PDA

View Full Version : How I won the Va.Tech game

Fred Garvin
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
There was nine minutes left when I did the strategic couch change. I believe we were down seven at the time. I mirrored everything I did successfully for the Missou game. First, I noticed the lamp was out that had been on for Missou. I turned it on. Next I did as the day before and began pulling my hair out in clumps. Also, as with the day before I did not drink alcohol.

I knew success was on its way when Sean switched to a 3-2 and we got a couple of turnovers. I love this move. A changeup for a few possessions. Thank God Sean doesn't subscribe to the MHettel school of never changing defenses.

The downside: I'm pretty sure I have to watch the Memphis game from the same couch. And the worst of it? No booze.

waggy
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Xavier Basketball asks all what we can do to be better men.

BlueGuy
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
And the worst of it? No booze.

It's going to be a long season for you.

Fred Garvin
11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
It's going to be a long season for you.

You ain't kidding. I was contemplating if a national championship would be worth a sober season.
The jury's still out.

waggy
11-21-2008, 09:55 PM
There's also the calorie factor Fred. Don't forget that.

Strange Brew
11-21-2008, 09:58 PM
And the worst of it? No booze.

I am absolutely convinced that it's the couch. So drink, drink often, drink with purpose.

Fred Garvin
11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I am absolutely convinced that it's the couch. So drink, drink often, drink with purpose.

You sound like a voice of reason. I like that you are a voice for vice.
I think I might wear my "Drink like a champion" tee shirt to the next game.
Again, thanks for the intervention.

MHettel
11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Garvin- You are probably one of the biggest asses on the board.

I normally don't read you drivel.

Yet I did, and you mention me.

I recall you did this before. You are somehow convinced I dont want to change defenses.

Just please support this idea with ONE quote of mine.

Cheesehead
11-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Can't we all just get along after a nice win. Fred is full of BS but we all know that by now, right? He's like Willy on 700, he just says things to get a rise out of people: to bait people. It's purely all entertainment. He's harmless and I don't for one minute believe that he gave up alcohol.

Fred Garvin
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM

I normally don't read you drivel.

Yet I did, and you mention me.

I recall you did this before. You are somehow convinced I dont want to change defenses.

Just please support this idea with ONE quote of mine.

So now you are lying. You know it was on Musketeer Madness. What's funny is you were quite vehement in your defense of an idiotic argument.

BENWAR
11-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Can't we all just get along after a nice win. Fred is full of BS but we all know that by now, right? He's like Willy on 700, he just says things to get a rise out of people: to bait people. It's purely all entertainment. He's harmless and I don't for one minute believe that he gave up alcohol.

Fred is a sober man.

Cheesehead
11-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, that must be a new development. I went to school w/ Fred. Hope everything is ok.

Fred Garvin
11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, that must be a new development. I went to school w/ Fred. Hope everything is ok.

Eveything is fine. Rev, I know you had a rough year and I'm guessing this is a tough holiday season. I'll be thinking of ya.

MHettel
11-22-2008, 12:09 AM
........waiting........

Fred Garvin
11-22-2008, 12:15 AM
........waiting........

I just told you it was MM. Don't think for a second I'm buying your obtuse routine. You said it, be a man. Or just stick to the RPI because when it comes to strategy you betray the mathlete loser that you are.

Raoul Duke
11-22-2008, 09:07 AM
http://transcendentalfloss.com/media/images/2006/garvin.jpg

Kahns Krazy
11-22-2008, 09:19 AM

MH, this is a bold statement. There are numerous asses on this board, and you are proclaiming Fred as one of the biggest. As a guy who strives for excellence in the area of chuchongous assissuty, I demand that you provide evidence that Fred is not only an ass, but that his assness exceeds the assitude of a vast majority of XH posters.

......waiting......

MHettel
11-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Funny that you mention MM.

Thats where you described your pedophile tendencies, right?

I distinctly recall that moment. And I'm sticking to that. I'll refuse to provide any evidence of it, cause that's apparently how it's done.

MADXSTER
11-22-2008, 11:13 AM
My father-in-law would have to disagree with you and say that he is the reason Xavier won. He holds in his "Lucky Pee." Will not go during the game. It started at the gardens when he didn't want to miss any of the action. Because of all the wins he then realized that he had "Lucky Pee" and since has refused to let loose.

Kahns Krazy
11-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Funny that you mention MM.

Thats where you described your pedophile tendencies, right?

I distinctly recall that moment. And I'm sticking to that. I'll refuse to provide any evidence of it, cause that's apparently how it's done.

Wow. In your world suggesting that someone is in favor of sticking with one defensive scheme in a basketball games is equal to implying someone is a child molester.

I guess you are qualified to determine who "one of the biggest asses" is on the board, since you're obviously the biggest.

Kahns Krazy
11-22-2008, 01:29 PM
My father-in-law would have to disagree with you and say that he is the reason Xavier won. He holds in his "Lucky Pee." Will not go during the game. It started at the gardens when he didn't want to miss any of the action. Because of all the wins he then realized that he had "Lucky Pee" and since has refused to let loose.

Um. That's gross. And painful.

BENWAR
11-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Wow. In your world suggesting that someone is in favor of sticking with one defensive scheme in a basketball games is equal to implying someone is a child molester.

I guess you are qualified to determine who "one of the biggest asses" is on the board, since you're obviously the biggest.

My ass is pretty big.

MADXSTER
11-22-2008, 02:11 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/Housmouse73/donkey.jpg

jdm2000
11-22-2008, 06:25 PM
This thread got ugly in a hurry....

Cheesehead
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
What the hell?