-24-2008, 12:31 PM
You are correct, but this time they went on sale WAY earlier than last year. Last year I think we had what 1 weeks notice if that?

But yes, last time around, practically anybody on MM that wanted a ticket could get one.

TheTruth
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
i got my tickets!

i think everyone should bring signs that say welcome to cintas south and other references as to how x owns the kittycats.

lets make uc feel like they are playing a road game

The Artist
11-24-2008, 12:38 PM
We *should* be undefeated going into that game (JINX).

Make no mistake, though, it will be our toughest test to date.

xeus
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
i got my tickets!

i think everyone should bring signs that say welcome to cintas south and other references as to how x owns the kittycats.

lets make uc feel like they are playing a road game

I don't know if you've ever been to a Shootout at the Shoe, but it's going to feel like anything but a road game for UC. There will be a few hundred Xavier fans in an arena of 13,000.

And you can do what you want, but my advice is to leave the signs at home.

Billy
11-24-2008, 12:44 PM

In my world, this is a rule to live by for all sporting events.

19 times out of 20, the sign being displayed is stupid and unfunny. Certainly not worth the effort it takes. Spend the time you have allocated to doing artwork, and use it to drink.

Lamont Sanford
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM

What about capes? Are they safe?

Jumpy
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
In my world, this is a rule to live by for all sporting events.

19 times out of 20, the sign being displayed is stupid and unfunny. Certainly not worth the effort it takes. Spend the time you have allocated to doing artwork, and use it to drink.

I disagree. For a pivotal matchup between GW and X on ESPN late in the '98 season, I believe, my brother and one of our friends spent all day making a sign for the game that night. The sign was supposed to read "You may have survived Valley Forge, but you won't survive the Mighty Musketeers!"

The sign that they so proudly presented me read: "You may have survived Pigeon Forge, but you wont survive the Mighty Musketeers!" Being the great brother that I am, I kept my mouth shut. Unfortunately, my dad saw the sign and informed them of their idiocy.

I was going to let those retards take the sign into the game and proudly display it in the student section, even if I did have to sit with them. That would have been stupid and VERY FUNNY.

Jumpy
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
And this sign (the one on the right) is definitely the 1:20.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/drdepoy/jj_is_redickulously_gay.w492.jpg

EDIT: on a side note, I think that is Hurley holding up that sign.

Ledantwan
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Maryland fans are hilarious and their hatred of Duke knows no bounds.

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah I mentioned in a thread the other day that I thought the MD-Duke rivalry was very underrated.

The hatred of Duke from Md is beyond any hatred I have ever seen in sports. It really is in its own category. That even includes DUke-UNC. The things you see at the Comcast Center during a Duke game can scar you for life.

LyonsIsFlyin
11-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I think the site is down still, no good, I want to get mine!!

Mark 3 Pointer
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=MBG&linkID=ucinn&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode

Here's a direct link to where you can buy them... there are still plenty available in the lower levels.

MuskieMark
11-24-2008, 02:03 PM
i just tried to do best available and they are trying to put us in section 131, but isnt that part of the uc student section? I plan on being very drunk and running my mouth so this could be something of a problem, anyone no the layout of this place?

xeus
11-24-2008, 02:06 PM
seating chart (http://ev12.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=ucinn/images/maps/fifth-third-arena-2008.jpg)

Drew's Crew
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM
i just tried to do best available and they are trying to put us in section 131, but isnt that part of the uc student section? I plan on being very drunk and running my mouth so this could be something of a problem, anyone no the layout of this place?

Here is the seating chart. I do believe the rally cats are on that baseline, but not in that section.
http://www.tickco.com/Images/CustomMaps/1539.GIF

muskiesdominate23
11-24-2008, 02:24 PM
hey man thanks for the info....good work

golfitup
11-24-2008, 02:44 PM
The Musketeer Blogosphere will be in section 131 as well. (row 12 seats 9 and 10) This is awesome!

coasterville95
11-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Here is another seating chart (http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/180333/2273), its crude and out of scale, so probably the only thing its good for is it tells you which way the seats are numbered in each section. It looks like unless you are dead center, the seats are numbered so the lower the number the closer to center you are.

AviatorX
11-24-2008, 02:54 PM
got 5 here...blue out anyone?

blobfan
11-24-2008, 03:14 PM
What about capes? Are they safe?

I imagine capes are about as safe at the Shoe as they are anywhere else on the planet. I suppose comic book conferences would be the exception. I think capes are de rigueur.

AviatorX
11-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I imagine capes are about as safe at the Shoe as they are anywhere else on the planet. I suppose comic book conferences would be the exception. I think capes are de rigueur.

Reminds me of the kid from Role Models, a movie I found absolutely hilarious.

xavierdude
11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
I remember two years ago we were all getting excited about a "blue out". There were about 40 Xavier fans in the section I was in. It wasn't even close to a "blue out"..and it won't be this year. I do plan on going, but don't expect there to be anything greater than a 15:1 ratio of UC:XU. I like going there, and I don't mind being hated. So it's a good situation for myself. There are just too many Xavier fans afraid of controversy, gunshots, etc. :)

AviatorX
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm in 131, does that seem to be where a lot of the other X fans who got tickets today are?

golfitup
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm in 131, does that seem to be where a lot of the other X fans who got tickets today are?

Appears to be the case. According to their seating chart, it looks like it's in the student section, or at the very least right next to it.

GoMuskies
11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
You can still buy blocks of ten upstairs at midcourt.

Pajama Joe
11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Man i wish i could go to this game.

AviatorX
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Appears to be the case. According to their seating chart, it looks like it's in the student section, or at the very least right next to it.

I sat in 115 which is a similar section on the other end, its not that bad. At least not in the midst of the students or anything.

coasterville95
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
From what I have seen there are some of us in 115, 116, 131, and maybe 130. Also some up in 221.

I sat in 114 for the Memphis game last year and really liked it, of course I could embed myself as an immitation UC fan in the middle of student central. Of course, as long as the game isn't the crosstown, I do root for them and actually felt kind of bad when they lost...

This year its the crosstown game, so I'm just glad there will be some more X fans in 115 to keep me company, should be a great time.

For fan-friendliness - just think of it as a business trip: Get In, Get the Win, and Get Out of there as fast as your legs can carry you!

xu95
11-25-2008, 08:12 AM
The wifey doesn't want to go, so if anyone in the lower section wants me to sit with them I will gladly buy one of your tickets.

xu95

muskieindent
11-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Went to the last 2 shootouts at the Shoe and sat in the upper section.It Sucks.I would stay home and watch on tv before sitting there again.That arena is a joke.What a collosal waste of taxpayer money.Cintas is so much better than that dump.Good luck parking.Just don't park in the Kroger lot or any other business lot up there.

xuthundercats
11-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I just picked up mine. I am in 127 Row L seats 9 & 10.

Bmuskie
11-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Is it like being in Cleveland for a Browns-Bengals game (horrendous)...or is it like how we treat opposing fans at Cintas (I've never seen a problem).

I have been to 5 Crosstown shootouts at the shoe and it depends from year to year. The first year I went I had people throwing ice at us and trying to pick a fight with my wife. Last time I had a lady get into my face and start screaming profanity at me for clapping and encouraging the muskies as they went into the lockerroom at halftime. I also had 3 people yell "F^&K Xavier!" at me and 2 more yell "Xavier Sucks!!" while I tried to use the restroom. Other years I had no problem. I sat next to some wonderful UC fans a few years back who talked to me about both teams, they were very nice and polite. They cheered hard for UC and not against XU and when it was over offered their congratulations to us XU fans that were there. So it depends on the year. I would definitely say that it is much better than anything you will find at ud arena.

Drew's Crew
11-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Nice. I am looking forward to going there with 14 very innhebriated friends. That should be fun.

dc_x
11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
I went to the Shootout in 1992 (UC's final four season). I was 12 years old. I vividly remember UC students heckling me and my dad in the parking garage outside the stadium.

I hate UC.

Snipe
11-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Went to the last 2 shootouts at the Shoe and sat in the upper section.It Sucks.I would stay home and watch on tv before sitting there again.That arena is a joke.What a collosal waste of taxpayer money.Cintas is so much better than that dump.Good luck parking.Just don't park in the Kroger lot or any other business lot up there.

That place is a joke.

coasterville95
11-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Update: I was just doing a status check, it looks like the lower bowl is gone except for scattered singles ( a search for 2 comes back empty, but 1 works), but blocks of 10 can still be had upstairs.

Drew's Crew
11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
That is unbelievable that after being on sale for days, UC fans have still not bought out the stadium for the FREAKING CROSSTOWN SHOOTOUT.

Pathetic.

gladdenguy
11-25-2008, 11:06 PM
That place is a joke.

I agree snipe. I went to the game 2 years ago, sat in the dark, looked at the rafters, and was extremely pissed even before the game started because I was so uncomfortable on my bench seat. I would much rather watch from home this year.

coasterville95
11-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Well, I can tell you how I found out, I have been checking catstix for crosstown tickets on a regular basis since UC put the majority of the single game tickets on sale. They withheld us, West Virginia, and Louisville) During a periodic check, I noted the Xavier Icon had been added to the select a game screen, with a note that the public on sale was Nov 24 at 8AM.

I bought mine then turned around and posted the notice here.

But, honestly, there has been absolutely ZERO hype regarding this game yet. Perhaps once the hype starts the tickets will move.

Snipe
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Well, I can tell you how I found out, I have been checking catstix for crosstown tickets on a regular basis since UC put the majority of the single game tickets on sale. They withheld us, West Virginia, and Louisville) During a periodic check, I noted the Xavier Icon had been added to the select a game screen, with a note that the public on sale was Nov 24 at 8AM.

But, honestly, there has been absolutely ZERO hype regarding this game yet. Perhaps once the hype starts the tickets will move.

I bet that West Virginia is a bigger ticket.

XU '11
11-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Obviously. About 60% of "UC" fans are not really UC fans, but rather Bob Huggins fans, and care way more about Huggy Bear than UC. The WVU game might be like a road game for the Bearcats.

coasterville95
11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I will have to agree that the fan game day experience in the top 10 rows of the upper decks is far from optimal. (read: The view sucks, the walk to/from your seat sucks, the seats themselves suck, the lack of any concessions topside sucks bigtime, which means the walk to the snack bar or restrooms from your seat sucks)

I'm happy I'm going lower bowl this year, that means just the seats themselves suck (still backless benches) but without all the other complaints.

From what I hear though, we are fortunate that Cintas is all chairs, even in the cheap seats, as I head that a lot of bigger name schools like bleacher style seats.

X-band '01
11-26-2008, 12:05 AM

That's why West Virginia is part of a 4-pack that UC is selling this year as opposed to Xavier. I'd love to see Nancy in the house for that game.

coasterville95
11-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Notice of the ticket on sale just hit the UC boards yesterday. For some reason they were under the impression the tickets went on sale on Tuesday. Didn't have the heart to tell them we had already been hitting it Monday.

IT was funny reading the "Let's buy em out before the X fans find out". Too late.

Jumpy
11-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Notice of the ticket on sale just hit the UC boards yesterday. For some reason they were under the impression the tickets went on sale on Tuesday. Didn't have the heart to tell them we had already been hitting it Monday.

IT was funny reading the "Let's buy em out before the X fans find out". Too late.

You did at least let thm know it was too late, right?

coasterville95
11-26-2008, 06:35 PM
No, that would require setting up an account and all that. Besides recall last time when we were under the mistaken impression we had whole blocks of seats and we were still pretty spread out.

If, though, by chance we get a glorious block of blue built, that would be nice.

XU '11
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I got seats in 206 today

MuskieMark
11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
got 3 in 221

Fred Garvin
11-27-2008, 02:36 AM

That's interesting, I'm a novice and only began buying single game tickets this year. But I did notice that UD doesn't sell XU single games at UD til Dec 1. What's that all about?

I notice a lot of guys like Snipe on here talk tough but are scared shytless to go to the Shoe or UD. And yet conservative Xeus has no trouble representing at either.

coasterville95
11-27-2008, 12:05 PM
It's all about trying to sell the multi game mini packs. I believe Dayton has us in a mini pack this year. The mini packs are usually built around one high demand game and then some other games they would have trouble selling. They then try to scare you into thinking the season ticket or the mini pack is the only way to get tickets to a particular game so people would pay $120 for XU, Rutgers, Providence and UConn, I believe it was. I'd imagine those seats are still being held out, so more tickets may go on sale closer to game day.

I'm guessing they learned from last time when the Shootout almost didn't sell out until midway through the day of the game.to put the singles on sale earlier.

UC also ends their quarter Dec 12 with exam week, so they will be on break, which is what we can thank for the lower level seats opening up. We are doing the same thing with the Premium Holiday Mini Pack, our three winter break games in the student section for about $84.

We also have mini packs, and I think we have played the same game, before I was full season, I would buy the mini pack that had the crosstown game in it, one year it was FAMU, St Bonnies, and UC, that's a grand mini pack.

X-band '01
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
That's interesting, I'm a novice and only began buying single game tickets this year. But I did notice that UD doesn't sell XU single games at UD til Dec 1. What's that all about?

I notice a lot of guys like Snipe on here talk tough but are scared shytless to go to the Shoe or UD. And yet conservative Xeus has no trouble representing at either.

I think UD opens up all the conference games for sale around December 1, not just Xavier.

coasterville95
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I think some UC students are going to be stunned, saw this on a UC board today:

Tymanh99 Wrote:

bearcats23 Wrote:
I heard from a Xavier fan that he got tickets in the student section through UC, which means the students didn't even buy out their free tickets. Absolutely pathetic student support if this is true. We used to camp out for days for shootout tickets, and now students aren't even selling out of free tickets to watch the shootout from 20 rows or closer. That's embarrassing. I don't give a damn if it's Christmas break or not, student tickets should sell out even if the game was on Christmas day. I love the student support for football, but I completely do not understand the lack of student support for basketball.

the student tickets weren't made available until this morning at 8...

That's good news. I doubt this guy was making it up to get under my skin, that's not the type of guy he is. I think he was more confused as to where his tickets are, and where the student section is. I'm glad to hear that the students didn't sell out their allotment. This better not happen.

They can't even fathom the possibility that UC sold student section seats out from under them. Anybody here with seats in 110-116 and 126-132 might be in a student section. I think their band is in 130, so if sitting behind the band is a concern...

muethibp
12-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I have at least 2, and maybe 4, seats that I bought as an impulse on seeing this thread and the available lower level seats. I no longer need them and will sell here to a Xavier fan for face plus fees ($46). Post here with an email address if interested. Section 131.

Snipe
12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I have at least 2, and maybe 4, seats that I bought as an impulse on seeing this thread and the available lower level seats. I no longer need them and will sell here to a Xavier fan for face plus fees ($46). Post here with an email address if interested. Section 131.

With them beating UAB today I would think that the Shootout is going to be a sellout.

Fred Garvin
12-07-2008, 02:53 AM
You people should give a ticket to Snipe. He likes to get thrown out of Shootouts. In fact he likes getting ejected from anywhere. I once dropped him off in front of the Cityview. He went to the bar while I went to the can. I came out and he had managed to get tossed without even getting served a drink.

He gets kicked out of basketball arenas, bars, if he was on a cruise ship he'd meet with the same fate as Leon Klingehoffer.

Kahns Krazy
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
He gets kicked out of basketball arenas, bars, if he was on a cruise ship he'd meet with the same fate as Leon Klingehoffer.

Dennis Miller wants his reference book back.