PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff Was Right

Snipe
11-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Check out this video of Peter Schiff warning of the coming disaster:

Peter Schiff Was Right 2006 - 2007 (2nd Edition) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw)

I know the video is clipped, but Sweet Jesus the man called it. Look at the dates and his predictions in the video.

In hindsight, an economy based upon debt and consumption is an easy mark for a disaster in the making. I have always believed this.

Tough history is coming. We have been living in fairy land for quite some time, but tough history is coming.

Cheesehead
11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Man, he's spot-on w/ just about everything. Obama should give him a jingle. He seems to be the ony one on Wall Street who knows what he's talking about.

Snipe
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
A great thing about that video is watching the other experts mock and laugh at him. They treat him like he is a loon.

The bad thing is his outlook for the future is not good. I don't think Obama would want to hear what he has to say. Schiff is not a fan of big government.

Cheesehead
11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I think Obama will listen to folks who may not tell him what he wants to hear. I think the big thing is that he (Shiff)stresses we have to watch what we spend in addition to possibly icreasing some taxes.

MADXSTER
11-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Amazing. A lone horse and no one listened.

Xpectations
11-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I like Peter Schiff. I began using the term "consumption binge" a few years ago as a result of hearing his commentary.

John Hussman got this right as well and there's far more commentary from him about it than even Schiff. Obama and Congress would do well by adopting to Hussman's rescue plan components.

XU-PA
11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Peter Schiff for President!!! Ooops too late, how about a new job, make him Obama's chief financial advisor (and mine too).

And by the way, who's the genius at FoxNews that decided Ben Stein would be a good financial "expert". Why not pick Chris Rock, or Tom Arnold???

GoMuskies
11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
He's the Iben Browning of the financial markets!

BBC 08
11-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I think because he has an political economic background. Here is wiki page: link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Stein).

Cheesehead
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I thought Stein served in the Nixon adminstration in some official capacity?

chico
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I believe Stein was one of Nixon's speech writers at some point.

XU-PA
11-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Speech-writer for Nixon and Ford, Lawyer, Author, Actor, Comedian, son of famous economist.

I think I'd rather bring Fred Rogers out of the grave for economic insight.

MADXSTER
12-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Check out this video of Peter Schiff warning of the coming disaster:

Peter Schiff Was Right 2006 - 2007 (2nd Edition) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw)

I know the video is clipped, but Sweet Jesus the man called it. Look at the dates and his predictions in the video.

In hindsight, an economy based upon debt and consumption is an easy mark for a disaster in the making. I have always believed this.

Tough history is coming. We have been living in fairy land for quite some time, but tough history is coming.

Just had to watch this again. Wow.

XU-PA
12-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Got the big shovel out to dig this thread up,,,,, wonder what Peter Schiff says today?

MADXSTER
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Got the big shovel out to dig this thread up,,,,, wonder what Peter Schiff says today?

Yeah, this guy at work and I couldn't remember his name and it was driving us crazy!

Roach
12-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Man, he's spot-on w/ just about everything. Obama should give him a jingle. He seems to be the ony one on Wall Street who knows what he's talking about.

Obama would never call Schiff because Schiff is not a Keynesian (i.e. Schiff is smart ...).