PDA

View Full Version : Xavier News and Yearbooks On Line

Emp
11-14-2008, 03:10 PM
As part of my reunion tour of McDonald Library (soon to be torn down!) I discovered that all of the Xavier News and yearbooks are now scanned and on line.

http://www.xavier.edu/cm/digital-collections/

Click on the phot icon for Xavier News or Yearbooks.

Might want to sticky or otherwise keep this in a permanent location.

Jumpy
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM
That is pretty damn cool.

Masterofreality
11-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Notice that there was no Yearbook published in 1972 or 1973 due to lack of funds- or so we were told by Father Mulligan.

I was robbed of my due recognition as Golf Team Captain!!

Emp
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
MOR its all about you brother.

That is a shame though. My thought is to create a retro yearbook from your classmates photos and text, just digitize them and "publish" what you have to Xavier, the can post it up easily enough.

Masterofreality
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Ah, I'm good, Emp. Nothing is as dead as yesterday's news.

At least I still have my moth eaten Xavier Letter Blanket and sweater.

payday
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't feel so bad, MOR. My Golf Team photo is in the 1976 yearbook, and it's terrible. My 16 yr. old son didn't even recognize me.

Masterofreality
11-15-2008, 09:32 AM
http://yearbook.xu.edu/cdm4/doc_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/Xavier1&CISOPTR=14300&CISOBOX=0

How's this for the last tribute to football?

Notice that there is NOT a picture of Father Mulligan, but Father Bischoff, one of the last fighters FOR the program.

Makes you shed a tear.

vee4xu
11-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Great find Emporer. I enjoyed comparing the photos of my classmates with the real faces I saw at reunion weekend last weekend. We all still look great!! At least I think so.

Pablo's Brother
11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
http://yearbook.xu.edu/cdm4/doc_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/Xavier1&CISOPTR=14300&CISOBOX=0

How's this for the last tribute to football?

Notice that there is NOT a picture of Father Mulligan, but Father Bischoff, one of the last fighters FOR the program.

Makes you shed a tear.

Fr. "B" is a saint and friend to all. If he can't get into Heaven none of us have a shot!

XURunner85
11-15-2008, 04:27 PM
All my yearbooks are at my parents house in Chicago, so it was nice to go into this and see what "we" looked like back then in the 80's....found my pic with the cross country team...boy did I look good back then.....I tried to print out out so that I could use a motivation...but it would not let me....I guess some day I will bring my yearbooks back...

XURunner85
11-15-2008, 04:29 PM
hmmm.... I should go through all the senior pics from around my year and see if all the good looking woman are still good looking and if they are single......hmmm...now I sound like a stalker.....I fit right in on this site. :D

PM Thor
11-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh man that is a great, great find. I just found a couple of newswires with me in them...hilarious.

Plus I looked at the '91 basketball schedule. Comparing that years schedule to this ones is shocking. How far we have come.

I HATE dayton.

Emp
11-17-2008, 01:24 PM
All my yearbooks are at my parents house in Chicago, so it was nice to go into this and see what "we" looked like back then in the 80's....found my pic with the cross country team...boy did I look good back then.....I tried to print out out so that I could use a motivation...but it would not let me....I guess some day I will bring my yearbooks back...

Cross guy, I think most puters have a "print page" function that will allow you to print. You can also try copy and past to a clean page, save and print.

XU Cross finally had the runners to show up at the Great Lakes Div 1 regional last weekend. Didn't do great, but a decent showing.