PDA

View Full Version : It's a win!

XU-PA
11-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Superb start for the Musketeers in their 79-49 drubbing of Robert Morris, inj 1st round of the pre-season WNIT

T-Phil's 25 pts 12 boards impressive.
But here's stats for you.
Special=12 points, 4 of 4 from 3 pt
Tyesha=14 points, 4 of 6 from 3 in just 11 minutes!

Uh-Oh, remember last year, 7 of 17 from the line as a team.

Coach McG went deep, emptied the bench early, starters only 20 or so minutes each.

Disappointing, attendance=327???? ouch! But then it was a friday afternoon start time.

They'll face the winner of IU and Ball State.
At Bloomington if it's IU, or on the Cintas floor if it's Ball State. Game will be sunday.

cinskyline
11-15-2008, 07:35 AM
I was one of the 327 in attendance, and it was a good start to the season. Robert Morris was 23-9 last year. I don't know how many players they lost, but they have some very athletic players and I was pretty impressed by a couple of them (Johnson in particular).

Moss didn't get a whole lot of minutes, but she really impressed me in the time she was in, and she'll get more time if she continues playing like that. Special did a great job yesterday, both shooting and running the PG position. Dee Dee did a good job as well. Jerri and Tudy were off target.

Ta'Shia was Ta'Shia. She's one of those talents that don't come along very often (much like Harris). Her FT shooting continues to be a big problem though. She gets to the line often, but doesn't convert on FT. She must get a lot better in this area of her game because this will hurt the team at some point.

I think we'll see a lot of players play this year, which is good. Harris was on the bench, obviously on crutches, but seemed to be in good spirits and rooting on the team. I think the team will miss her playmaking ability this year the most.

Looks like we are @ IU on Sunday.

XU-PA
11-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Yup, IU beat Ball State by over a dozen,
The Hoosiers have 4 seniors, three of whom bring back about 35 PPG, they were 18-15 last year, very experienced club, will be a big challenge.

muskienick
11-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I failed to make the game yesterday, seving grandpa duties instead. I am simply amazed at Tudy's line. I can't help but feel that she was suffering from something since she has impressed me in the past as one of the Muskies' steadiest players on both ends of the court.

The women's free throw shooting must improve if we are going to ever challenge for a deep run into the NCAA Tourney. I'm sure Coach M and his staff use the same 100 ft make rule for each player each practice, but they may have to devise some more drastic measures. (Perhaps Brad Redford could serve as a volunteer FT instructor for the Women's team and stress that consistency and rigid routine that he uses for every attemp he takes from the line!)

Be that as it may, I'm not going to look at this game as a "glass half-empty" deal. There were too many good things that were obvious from the box score including quality depth and fine progress being shown by the younger players. And, of course, it's always nice to have a probable All-American strutting her stuff as well as T. Phillips does!